Stuff doesn't fall off my glove box shelf anymore! :)

Laurel's was packaged and addressed last night. It's on its way, sort of, in so much that it left the house with my wife this morning, who will place it in the "actual mail" either on her way to or from work. So, it's at least no longer here, is the point. Like I said, it's on its way, sort of.  ;)

Also, I've made three more, for whoever wants them.   :)

Here is a picture of remaining inventory for now. I'll make more as needed.

RV9J5to.jpg

(...oh, and apparently there is also my toes. Oops.)

Edited by CarpeNivem

By the way, Laurel, just in case it was not clear, yours DID go out yesterday. It's officially on its way, in the hands of the US Post Office. :)

Thanks!  We usually get stuff from the States fairly quickly.  Unless they decide it is something suspicious and then it disappears into the Bermuda Triangle <g>.

Thank Jeff for doing these. I've pay paled you payment and my address.

Marty

I'll ship you my last one later this afternoon.

Yup, that's right folks, no more inventory. I will gladly make more if/as they're needed! In fact, I even purchased myself a new cutting tool (not just for this, I'm sure I'll find other projects) so it'll be fun to try that out. Regardless though, I'm really glad everyone has enjoyed them so much. :)

How many inches wide is it? I wonder if one of these would work in our Fusion Hybrid. Thank you

Would you like one for the Fusion? I visited a Ford dealership yesterday and took some measurements. Not only should the whole thing be longer, but it also shouldn't be as tall, and the adhesive shouldn't be as thick. That said, I could easily make one to these dimensions, if you would like. Just let me know.

Would you like one for the Fusion? I visited a Ford dealership yesterday and took some measurements. Not only should the whole thing be longer, but it also shouldn't be as tall, and the adhesive shouldn't be as thick. That said, I could easily make one to these dimensions, if you would like. Just let me know.

I posted a topic on the FFH Forum with links to your work here so we can see how many FFH owners are interested. How tall are you thinking you'd make the lip for the FFH? It seems like our glovebox has a much shorter opening from top to bottom but is wider side-to-side. I'd think it would need to be pretty short to still allow you to reach over it to items inside. But yes I am interested in one for our Fusion. Thanks!

Here's a link to the FFH Forum topic

Edited by hybridbear

I posted a topic on the FFH Forum with links to your work here so we can see how many FFH owners are interested. How tall are you thinking you'd make the lip for the FFH? It seems like our glovebox has a much shorter opening from top to bottom but is wider side-to-side. I'd think it would need to be pretty short to still allow you to reach over it to items inside. But yes I am interested in one for our Fusion. Thanks!

Exactly. I noticed that too. The glovebox is shorter overall, so the lip would need to be smaller, for easier access to put things away or take them out.

When I made my own, I experimented with height and found roughly 1.5" was just tall enough to be useful without being cumbersome. I'd probably make two or three prototypes, take them to a dealership, and stick them in one of the showroom Fusions (with Scotch tape, of course, for immediate removal) to see what works best. I'm thinking probably 1" tall or less, but whatever works.

Here's a FFH forum user interested in two of them!  Will use that link and go from there, thanks,,,