New FSA Notice 13C02 - HEADLINER HEAD IMPACT PROTECTION

I just saw this on http://owner.ford.com.  Also shows up on http://www.etis.ford.com/

You need to enter your VIN to see if it applies to your vehicle.

I couldn't find any details on exactly what is wrong or what the fix is.

I got it in etis.  Also, no luck with Google re what this is about.  And, as luck would have it, my motorcraftservice subscription ran out yesterday.   :sad:

Edited by Bill-N

Shows up for me. 

I remember seeing something like this come up for some other Ford vehicle a couple years back - I think it was on the Transit Connect (another Euro vehicle transplanted to the US). In that case, it was that the fasteners holding the head liner in place were deemed to be a risk to the head in the case of an impact. I don't remember any more details than that though. 

Edit: Found a news release about the Transit Connect recall: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/09/ford-recalling-nearly-34-000-transit-connect-vehicles-over-headl/

Again, no idea if it is/could be related. 

Edited by Noah Harbinger

I'm not going to be the Guinea Pig on this repair like I was for my dealer on the GPSM fix and the 3.5.1 upgrade fix. After I get the recall letter, I'm waiting awhile, maybe two or three months, before I take mine in. I've driven in cars for 65 years and haven't had a rollover yet, so I'm willing to take a chance on this one.

Can I say this here? This is totally farked up! I think I've been cured of buying a first-year model car, not that I have that many new car purchases in front of my remaining life on this planet.

Edited by ArizonaEnergi

Oh dear!  What a big pain in the butt for those that don't have the glass roof.  I am thinking there are probably more without the glass roof than those that bought it.  I'm glad we have the glass roof as I think hubby is getting discouraged reading about all the MFT upgrade issues and if we had to go in for the roof, he probably would sell our car.

I just read through that recall letter again, and this is dreadful news for Ford.  No parts available yet to do the recall and dealers not being allowed to sell those cars without repairs to them.  I won't be surprised to read down the road that our panorama roofs have some issue as well since they mention a certain pillar in the car.  Very sad for all of us. I guess the dealerships must have heard this long ago and this does explain why there haven't been any C-Max ads.  I wonder when the media will jump on this situation?

Edited by Laurel

I have had my vehicle since July 1. Went to the dealer today to have splash guards installed and mentioned to the salesman about the recall. His reply was he didn't know anything about it. Ask me what the recall was about so I told him. Not a word was spoken except that he had to take care of something. Didn't see him again. Very strange

Well I didn't get the roof glass so l guess my adventure is about to begin. Got the flaps installed today and was looking at them this afternoon and have to take it back to have them finish the job. Left out pop rivets onthree out of the 4 they put on. I really don't look forward to them working on my roof judging by how they put mud flaps on... oh well should be iinteresting

I am thinking that this is going to impact in a big way.  If dealers cannot sell cars without the repair being done first, it is a serious issue.  And this serious issue relates to safety of human beings so it seems logical to me that Ford is going to have to order all these problem cars off the road.  It makes no sense to allow people to drive these cars in case an accident happens and someone is killed because of inadequate padding or whatever is missing.  So if that letter that was posted is legitimate, I think we will be seeing more drastic action.

nothing says you HAVE to do it. how often does a roll over happen.we don't know what it will cause if there is one.only the ones at the dealer and factory are affected by the hold.

hey, user MadManMoon here on the forums was supposed to get their car in 2 weeks? if they didnt get the sunroof would the dealer hold it out key them take it and come back when there are parts and a fix?

Well I didn't get the roof glass so l guess my adventure is about to begin. Got the flaps installed today and was looking at them this afternoon and have to take it back to have them finish the job. Left out pop rivets onthree out of the 4 they put on. I really don't look forward to them working on my roof judging by how they put mud flaps on... oh well should be iinteresting

Edited by salsaguy