Just took Delivery of my 2013 Ford C-MAX SE 0n 7/31 in Color Ice Storm!

Phil1336

After much delay and commitment to pre-ordering a MY 2014 C-MAX in Sept for Delivery in late Jan,2014 I decided with little to no changes anticipated but perhaps either a price increase and reduction of incentives, I pulled the trigger and bought a 2013 on July 31.   The $1000 matching Cash Rebate, a Private Cash Rebate Post Card of an additional $750 in savings and a .09% Finance rate for 36 months was too tempting.I had to drive 2 hours to a Dealership who happened to have not (1) but (2) identically equipped SE`s with the 202A Package in both my Color Selections.  Tough choice between the Ice Storm and the Ruby Red Metallic but since I have been driving my 2011 Fiesta SE Hatchback for the past 36 months in Candy Red Metallic, just a bit lighter then the Ruby Red, I pocket the $500 Paint upgrade savings an took the Ice Storm instead.  Perfect tranquil color for the Hot Tropics here in South FL.  Now, if I can only figure out how to disable/deactivate the SYNC and MFT and simply learn how to use the Radio Pre-Sets on the Touch Screen and move from Am-FM-to Sirius/XM Radio without having to stop at a Ford Dealership every other day for a Tutorial.  Not owning or desiring a "Smart Phone" I should have known what was awaiting me.  I`m sure there is an "App" for that too!

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed the clear Bumper Protector Applique with the C-MAX Hologram and it looks sharp as well as the Ford OEM Window Vent Shades in Dark Smoke Acrylic with the easy to stick on double sided 3M Tape.  Both are covered for damage and breakage for the 3 year/36 month Warranty, same as Vehicle.  Wish the Factory Tinted Glass was a few shades darker but my experience with Window Tint Film in the extreme Florida Heat and Sun (regardless) of Brand Used or Quality Product, eventually they all either become wavy and slightly distorted, delaminate or have slight color change.  Even with the Best 3M Tint Film with original owners Lifetime Warranty, I`m tired of the hassle of replacement.

• 10 months later...

Ford OEM Window Vent Shades in Dark Smoke Acrylic with the easy to stick on double sided 3M Tape.  

Sorry to revisit an old thread but I also live in Florida (although central so not nearly as hot as you :>) and never heard of such things before.  In looking at them it seems like a good idea but I wonder how they work in practice.  In our Durango I just accept the (slight) rain that comes through when I crack a window when driving but these seem kind of cool.  Have you found them working out for you?  (If so, I'll put them on our own Ice Storm Max that's coming in this week).