Oil Change Required being displayed

Didn't experience any performance issues when I received the REQUIRED message, just the annoying pop-up at every engine start.  I did not reset the monitor at the previous oil change and the message appeared at 9,850 miles from the last reset, even though I had driven less than 5,000 since the last change.  I figure it merely counts 10,000 from the last reset.

My C-MAX now has about 5,800+ miles on it.  I just came back from a trip that involved a lot of mountain driving, Downhill Assist driving, and the like.  So, I decided to do The Works.  Just got back from the service.

I asked my SA if the technician reset the monitor.  I was told that it had been reset, but, just to make sure, I reset it again before leaving the dealership.

My C-MAX now has about 5,800+ miles on it.  I just came back from a trip that involved a lot of mountain driving, Downhill Assist driving, and the like.  So, I decided to do The Works.  Just got back from the service.

I asked my SA if the technician reset the monitor.  I was told that it had been reset, but, just to make sure, I reset it again before leaving the dealership.

At least it's very easy to reset.

Good for you :thumbsup: .

2 quick stories

1.  My son worked for a Honda dealership, their #1 customer... Jiffy-Lube, he said they were good for at least 1 motor a month.

2.  We bought a Certified BMW, took it home and checked the oil...hhuumm oil WAY up on the dip stick.

BMW's hold 7 qts, took 14 out.

AND THAT'S WHY I DO ALL the maintenance on our cars!!!

wab

Another story:

One of the Ford dealers in my town was caught under-filling all oil changes by one quart.  It's not much per change, but when you do thousands of oil changes a year it adds up to a nice piece of change!

AND THAT'S WHY I DO ALL the maintenance on our cars!!!

• 2 years later...

I -wish- mine would say "Soon" - it always says "Required" and catches me off guard.  Last few times it was close to 10K but I guess because of the extra hot summer and the fact that I was driving and idling the car more than usual with the AC on I got an extra early warning this time..  It's an electric AC compressor but the engine still works harder. 

My commute to work is only about 20 minutes so that probably doesn't help, although in the mornings I can almost coast to work 65-75F - 50MPG, afternoons have been brutal with the temps in the 90's - 34-40MPG..

Might've been 3K this time since my last change - I'll have to check my last service receipt with the actual mileage.

Edited by jestevens