2014 Ford C-max Hybrid!!!

Seth7721

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2013/08/15/c-max-fuel-economy.html

This is the official ford media website link, to the first info available about the 2014 C-max hybrid!!!!

I will update this post when more info becomes available.

• 2014 Ford C-MAX Hybrid on sale later this year is upgraded with new transmission gearing and enhanced aerodynamics to further improve fuel efficiency performance
  • Ford voluntarily changing its approach to C-MAX Hybrid fuel economy labeling going forward to better match performance and improve customer satisfaction
  • Label changes will result in a lower 2013 C-MAX Hybrid miles-per-gallon label – though still class-leading and a better combined label than the Toyota Prius v; current C-MAX Hybrid owners will receive a goodwill payment for the difference
  • Customer demand for C-MAX Hybrid remains very strong, with two-thirds of buyers from imports; C-MAX Hybrid helps drive Ford to best quarterly hybrid U.S. sales ever

Underscoring its commitment to fuel economy leadership, Ford Motor Company today said it is upgrading the 2014 Ford C-MAX Hybrid, which will go on sale in December. The company also is changing the way it tests and labels the 2013 C-MAX Hybrid for fuel economy to better match performance and improve customer satisfaction.

The upgrades build on powertrain software updates Ford announced last month for the 2013 C-MAX Hybrid. The 2014 C-MAX also will benefit from several hardware changes, including:

• Gearing changes that result in a more efficient transmission drive ratio
  • New hood seal, front and rear tire deflectors, A-pillar moldings and the addition of rear lift gate deflectors to improve vehicle aerodynamics
  • New engine oil with reduced friction

The enhancements to the 2014 C-MAX Hybrid are expected to improve customers’ on-road fuel economy, especially at highway speeds.

Edited by Seth7721

"Because this voluntary step results in miles-per-gallon values different from the original C-MAX Hybrid label, Ford also is making a goodwill payment to current C-MAX Hybrid owners for the estimated average fuel cost of the difference between the two labels. Customers who purchased their vehicle will receive a check from Ford for $550. Customers who leased their vehicle will receive a check for $325."

wow.very surprised about this.i guess those lawsuit happy folks won even though they didn't know how to drive. it's nice to see Ford step up here. knowing the car is a lesser mpg car WILL make the new customers perception of getting good mpg better I'm sure though (it's a mental thing) without having to try so hard to achieve it even though we know lots get CAN easily get those high numbers without much work if their conditions are good.

so we have to wait till December to get our 2014 hmmm long wait but it seems it will be worth it. i wonder how different it will look. every a hood seal. does that keep the airflow from the laminar flow?

since they are making changes i wonder if they will have to change the 2014 order sheet or not  since these are not options the customer can order but mandatory design changes. with these new changes that means more chances for first run quality issues just like a first model year car..wasn't looking for that in our cmax once we got one for the wife unit. . :(

so what will everyone do with their early Christmas present check from Ford. do they just send them out or do you have to come for them?

Yes, and I think a lot of others just accept the sync bugs for now.  I would give sync a C- grade.

But then I guess these posts are me complaining to you folks not to Ford.

I guess I am one of the few that really had no complaints with my sync from the beginning (v3.1.3).  Most of the complaints I have read about sync, I either didn't have them (Nav issues) or didn't find them that big of a deal (slow response).  Or maybe I am one of the lucky few who's sync worked just perfect. :dance:

Edited by HannahWCU

I think that Sync leaves a lot to be desired.  Also, are the a-pillar molding the black moldings on the outside that make noise if you push on them?

Also just realized that Ford is probably planning on doing some slight body modifications.  This means that things like new headlamps, etc probably won't interchange.  That's a huge drag.

Edited by bigalpha

I guess I am one of the few that really had no complaints with my sync from the beginning (v3.1.3).  Most of the complaints I have read about sync, I either didn't have them (Nav issues) or didn't find them that big of a deal (slow response).  Or maybe I am one of the lucky few who's sync worked just perfect. :dance:

The Nav is not a sync issue, its a GPS module issue. You are proof 3.1.3 works fine with those GPS units which are fine. I started a thread on the 3.1.3 & Nav issue to see what was out there and there are some working ones. As I said, I believe there is a bad batch of GPS modules out there...as soon as they replaced mine, it worked. Others who did the same thing eg ArizonaEnergi, had the same result. 

How is the voice recognition working for you?

How is the voice recognition working for you?

I have to admit that I don't use it that often.  I find the steering wheel controls much faster to use than the voice controls for the majority of things I do with MFT.  I definitely don't use voice controls to input destinations into Nav.  I find it easier to use Mapquest and send the locations to my car though the Sync services or typing the locations in manually.  I will say that typing the locations in is MUCH easier with 3.6 than with 3.1 (i.e. almost no double taps to get the letter to register). 

Maybe I am just a glass half-full person.  Or since I had researched the CMAX extensively before buying it, my expectations were REALLY low to begin with.

Edited by HannahWCU

Does the Sync services work only with Mapquest?

As far as I know, yes. Google offered it for a while, then discontinued the service.  I actually created an account with Mapquest and keep all my favorites from my CMax on there.  Then, whenever there is an update and I loose all the favorites in sync, I just go to mapquest and send them back to the car (can only send one at a time, but it beats trying to type them in and save them all again).   :yahoo:

Edited by HannahWCU

As much as I love my C-MAX, and even with how advanced it is when contrasted with today's vehicles on the market, MFT is still quite weak. Instead,  I would be thrilled if that big screen were more like a dumb terminal that would connect and display from my smartphone. 

For example, navigation on the phone is superior to NAV, and it integrates with my contact manager, which I also synch to my PC at home.  Often, to navigate, I look up the address on my phone, and then I use voice command to dictate to NAV.  Can't we cut out the middle man, and just realize that today's drivers likely have smartphones that can do this better than NAV? 

In fact, every application on today's smartphones are superior to MFT.  So, Ford would be smart to put its money into integration systems, making smartphone integrate well with MFT, rather than trying to reinvent already existing services that are superior in almost every way.

No nav, but also no problems with my sync/MFT (except the clock resetting issue) pre upgrade. It understands my voice, I don't have to shout, and as long as I say the correct commands, it does what I want.

I'm impressed with how well the speaker works when on a phone call.  I have friends who, from their car, are unintelligible; people I call are surprised that my voice is so clear.

I do wish I had a Siri button, like other cars are offering.