Highest MPG CMax Club (minimum 500 miles)

Jus-A-CMax

Well my plan was to jump right into the  600+ club, but I hit a roadblock with my PCM update.  The pic is prior to the update.  I went ahead and refilled before bringing the "updated" car back to the dealer.  Really didn't want to deal with the frustration of my update not working AND running out of gas!  I'm pretty confident I would have hit 600 with this tank - my first full tank in the car!

I do think I got a reasonable explanation on why the PCM update didn't take.  When my dealer connected the car to their system, it responded that all was up to date.  It appears the dealer tech shop computer didn't have the PCM update available to them.  After a quick reassessment on why the first attempt didn't work, I'm being sent on my way in an Explorer or some such.  Wonder what kind of milage I'll be able to get in that?  I recommend you ask your dealer to test drive to confirm all is good before accepting your car back.

Got to say that I am really happy with my CMax.  We went into this purchase aware of the class action suit from the Sub 38'ers.  if you drive this car like a hybrid, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to get good mileage.

post-1307-0-76557900-1375972567_thumb.jpg

Here's my first entry into the club.

All of this is post-update, starting at my fill-up immediately after the update.  This is tank #3 for me.  This is about 50% highway (70mph) and 50% city.  Well on track to joining the 600mi club on this tank as well!  I'm quite happy with the car so far, and I still have a lot to learn about driving it, plus it's still in the break-in period.

post-1318-0-44332700-1376073005_thumb.jpg

All of this is post-update, starting at my fill-up immediately after the update.  This is tank #3 for me.  This is about 50% highway (70mph) and 50% city.  Well on track to joining the 600mi club on this tank as well!  I'm quite happy with the car so far, and I still have a lot to learn about driving it, plus it's still in the break-in period.

attachicon.gifIMG_20130809_140545_195.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20130809_140545_195.jpg

:congrats:  you're in! And over the 47MPG as well. 7 out of the 15 are above the much vaunted 47MPG threshold. Well done and see u soon in the 600+ Cmax Club  :)

Here is my first entry, but I know I will do better. I had to short fill, but I held out to after 500 miles so I could get in.

I do not have the new PCM firmware yet, so no EV above 62 and over half of this was highway over 65. The real killer was driving out to Acton and back, it is about 2000 foot of climb over 15 miles, getting mid 20 mpg chugging up, and on the way back, the batteries are topped out 1/4 way down, and we had the A/C blasting too. It dropped from 46.5 average to about 44 on that drive, I got it back up to 45.3 in just 20 more miles of driving careful with the A/C off.

503.2 miles  199.3 miles EV  11.10 gallons  45.3 MPG

post-1232-0-84369600-1376194274_thumb.jpg

Here is my first entry, but I know I will do better. I had to short fill, but I held out to after 500 miles so I could get in.

I do not have the new PCM firmware yet, so no EV above 62 and over half of this was highway over 65. The real killer was driving out to Acton and back, it is about 2000 foot of climb over 15 miles, getting mid 20 mpg chugging up, and on the way back, the batteries are topped out 1/4 way down, and we had the A/C blasting too. It dropped from 46.5 average to about 44 on that drive, I got it back up to 45.3 in just 20 more miles of driving careful with the A/C off.

503.2 miles  199.3 miles EV  11.10 gallons  45.3 MPG

:congrats:  you're in  :)

I finally crossed 500 miles.  50 MPG.  Not bad for 100 percent air conditioning use in 90+F heat.  This is also pre-recalibration.

:congrats:  see above...

Wow Scuba, you still have a 1/4 tank left, go for the 600 club.

He's in...jus need to submit a clean photo this time (SDM kinda messed it up 1st time but it got accepted anyway :) ). 1st to break 600 miles in the 1st tank.

Jus, it would be nice to also see  on the 1st page honor roll list, the total odometer miles that are associated with these record tanks so we can see who got in with the LOWEST total miles on their car (ie, breakin factor) Jus, can you go back and review the pix posted and update the list to include o d o miles? or point out the persons ( 1 man 1 woman ) who had the lowest odo miles and made the club??

Edited by salsaguy

SalsaGuy, I will add the odo readings to each one, but it will take me a little bit. It's too nice here today to be inside at the computer. Check back from time to time and you will see them. I'll start with mine right now, before I head back OUTSIDE  :love_shower:

Adair, cool. thanks for adding the odometer miles.

so looks like one of the newcomers is the king of mpg who got it on their first or second tank with only 565 total miles driven. call it luck or prior hybrid experience or whatever....still very cool:

48.5 MPG gummizilla (513.8/280.1EV using 10.58 gallons) 565.4 total miles, member since 08/08/13

Edited by salsaguy

No prior hybrid experience here, but I've been milking every mile from a 2010 Ford Fusion for the last two years.  I think my MPG on my first post would have been a little better but my wife drove the car once ;) .  I do have a pic of 607.2 miles using 12.56 gallons (658.8 on the odo).  Not sure if that would count in the 600+ on a tank since I did actually fill up after the 10 gallons.  Plus my MPG dipped a bit because I was checking to see if the PCM update worked. 

With my current tripometer, I am a little over 50MPG after 180 miles driven.  These are all after the update.

Yesterday I was at a red light right next to a Prius.  The light turned and the Prius took off.  My reaction, "I win!!!"  I wonder if that Prius driver always drove like that or eventually got bored with driving like a hybrid.

No prior hybrid experience here, but I've been milking every mile from a 2010 Ford Fusion for the last two years.  I think my MPG on my first post would have been a little better but my wife drove the car once ;) .  I do have a pic of 607.2 miles using 12.56 gallons (658.8 on the odo).  Not sure if that would count in the 600+ on a tank since I did actually fill up after the 10 gallons.  Plus my MPG dipped a bit because I was checking to see if the PCM update worked. 

With my current tripometer, I am a little over 50MPG after 180 miles driven.  These are all after the update.

Yesterday I was at a red light right next to a Prius.  The light turned and the Prius took off.  My reaction, "I win!!!"  I wonder if that Prius driver always drove like that or eventually got bored with driving like a hybrid.

Drats, would have been nice to chew his a$$...lol. nah, you gotta do it with the single tank, no refills otherwise whats the fun.. ;)

Why was I taken off the list? :rant2:

Hi Seth.....I just looked back and couldn't find your post for this list. Was it this list or the 600 mile club you were on?

Seth, you are in the 600+ CMax club, you were never on the list for this one as far as I can remember...but if you want to throw up a pic per Post #1, go for it. Even I threw up a new pic for this club but declined to put myself on it.

And no, its not a conspiracy either :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

naw u were just giving them a 10 sec head start.......since the cmax will smoke it in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile anyways :)

This was a fun trip.  I drove down the Roanoke Mountain to my house on this trip.  The starting elevation was about 2200 feet and a winding road most of the way down.  The speed limit was 35 so I had to keep my foot on the brake most of the time.  The other half of the trip was in traffic at 35 mph.  

IMG_1138_zpsa585df58.jpg?t=1376430747

Have you tried *hill assist* yet?

This was a fun trip.  I drove down the Roanoke Mountain to my house on this trip.  The starting elevation was about 2200 feet and a winding road most of the way down.  The speed limit was 35 so I had to keep my foot on the brake most of the time.  The other half of the trip was in traffic at 35 mph.  

IMG_1138_zpsa585df58.jpg?t=1376430747