Lifetime Brake Score?

I have more 70% and 80% than not it is just too hard to plan my braking here.  Always some idiot that ruins my best efforts.  Or a light turns yellow just before I reach the pedestrian crossing and I have to nail the brakes or risk running a red light.  Once in a great while I get a 100%.

Edited by mtb9153

Always some idiot that ruins my best efforts.  Or a light turns yellow just before I reach the pedestrian crossing and I have to nail the brakes or risk running a red light. 

Daily occurrences for us all, I am sure.  The C-MAX gets partial credit for mellowing me out, but that credit gets taken away by these kinds of things. 

It's like getting the perfect 10.  Even if you have had luck for something at one moment, you end out finishing off the performance with choosing between a brake slam or gunning ICE to avoid getting caught by the light.  If only you had arrived at the light just three seconds before! 

Sound familiar?  :shift:

I got a 50% at a light today, going downhill towards an intersection - I think that's my lowest to date. Felt so ashamed. 

35% beat that.  Better to stop. Ps it was a lowly 75.7 mpg run  :spend:

Impressive.  I don't think I have seen less than the 60% range and I thought I was pretty much slamming in the brakes.

nope got a 45% on some occasions.  50's are quite common

Common????? As in your brake score is in the 50's most of the time?

Are you not able to anticipate stops? Do drive in an area where people pull out in front of you a lot? Can your provide more detail as to why these low brake scores are common for you?

28,751 miles & a lifetime brake score of 93%

Three different drivers with three different driving styles (one of those driver's driving style is more designed for a sports car, than a hybrid).

Lowest one-time brake score I know about was a 75%, as we rarely have to do fast, immediate stops.

Edited by mnrobitaille

28,751 miles & a lifetime brake score of 93%

Three different drivers with three different driving styles (one of those driver's driving style is more designed for a sports car, than a hybrid).

Lowest one-time brake score I know about was a 75%, as we rarely have to do fast, immediate stops.

Hmm, anyone want to try to get a 0%? :stirpot: