Trim Cover Pieces on rear seat hinges broken

richr

I found a trim piece on my rear floor. It looks like it should cover the hinge at the front of the rear seat bottom. The piece has broken tabs on it. The hinge on the other side does not have a cover piece. I dont know if it ever did.

I am assuming that's where the piece should go. It seems to fit, but with the broken tabs, it wont stay there. Do your rear seat hinges have plastic cover pieces?  Have you had a problem with them snapping off?

The dealer will not warranty them, because they are a trim piece. 

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I gave mine a little jiggle and it was absolutely firm. 

I wonder how much the replacement part is? 

Edit: Looks like part 63386A - $42.27 is the list part on the website, but having come through the dealer portal, $48.19. It's weird, most catalogs don't make a point of pointing out that you're paying more than list price for something…

Edited by Noah Harbinger

• 5 weeks later...

Mine, too.  I kept trying to stick it back on, but it eventually fell out of the floorboard and is now lost.  The most awful part is that the sticky tape is now exposed and if you're sitting back there, your pant leg gets stuck to it.  Arg!  That little panel that covers a fuse box on the driver's side kept falling off and is lost now, too.  I'm going to make sure the dealership replaces these items.  It's just sad that the interior is falling apart and it's not even a year old!

I gave mine a little jiggle and it was absolutely firm. 

I wonder how much the replacement part is? 

Edit: Looks like part 63386A - $42.27 is the list part on the website, but having come through the dealer portal, $48.19. It's weird, most catalogs don't make a point of pointing out that you're paying more than list price for something…

What website?  Because I need a cargo net and another interior panel that has fallen off and gotten lost, and the dealer is acting like looking these parts up is the biggest inconvenience in the world.