2014 Ford C-max Hybrid!!!

Seth7721

First 14 Cmax dropped today. Won't be able to take it out for a drive till next week, don't know if I will be able to tell any difference. Anyway all of the wheel moldings are there, and the back hatch molding, like the Escape. Don't see an a-pillar molding and I see no change in the hood seal however they have made the oil cap smaller.

I have to check with my techs and what not but I see no reason these could not be added to the 13 model. Granted you may have to either drill some holes or replace a larger panel.

Don't got too carried away with the mods.  The cost of the parts will far out weigh any small dollar savings in increased mileage!  

Don't got too carried away with the mods.  The cost of the parts will far out weigh any small dollar savings in increased mileage!  

I guess some of us like to improve our CMAX's to see what is possible to do, so it's not all about the money, it's the challenge to improve too.  My personal goals is to come up improvements to get 70mpg City, 50mpg HWY and over 1,000mi on a tank. I believe these goals are doable. IMO :)

Paul

I don't see any difference in the hood seals, granted I haven't put them side-by-side, maybe I should try that one day when I'm not doing anything here at work but I see no difference.

I've looked through the parts catalogue here at work I have checked body>lift gate / hatch / rear glass. I see no reference to the rear glass molding. There's even detailed schematics and it's not there so, I don't know when it will be available. Has to be at some point soon because I'm sure someone's going to have to replace one sooner or later.

Edited by John Sparks

Any idea how much those rear window pieces might cost?

I bet others are interested in the hood seals too, so I might as well ask about those too.

But personally, it's the rear aero effects I like, partly because I guess they'll probably help, but mostly because I just plain like 'em. They look cool. :)

I checked on the rear window deflectors right after I saw them on a 2014 CMax in January.  The parts guy had no record of them on his parts list computer screen.  Probably part of the rear window assembly which means probably can't buy them without buying the whole glass?  But even under rear window assembly there was no mention of them.

Yeah. I just compared the the front seal and it is definitely longer. I don't think the rear seal has changed but I guess it wouldn't make much difference. I feel confident these mods can be applied to the 13 model. I would believe that the rear glass molding would be the easiest. I'm almost certain it's just stuck on. What I'm wondering is if the CVT can be reprogrammed to reach the better final drive ratio or if it's a physical change and the 13 isn't capable of it. I mean we are talking constant variable here so it could be possible.

Okay so I got to looking and on the Escape it appear to be part of the glass. If any of you want to look around for yourself, you can pull up Fords parts catalogue at: http://www.fordparts.com/Default.aspx

Edited by John Sparks

From what I found out at my local Ford Dealer, they have nothing on their computer for 2014 models that even shows the air deflectors.  The deflectors aren't shown as being part of the rear glass assembly.  The parts guy showed me on their computer screen of the rear glass assembly, the illustration showing the exploded assembly view of all the components in the rear glass and the deflectors are not shown.  It might have been that their database was still showing the illustrations and parts bill of material from the 2013 CMax?  As far as I could see the '14 interiors are exactly the same as '13

Maybe they are thinking of the Energi as a compliance car so they aren't worrying about it if there aren't any complaints. The Hybrid is supposed to challenge the Prius and they need to have their act together for that. The C-Max is a better car but the mileage is not in the same class and Prius reliability has set a very high mark.

Jus did u get your cmax back after the accident and fixed up?

what toys

been gone too long so send me the link t catch up on your "return to glory " story :)

Its been much cooler here and even with all the "toys" on Maxine, it's jus barely 56-58 MPG per day now, WAY DOWN than my 63MPG I was scoring in the summer. Amazing what lower temps can do to destroy MPG and hate to think what Maxine will be doing without her toys ;)

Jus, how did you do this weekend in So Cal when we had these crazy heavy rain storms? I heard the valley got hit even harder than near me in North OC

Its been really dry here in SoCal, we jus had some rain today but the temps have been pretty mild - and in some instance, feels like summer with mid 80s to low 90s. We hardly get any rain here anyway.

wont matter much since the Sync is being scrapped by Ford and will be replaced with a Blackberry port of QNX software, which iswhats in the Audi and other German cars.

It bothers me that Sync with MFT doesn't support Applink - something I only looked into and learned recently - so if that counts as a Sync complaint, then there it is.

But other than that, Sync has never bothered me. I love it. In fact, Sync is one of the reasons I bought this car over a Camry Hybrid. Well, Sync and considerably more storage, so not really a fair fight, but still. It's the nicest music/nav system I've ever used.

Im surprised Ford didnt swap out the wheels on the 2014 CMax to a more aero dynamic face to get better mpgs, like the wheels on the Jetta Hybrid. I was at my VW dealer to service my Passat and he said that is why they look like they do, to help with better laminar flow as the wheel holes/gaps mess up the drag a lot.

Im sure you have seen hypermiller cars where they put lexan clear covers over the wheels or cover them up completely. very ugly but it works. these are a good compromise of being a FLAT surface with only minimal openings. Im sure they are harder to clean in some ways though...

you can see a pix of them here:

http://tinyurl.com/k5knvpx

or here:

http://tinyurl.com/lbc4vev

Edited by salsaguy

Maybe they are thinking of the Energi as a compliance car so they aren't worrying about it if there aren't any complaints. The Hybrid is supposed to challenge the Prius and they need to have their act together for that. The C-Max is a better car but the mileage is not in the same class and Prius reliability has set a very high mark.

I think I've proved you actually can get Prius MPG's with some effort at it. :happy feet:  And the CMAX weighs in at 600lbs more too. :)

Paul