Hands free power liftgate will not close

I opened the liftgate by double pressing on my key fob.  Tried to close it the same way - pressed twice but it didn't close.  Tried pressing button on instrument panel - liftgate didn't close.  Tried kicking under rear bumper - liftgate didn't close.  Anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions?  Is there a way to manually close the liftgate (without causing other problems)?

Anyone know how to get the two lights in the cargo area to turn off so they are not sucking power out of my 12v battery all night?

Edited by DaveofDurham

I generally press the button on the lift gate to close it, but my husbnd frequently just grabs the handle on the lift gate and pushes it closed.  No interference in the operation with doing either.  I generally kick (twice as I haven't taken mine in for the fix) when my arms are full.  I'm not sure which button turns off the cargo lights and if all else fails take out the bulb.

Glad you got it closed.  I used to freak when hubby would manually close the lift gate as I figured he would bugger the automatic system, but it seems to work fine no matter where we kick, push the rear button on the door, the up front button, or he just closes it manually. 

I opened the liftgate by double pressing on my key fob.  Tried to close it the same way - pressed twice but it didn't close.  Tried pressing button on instrument panel - liftgate didn't close.  Tried kicking under rear bumper - liftgate didn't close.  Anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions?  Is there a way to manually close the liftgate (without causing other problems)?

Anyone know how to get the two lights in the cargo area to turn off so they are not sucking power out of my 12v battery all night?

I had these same intermittent problems until the update. Now one kick and trunk consistently opens. Fob works well too.