TRADED IN THE CMAX FOR A PRIUS AFTER 10 MONTHS

MADCMAX

It took 10 months, but I traded in the Cmax for a Prius.  The NHTSA recall was the final straw.  I find it interesting that Ford told dealers not to sell it or even demo it (saw the letter) but yet they haven't officially told all of those who carry their families in them everyday.   And while I'm not saying it is a cover-up, I find it curious why the IIHS hasn't "tested" the Cmax yet but they did test the Fusion that came out AFTER the Cmax and they gave the Fusion a top safety pick.  Surely the Cmax wont' get that or else there wouldn't be a recall out there.  

So I wish you all well and hope that the recall thing works out.   The many many problems, the lack of 47/47/47, and the safety recall were all evidence that Ford isn't interested in my business, just interested in selling cars.   In fact I ran into an owner of a Cmax that was my same color and such and they were going through the battery nightmare.  Thankfully I never had that to deal with.  

Well, it sounds like you did what was best for you. Time to move on. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Hope you'll be happier with your Prius. The C-Max isn't for everyone.

Good luck MadCMAX!

Every C-Max owner has to do what he feels is right for him.  Although I've been a little disappointed in the numerous issues which have cropped-up with the C-Max, it was not enough to make me consider getting rid of it.  For instance, my battery went dead twice within a week this past March.  I made sure I was first in line at my dealership to get the TSB installed (130501) which supposedly addresses this, and I haven't had a dead battery since.  I've been a little disappointed in the gas mileage (my current lifetime mpg is 38.4 according to the display), so I made sure to get the 13B07 upgrade installed as soon as it became available.  I also got the 13C02 recall (headliner fix) done at the same time.  I think Ford has been very proactive in addressing these issues.  I also don't think that the number of issues is excessive given the highly technical design of the car and the fact that it is in the first year of production.  So far the pluses outweigh the drawbacks, at least for me.  Every owner has to make these kind of decisions for himself based upon his own experience.

"It took 10 months, but I traded in the Cmax for a Prius.  The NHTSA recall was the final straw.  I find it interesting that Ford told dealers not to sell it or even demo it (saw the letter) but yet they haven't officially told all of those who carry their families in them everyday.   And while I'm not saying it is a cover-up, I find it curious why the IIHS hasn't "tested" the Cmax yet but they did test the Fusion that came out AFTER the Cmax and they gave the Fusion a top safety pick.  Surely the Cmax wont' get that or else there wouldn't be a recall out there.  

So I wish you all well and hope that the recall thing works out.   The many many problems, the lack of 47/47/47, and the safety recall were all evidence that Ford isn't interested in my business, just interested in selling cars.   In fact I ran into an owner of a Cmax that was my same color and such and they were going through the battery nightmare.  Thankfully I never had that to deal with."

Overstating the case, rash behavior, "bring me my slippers", ................

Does not make sense to me - the Prius is so much less car than the C-Max; but probably for the best.

Best wishes MADCMAX and thanks for your contributions here, the flappy window gasket comes to mind.

"Every C-Max owner has to do what he feels is right for him. Although I've been a little disappointed in the numerous issues which have cropped-up with the C-Max, it was not enough to make me consider getting rid of it. For instance, my battery went dead twice within a week this past March. I made sure I was first in line at my dealership to get the TSB installed (130501) which supposedly addresses this, and I haven't had a dead battery since. I've been a little disappointed in the gas mileage (my current lifetime mpg is 38.4 according to the display), so I made sure to get the 13B07 upgrade installed as soon as it became available. I also got the 13C02 recall (headliner fix) done at the same time. I think Ford has been very proactive in addressing these issues. I also don't think that the number of issues is excessive given the highly technical design of the car and the fact that it is in the first year of production. So far the pluses outweigh the drawbacks, at least for me. Every owner has to make these kind of decisions for himself based upon his own experience."

Well stated, rational behavior, "how can I help you............

Great attitude BobJustBob !

My own rash & perhaps erroneous observations.

