Custom Search

Welcome to Ford C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford C-MAX Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford C-MAX Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Click here to become a C-MAX Platinum member

Photo

Panoramic Roof

panoramic roof

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zippy

zippy

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

Someone else asked this question, which peaked my curiosity. Has anyone ordered a C-Max with the panoramic roof and what are your impressions?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   mightydog

mightydog

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

No never seen one do you have any photos?

#3 OFFLINE   ZOOM

ZOOM

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKENTUCKY
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-MAX SEL

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

I own a C-MAX SEL and made sure it did not have the panoramic roof. It dosn't open to the outside and when the inside cover is moved back anyone in the back seat can see out it but if sitting in the front seats you don't see out unless you turn around and look out the roof, something I wouldn't suggest while driving. In other words the opening or view is behind the driver and front passengers head. I felt it was useless and a waste of $1200. Most that have arrived at dealers in my area have this option. I am sure some will like it but I do not.

#4 OFFLINE   Laurel

Laurel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • My C-MAX's Color:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Zippy the demo that we drove a few days ago had the panoramic roof. It does not open but does have a filter cover that you can close. Actually it looked very nice on the demo, but I ordered without as $1200 seemed a lot to pay and I thought it would be eve quieter without that feature. But it looks very nice with it.

#5 OFFLINE   jack

jack

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 33 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

I own a C-MAX SEL and made sure it did not have the panoramic roof. It dosn't open to the outside and when the inside cover is moved back anyone in the back seat can see out it but if sitting in the front seats you don't see out unless you turn around and look out the roof, something I wouldn't suggest while driving. In other words the opening or view is behind the driver and front passengers head. I felt it was useless and a waste of $1200. Most that have arrived at dealers in my area have this option. I am sure some will like it but I do not.

How far back from the beginning of the roof does the panaramic roof begin?

#6 OFFLINE   Laurel

Laurel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

Jack the panoramic roof seems like it almost meets the front windshield. Here is a pretty good photo. http://www.timesfree...rid-wagon-puts/

#7 OFFLINE   rfruth

rfruth

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 113 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Focus

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

Wonder if pano roof has a vent mode (the back edge of the sunroof goes *up* a few inches, great for letting the hot air escape if car has been sitting in the sun) my Fusion does this and its great

Edited by rfruth, 09 October 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   SavinginNM

SavinginNM

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

No the roof is fixed and does not open to vent as you asked.

#9 OFFLINE   CNCGeek

CNCGeek

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 309 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:C-max hybrid

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

No the roof is fixed and does not open to vent as you asked.

Can't see the point of that. Additionally it will probably reduce the load capacity of the roof - my co-worker bought an Escape Titanium and was told that the load capacity would be reduced drastically (something like less than 100lbs) if he bought the pano roof. I'd also be suspect of the crash worthyness of a car with a glass roof.

It's too bad they did not even offer the option of a traditional sunroof since there is plenty of headroom in the C-max.

Edited by CNCGeek, 14 October 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   Chinto

Chinto

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 121 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ingot Silver
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C Max SEL

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

I normally like the sun/moon roof and have had them on most of my previous cars. Unfortunately, the C Max pan roof just did not make any sense to me. The thin cloth closure has no insulation value for winter or summer so I would guess more heat/cool demand required to keep the car comfortable which would affect mileage. Since it can't be opened what is the point besides weakening the roof?

#11 OFFLINE   pixelwiz

pixelwiz

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • LocationPalm Beach Gardens, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2007 BMW 328i Convertible

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

I think it's a stupid option, but I wish they would have done it the way it works on the Lincoln MKz, where the whole roof does open up which makes it almost kinda sorta like a convertible. I still can't quite believe I'm about to trade a BMW Hard-top convertible for a C-Max.

#12 OFFLINE   ideaman7

ideaman7

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • LocationProvidence, RI
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SE

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

I liked the way the panoramic roof makes the interior look airy and bright so I bought mine with the roof. Is it worth $1200? Maybe not, but it makes the car for me. Goes well with the silver exterior.

#13 OFFLINE   Laurel

Laurel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

I wasn't going to order it, but after I put in my factory order for an SEL I phoned and ordered it. I did like the brightness of the interior on the demo we drove and the sliding cover filtered the bright light nicely. Since I loved the demo car and it had the panoramic roof, I thought I might live to regret not including it.

#14 OFFLINE   ScooterS

ScooterS

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 143 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

I've had a sunroof on my last 5 or 6 cars. I love the fresh air. Here in TX it is great to vent the heat on 100 degree+ days!
I looked at the sunroof on the C-Max. It is very large and has a neat motorized shade. However, since it doesn't move, it is worthless to me. It will only allow more heat into the car.
Worse yet, it is $1200. I'm sure that the sealed model is to increase mileage. However, It is way too expensive and way too non-functional for me. I didn't order it with my C-Max.

#15 OFFLINE   Bob

Bob

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationRehoboth Beach, Delaware
  • Current Vehicle:2011 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Anyone investigate an aftermarket or OEM operable sunroof?

#16 OFFLINE   Tdefny

Tdefny

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 285 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Energi, '02 Prius, '00 Town & Country

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

I would not buy it for the reasons others stated above, but the only Energi I was likely to see before the end of the year had it and I was stuck with it if I wanted the car. I actually love it. It makes a silver Max look great and it also makes the interior of the car quite nice. I probably still wouldn't order it but i am glad I have it - for now.

#17 OFFLINE   OregonCmax

OregonCmax

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ruby Red
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

I took a test drive in a C-Max with the panoramic sunroof. I live in the Pacific Northwest and with all our gray days I loved the extra light the sunroof provided. Wouldn't have ordered one without it!

#18 OFFLINE   jkngale

jkngale

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMurray Harbour, PEI
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ice Storm
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

We bought a demo model, and the panoramic roof was its only option. I wouldn't have chosen it, but my kids love it. I think it benefits the back seaters most.

#19 OFFLINE   Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca
  • My C-MAX's Color:Blue Candy
  • Current Vehicle:Ford F-250 7.3L

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

When I found out that it was not moveable I immediately crossed it off the list - especially for the $1200 asking price.

Now if they offered high quality solar panels built into the roof for that price I'd be all over it...

• jkngale likes this

#20 OFFLINE   valkraider

valkraider

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 610 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • My C-MAX's Color:Blue Candy
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

I love it. Especially when sitting in back. It makes driving in cities, mountains, or forests much better. We took a few hour drive up and down the Columbia Gorge and I, sitting in back, saw things I never had seen before since I could look through the roof! Normally I am focusing on driving or I can't see because I'm in the back seat. :)
  • jkngale likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users