Keyfob Interference keeping C-Max awake?

Noah Harbinger

Just a random thought...

There are many sources of RF interference out there. I just happened upon an article describing something I've heard of happening many times: Military radio systems interfering with nearby civilian garage door openers.

It made me wonder, how many other sources of RF interference are there? Perhaps running on the same frequency as your particular C-Max's remote or keyless entry? Maybe not enough to interfere with its functioning, but perhaps enough to keep the computer awake processing the signal. I wonder how much power that would draw if that were the case?

Anything is possible.  The Chevy Volt had some early issues with DBS (dead battery syndrome) that were eventually linked to continuing a cell phone conversation after powering down the car.  It seems the bluetooth link stayed active and searching after the driver left the vehicle.  Next morning; dead 12v battery.  Firmware patch fixed it.