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

Lets not even bring in the recalls the Prii has had....good luck with the decision MadCMax, wish u the best :)

PS I would never, ever trade in the superior comfort, ride & handling of a CMax for the mere MPGs in a Prius and those dreaded seats and small wee gas tank, nor the space either when I travel to Mammoth. Forgetaboutit. No probs with the MPG either, second 800 miles a tank today  :headspin: 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

It took 10 months, but I traded in the Cmax for a Prius.  The NHTSA recall was the final straw.  I find it interesting that Ford told dealers not to sell it or even demo it (saw the letter) but yet they haven't officially told all of those who carry their families in them everyday.   And while I'm not saying it is a cover-up, I find it curious why the IIHS hasn't "tested" the Cmax yet but they did test the Fusion that came out AFTER the Cmax and they gave the Fusion a top safety pick.  Surely the Cmax wont' get that or else there wouldn't be a recall out there.  

So I wish you all well and hope that the recall thing works out.   The many many problems, the lack of 47/47/47, and the safety recall were all evidence that Ford isn't interested in my business, just interested in selling cars.   In fact I ran into an owner of a Cmax that was my same color and such and they were going through the battery nightmare.  Thankfully I never had that to deal with.  

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your C-Max. At least you're still driving a hybrid. I am a fan of hybrids and I hope that you are too and that you won't let your poor C-Max experience cause you to discourage others from buying hybrids, be they C-Maxes or Prii or any other alt fuel vehicle. Promoting alt fuel technology is in the best interests of everyone on Earth.

If we had experienced all the battery & MFT problems we might have a different attitude, but since we picked up Linda's C-Max on June 25, now have 1,200 miles on it &  ZERO, NADA, ZIP  problems. Perhaps Ford rushed the car to market in 2012 with a few "bugs" still to be worked out, but IMO they have done a good job of addressing these issues.  Love our quiet, quick, luxurious (yes I said luxurious)  C-Max.

Best of luck with your new Prius.  Life is too short to not move on when things don't sit right with you.  Don't disappear MadCMax!  Give us some comparisons down the road as it will be interesting since you can really lend credence to the pro's and cons.

I want to start off by saying I HOPE YOU REGRET GETTING RID OF YOUR C-MAX FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. SECOND, THE PRIUS HAS HAD IT'S FAIR SHARE OF RECALLS. THIRD, I WOULD TAKE A C-MAX OVER A PIECE OF TRASH PRIUS ANY DAY. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! IF YOU COULDN'T GET THE 47/47/47, THAT'S YOUR FAULT. PLENTY OF PEOPLE CAN. OH, AND TOYOTA FAILED TO NOTIFY OWNERS SOON ENOGH THAT WHEN THEY WANTED TO STOP THERE CARS THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO. 51 PEOPLE DIED AND COUNTLESS WERE INJURED. I CONTACTED THE IIHS AND ASKED WHY THE C-MAX HADN'T BEEN TESTED YET, AND THEY SAID " The C-Max is on our radar, but isn't high on our priority list because it is a very low volume vehicle. We are currently allocating most of our test time on updating our current rated vehicles with small overlap tests." SO, GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU GO SPOUTING SOME GARBAGE. I HAVE MET 2 OTHER C-MAX OWNERS IN PERSON, AND THEY LOVED THERE C-MAX. FORD DOES CARE, THE AMAZING CRAFTMINSHIP PUT INTO THE C-MAX PROVES THAT. YOU KNOW WHAT. IM HAPPY YOU TRADED IN YOUR C-MAX., YOU DON'T DESERVE A C-MAX. SO, JUST GO DRIVE YOUR DUMB PIECE OF GARBAGE PLASTIC.

Edited by Seth7721

I want to start off by saying I HOPE YOU REGRET GETTING RID OF YOUR C-MAX FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. SECOND, THE PRIUS HAS HAD IT'S FAIR SHARE OF RECALLS. THIRD, I WOULD TAKE A C-MAX OVER A PIECE OF TRASH PRIUS ANY DAY. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!!

I refuse to give Japan any more American Auto workers jobs.  These people do not realize who they are stabbing in the back. America and the hard working middle class men and woman.  But they are so bitter I doubt they even think of who they are really hurting by buying Toyota.  I'm leaving this now before my blood boils :rant2:

Edited by mtb9153

I refuse to give Japan any more American Auto workers jobs.  These people do not realize who they are stabbing in the back. America and the hard working middle class me and woman.  But they are so bitter I doubt they even think of who they are really hurting by buying Toyota.  I'm leaving this now before my blood boils :rant2:

You are so right. My head spins when I try to figure out why others can't understand this.

this thread will have to be watched carefully by the mods as it can get out of hand quickly. i agree with the fact that the Prius is a poor substitute for the cmax in every way. the cmaxes have had issues but they have been addressed and the folks here with issues is only a very small sample size of the total population of owners. it is very true that Toyota's quality levels have gone down a lot whereas American cars like Ford have increased lately. there will always be issues with anything that is manufactured by humans. even robotic assembly is not perfect. this car is a computer on wheels.Toyota has had 10+ yrs to perfect the Prius. give Ford a little time to do the same with the C-max.

WOW, a lot happens on here after I go to sleep! OK, let's dial it down a notch guys. This is a hot button issue, and a very personal one for a lot of folks. While we may not agree with MADCMAX's decision, it was his to make. I know how easy it is to write or say things in the heat of the moment, but let's keep the conversation civil. 

~~signed, Your Loving Libra Peacemaker Mod.  :judge:

IIRC Madcmax posted about his poor mileage and used his former vehicle as an example.  It was shown percentage wise that his former car also had the same results.  It would be interesting to see how his prius fares.  My ownership taught me it needed a very, very gentle pedal foot to hit its numbers.  

But one has to ask why MADCMAX started this thread. MADCMAX deserves to have his decision and "facts" questioned.

MADCMAX's post could be considered trolling (sowing discord by starting arguments or upsetting people) and he likely should be banned if it continues. I and my guess is most aren't going to miss him or anyone that decides to leave. Just go away quietly.

I would suggest a moderator warn and modify / delete posts that personally attack MADCMAX not close the thread.

But one has to ask why MADCMAX started this thread. MADCMAX deserves to have his decision and "facts" questioned.

MADCMAX's post could be considered trolling (sowing discord by starting arguments or upsetting people) [/size]and he likely should be banned if it continues. I and my guess is most aren't going to miss him or anyone that decides to leave.Just go away quietly.

I would suggest a moderator warn and modify / delete posts that personally attack MADCMAX not close the thread.

You are mostly correct. He put the post up here so people can comment. I was exercising my right of free speech. By taking my comment down that would be CENSORSHIP. I did not use any profane language in my post, I never do. He had to expect to strike some nerves when he starts that kind of topic on a C-MAX LOVING SITE. Edited by Seth7721

Best of luck with your new Prius.  Life is too short to not move on when things don't sit right with you.  Don't disappear MadCMax!  Give us some comparisons down the road as it will be interesting since you can really lend credence to the pro's and cons.

Awesome advice.

Adair maybe you could please close this thread?  Our forum has never had any ugliness before and it would be nice to keep it that way.  I am shocked and thought what was written was a joke at first.

We won't let this topic get out of hand or we'll close it.

If you're going to reply - just a warning - be civil.

Seth7721, the private owners of a site can do whatever they please with regard to posts.  They do not have to honor one's right of "free speech" under the first amendment. They can edit / remove any post they desire.  

AND I NEVER SAID YOU PERSONALLY ATTACKED ANYONE.  Please re-read what I said. The mods / owners need to make that assessment.  My comment was directed to closing the thread. Warn people, ban people before locking a thread because of negative / harsh comments.  People do need to understand that a forum is not Facebook (nor IMO should it be) where one selects their "friends" and thus all comments are "way to go", "good job", "I agree" and so forth. 

Seth7721, the private owners of a site can do whatever they please with regard to posts. They do not have to honor one's right of "free speech" under the first amendment. They can edit / remove any post they desire.

AND I NEVER SAID YOU PERSONALLY ATTACKED ANYONE. Please re-read what I said. The mods / owners need to make that assessment. My comment was directed to closing the thread. Warn people, ban people before locking a thread because of negative / harsh comments. People do need to understand that a forum is not Facebook (nor IMO should it be) where one selects their "friends" and thus all comments are "way to go", "good job", "I agree" and so forth.

I know they have the right to take a post down. What I was saying, is if they do take my comment down. THAT WOULD BE WRONG. I didn't use any profane language, nor do I ever. Edited by Seth7721

Gentlemen....hey its Sunday....lets go wash and clean our CMax, take the wife out for a Sunday stroll, enjoy the time with her...theres PLENTY to do instead of pondering on an Internet thread... :)

Good grief...jus thinking what if it was me that was the OP to this thread....all hell and cr*p would hit the fan, it will be a right mess.... :drop:

:dance: