Had it happen a couple of times when the car was young :) . At 200k MADMAX still doesn't use much oil so I haven't worried about it. Probably a little oil in throttle body getting sucked through. :)

Paul

Holy Cow,

200k already? You must be doing some serious cruising.

• 2 years later...

New here. Hello! I have 66k on a 2015 C-Max Hybrid. I had been driving the car on the highway for about 45 minutes (engine pretty warm by then) when I decided to pass a truck while going up a hill. I was wearing new (and apparently heavy) sneakers and didn't realize how hard I had pressed the gas pedal. The engine revved up loud, the kilowatt energy indicator went all the way into the yellow warning area, and a white puff of smoke appeared in my rear view mirror. I thought, "Oh, no! I broke my car!" I checked under the hood when I stopped 25 minutes later, and I checked under the car for any leakage. All seemed well, and the car functioned normally for the rest of the trip.

1 hour ago, weatherdiva3 said:

New here. Hello! I have 66k on a 2015 C-Max Hybrid. I had been driving the car on the highway for about 45 minutes (engine pretty warm by then) when I decided to pass a truck while going up a hill. I was wearing new (and apparently heavy) sneakers and didn't realize how hard I had pressed the gas pedal. The engine revved up loud, the kilowatt energy indicator went all the way into the yellow warning area, and a white puff of smoke appeared in my rear view mirror. I thought, "Oh, no! I broke my car!" I checked under the hood when I stopped 25 minutes later, and I checked under the car for any leakage. All seemed well, and the car functioned normally for the rest of the trip.

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about the white smoke upon infrequent heavy acceleration. As stated in previous posts in this thread, many of us have had the same experience with no engine issues.

Under normal driving conditions, the CMax engine does not have high rev's, so soot build-up accumulates, and is expelled during heavy acceleration. It has happened a few times to me.