Stuff doesn't fall off my glove box shelf anymore! :)

Rubbermaid shelf liner, as mentioned by someone there, would actually be cheaper, yeah. That's another good idea, which I hadn't thought of. It wouldn't do anything for stuff on top of other stuff - like my Sirius channel guide, for example - but it'd probably still work overall for most things. Oh, and round things, it wouldn't work for either; they'd still roll off. But still, yeah, most things, I'll grant, that would be totally fine for. It really is another good idea.

Keep in mind, I didn't get into this as a business venture. This was just an idea I had for my car, and felt proud enough to share. That others would be interested as well came as a surprise, which I welcomed and embraced, seemingly to the delight of many, but a surprise nonetheless. I'll make them as long as people want them, and/or feel no dismay if others don't.

Speaking of which, fresh plastic has been acquired for the piece that was ordered earlier today. I haven't had a chance to shape it yet, but I plan on doing that and getting it in the mail tomorrow.

Test fit in a showroom Fusion went perfectly! :yahoo:  This one is ready for sale...

pIdCgRD.jpg

(What appears to be imperfections the plastic are actually the results of having used a flash. In reality, that piece is flawlessly clear all the way across.)

I also shipped out the CMax one that had been ordered recently, so if you're my silent Massachusetts customer, I haven't forgotten. You'll have yours soon.  :victory:

Edited by CarpeNivem

Test fit in a showroom Fusion went perfectly! :yahoo:  This one is ready for sale...

pIdCgRD.jpg

(What appears to be imperfections the plastic are actually the results of having used a flash. In reality, that piece is flawlessly clear all the way across.)

I also shipped out the CMax one that had been ordered recently, so if you're my silent Massachusetts customer, I haven't forgotten. You'll have yours soon.  :victory:

Interesting, thinner and slightly longer than the CMax version or so it appears.  Great job once again.  Was wondering have you been keeping track of how many orders have been placed?  Just curious.

Edited by mtb9153

Yeah, it's a bit thinner and considerably longer. It's only 1" high, instead of roughly 1.6", to account for the glovebox itself not being as tall, and much longer, at 16" instead of 10". The Fusion glovebox is WAY wider than ours. The Fusion itself, I think, is way wider than ours. It was difficult at first to cut a piece that long and still keep the edge that straight, but with some practice, I got it. And with that practice, the next one will go much quicker. :)

I'm loving the practice, actually! I feel like every one of these has been nicer than the one before it. I almost feel a little bad for the earlier customers. The last one I sent out (to MA) was definitely the best so far. Just remember, mine's the worst one. I have the first. But they all work the same. ;)

To your other question, I hadn't been keeping track, but I just checked my PayPal records and it seems, wow, I've sold 10 of them. Awesome!  :drop:  

Although, to be clear (hehe), before anyone thinks that's ninety-nine dollars, remember that PayPal takes a piece of each sale, the post office takes their cut, the plastic and adhesive aren't free, and I've really been taking my time making sure each piece is cut and sanded smoothly. I still throw out pieces I've finished and then decided aren't good enough. So while I've definitely collected quite a bit of money (thank you all!), and I have to admit, it hasn't been TOO difficult, the truth is, it hasn't been all that easy either - ask Mrs. Nivem; she'll tell you. ;)

Mostly though, I really have to say, it HAS been flattering, so thank you all again for that. I mean it.  :love_shower:

( Edit: Wait, I just remembered, I've sold 9. I see 10 sales receipts because my dear Canadian friend paid double.  :victory: )

Edited by CarpeNivem

Assuming you're still doing these, I just ordered one... such an awesome idea, I'm still not sure why Ford couldn't have done this themselves!

Thanks so much!!

Silent? ;)

Thanks so much, looking forward to not having to clean up a mess every time I open the glove box!

So, it seems the Fusion piece costs more to ship, because its size pushes the packaging out of the "document" realm and into the "parcel" realm. I swear the post office makes these things up as they go along, but that aside, the first one is on its way now (don't worry about the extra cost; it wasn't much, and I appreciated the opportunity to try something new anyway).

However, because of this, and the slightly increased difficulty, I think it would be fair to charge a little extra for subsequent Fusion pieces (just in case anyone else wants one), right? I mean, is that fair? Here are some new links...

[Links finally removed on 12/17/2016]

I plan on making two Fusion pieces and three CMax pieces this weekend, so I'll have stuff ready for shipping, just in case.

Edited by CarpeNivem

So, it seems the Fusion piece costs more to ship, because its size pushes the packaging out of the "document" realm and into the "parcel" realm. I swear the post office makes these things up as they go along, but that aside, the first one is on its way now (don't worry about the extra cost; it wasn't much, and I appreciated the opportunity to try something new anyway).

However, because of this, and the slightly increased difficulty, I think it would be fair to charge a little extra for subsequent Fusion pieces (just in case anyone else wants one), right? I mean, is that fair? Here are some new links...

Click to order a CMax glove compartment fixer for $9.90

Click to order a Fusion glove compartment fixer for $11.40

I plan on making two Fusion pieces and three CMax pieces this weekend, so I'll have stuff ready for shipping, just in case.

That's very fair. Thanks again for doing this.

Happy South FL C-MAX owner got his Glove Box Shelf Stop the other day and quickly and easily installed it.  I failed to remove the "pop-in" second shelf as recommended but was careful to center and line up bottom edge of Plexiglass plate before pressing and affixing the attachment once the 3M Tape protector was peeled off.  Just like installing exterior plexiglass Window Vent Shades that attach with 3M Tape, you only have (1) chance to align them correctly. Unless you install the "Weather Tech" Clip On design (which are not available) for C-MAX, only the Ford OEM so far,  stick on design, like Contact Cement and Counter Top Laminate placement. once in place, its over! Thanks again, the Glove door is no longer covered with contents when opened!  Aught to be a Ford Recall # and (you) should be their Vendor for the Repair Part!  Lots of C-MAX`s and Fusions need the retrofit!

Edited by Phil1336

Yes, unfortunately the adhesive is very strong, so you really do only have one shot. A weaker adhesive definitely would've been more appropriate, but I really wanted it to match. The white adhesive is the right stickiness, but the black is the right look, and I decided looks matter more, because that's kinda how I roll sometimes. ;)

• 1 year later...

That is a good fix to the problem.  I just saw this post for the first time.  This was a problem for me too but it was two fold.  Things sliding around and I don't like the placement of the glove box from the drivers seat.  It is very hard to reach over and get things out. 

I was shopping one day at Staples and they had a nice little open top box for storing things in a desk drawer on the clearance tables outside the store.  I thought, would this work in the glove box?  For a few $$ I thought it was worth a try.  It worked out great.  I does not fit the full width of the glove box but it is good enough to get a lot of stuff in this box.  Now I can just reach over and grab the whole box out and put that on the seat. Grab what I want and put it back.   Very happy with this solution. 

I guess one step better would be to come up with something that fit in that area a little better.  Maybe a custom box?  Even a plastic storage box might work. 

I see there are advantages to this and the plastic lip.   It could be a better design from Ford. 

• 4 weeks later...