So...With some investagation Maxi Rose...

Hollywoodtx

With some investagation Maxi Rose...falls under the texas Lemion-Aid law.

http://txdmv.gov/motorists/consumer-protection/lemon-law

This is not the route I thought I would have to take when I bought Maxi but at this point it seems as if it is headed that way. I think we are willing to give ford some time but hubby and I are just about at the end of our rope. I hope we are the only ones that got the dredded lemon out of the bunch.

:cry:

Looks like they are willing to extend a hand...just the mention of the law sent them into over drive. So BIG Big discount on current loan and a buy back aggrement should we choose to go that way before she turns 3 if we are willing to purchase another c-max. I would say it is a win!!!

Maxi Rose (or mom) is now the new pain in fords ars! She has gone to a pvt service department (will only be sent there) and somehow has come back in one day. Not everthing is compleatly fixed but all safety issues have been addressed.

Calk one up for the consumer this time!

Adair I think they then would have to explain things to Ford, and then these lemon cars do get publicity that wouldn't be wanted by the dealership.  I am interested in the private service department where Maxie Rose was sent to and came out with many things fixed.  Sort of like movie stars getting into Betty Ford?  So Maxie Rose got star treatment --Yay!!!

Adair I think they then would have to explain things to Ford, and then these lemon cars do get publicity that wouldn't be wanted by the dealership.  I am interested in the private service department where Maxie Rose was sent to and came out with many things fixed.  Sort of like movie stars getting into Betty Ford?  So Maxie Rose got star treatment --Yay!!!

I was thinking the same thing Laurel!!! But it just shouldn't take all the drama to get things done!! I'm from another generation, clearly! 

Hahaha you guys are so funny..If they still gave me a hard time I was going to buy a wrap for it saying where I bought it and have lemons all over it. So I think that may have helped also...My car I can do what I want with it. I was not told just where this Pvt service was done but I can tell you she is now sober and driving straight and her top no longer comes off for no reason!

Hollywoodtx, when I did mine, way more years ago than I care to admit, I painted lemons, leaves and stems and wrote the dealership name on both doors!

THIS WAS DECADES AGO, FOLKS!!! NOT A C-MAX!!!

Oh...I see...said the blind man, now its an AGE and LEMON thing now...care to add anything else while you're at it... :hysterical:

I'm glad you're getting some help with the issues.  Ford doesn't want the Lemon Law enacted because they have to pay all the lawyer fees.  

I bought one of the first 2013 Escapes out of the factory, and it was involved in every recall.  Finally, I talked to Ford about a buy-back, and they were very, very generous with me.  My dealership did everything in its power to help me with the Escape and then with the buy-back, and then with getting the C-Max.  As far as I'm concerned, I won.  I love this car.  If it had known that Ford was coming out with the C-Max, I never would have bought the Escape.  

I'm glad you're getting some help with the issues.  Ford doesn't want the Lemon Law enacted because they have to pay all the lawyer fees.  

I bought one of the first 2013 Escapes out of the factory, and it was involved in every recall.  Finally, I talked to Ford about a buy-back, and they were very, very generous with me.  My dealership did everything in its power to help me with the Escape and then with the buy-back, and then with getting the C-Max.  As far as I'm concerned, I won.  I love this car.  If it had known that Ford was coming out with the C-Max, I never would have bought the Escape.  

Asb,

Interesting story.  Thanks for sharing, and congrats for sticking to your entitlement to be treated right.  Glad it worked out for you.

I would value your comments on comparison of the C-max to the 2013 Escape.

See from my other posts that I've had a close look and opined that they are essentially the same vehicle.

Other than the front face style and the space taken up by the hybrid battery compartment, what significant differences did you find between the two cars?

What engine did you have in the Escape?  How does the power on the C-max compare from a drivability standpoint?

I loved the Escape.  Yes, it is essentially a larger C-Max.  I do miss the larger cargo space, but it's not like I use it very often.  I was only able to get 25 mpg on my commutes, so there's a huge difference.  

I had the 1.6 engine.  I found it to be plentiful powerful.  There was certainly no reason to get the larger engine.  It's been so long since I've driven the Escape, I'm not sure how it compares to the C-Max.  I find the C-Max to be wonderfully powerful.  

Edited by asb

it would have been nice if they kept the Escape in a hybrid version for those who did want the extra space and higher seating setup but i guess they thought it would be harder to get high enough mpgs to sell enough of them since it would of  had the negative effects of the larger size and weight and front face increasing the drag coefficient.