2014 Ford C-max Hybrid!!!

Seth7721

I love my keyless entry and push button start. Also have factory remote start. It's nice just grab the door handle and all of the doors unlock. Great when you have a car load and don't have to look for the unlock button on the armrest after you open the drivers door to let everyone else in. One swipe of your finger to lock all of the doors when you get out is nice to.  :thumbsup:

I love my keyless entry and push button start. Also have factory remote start. It's nice just grab the door handle and all of the doors unlock. Great when you have a car load and don't have to look for the unlock button on the armrest after you open the drivers door to let everyone else in. One swipe of your finger to lock all of the doors when you get out is nice to.  :thumbsup:

I have to agree with you.  One of the things I thought was more of a novelty was the power lift-gate and the kick sensor.  After owning the car for about a month I have to say that I use the PLG all the time.  I constantly have my hands full and it saves me each and every time. :)

The keyless entry combined with the auto headlamps are a great combination. I really enjoy not needing to push a button or

turn on a light switch when using my car. It's the best thing since sliced bread :love_shower:

The rear hatch button is slick too!  My Prius C had two buttons. One to unlock/open the hatch and one to lock it.

The C-Max will only unlock when the FOB is near the hatch. No need to lock it after you close it.  Just close

it and walk away :rockon:

Edited by drdiesel1

I have to agree with you.  One of the things I thought was more of a novelty was the power lift-gate and the kick sensor.  After owning the car for about a month I have to say that I use the PLG all the time.  I constantly have my hands full and it saves me each and every time. :)

One of the best feature of the Ford brand....it took Ford about 8 months to get it right though. We, at least I, rememger the thread here on whether it was one or 2 nin-jitsu style kicks on open it..or maybe it was a round house kick....or some mystical magic "whispering" or incantation we had to say before we approached that lift gate..... :lol2:

The keyless entry combined with the auto headlamps are a great combination. I really enjoy not needing to push a button or

turn on a light switch when using my car. It's the best thing since sliced bread :love_shower:

The rear hatch button is slick too!  My Prius C had two buttons. One to unlock/open the hatch and one to lock it.

The C-Max will only unlock when the FOB is near the hatch. No need to lock it after you close it.  Just close

it and walk away :rockon:

One of the best feature of the Ford brand....it took Ford about 8 months to get it right though. We, at least I, rememger the thread here on whether it was one or 2 nin-jitsu style kicks on open it..or maybe it was a round house kick....or some mystical magic "whispering" or incantation we had to say before we approached that lift gate..... :lol2:

Reading this reminds me of another feature I gave up on.

I wonder if the fix for the lift gate kick fixed the touch the black button on the door handle to lock feature?

I gave up on it before I gave up on the lift gate.

The lift gate works most of the time NOW. I'll try the black button the next time I think about it.

Reading this reminds me of another feature I gave up on.

I wonder if the fix for the lift gate kick fixed the touch the black button on the door handle to lock feature?

I gave up on it before I gave up on the lift gate.

The lift gate works most of the time NOW. I'll try the black button the next time I think about it.

It works, swipe your finger across it with the key in your pocket and wallah. use it all the time....not many people know about this...well, at least I didn't until the Ford Motor Company Irvine Pow-Wow in Feb this year. Also, to unlock, swipe the finger behind the door handle to unlock it...I prefer that over the 2 pulls to unlock.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Update:

HOWBOUT THAT

It works, before the lift gate upgrade the doors would lock maybe 1 out of 20 tries.

I just locked the doors with the black button 3 times, that's a total of 5 since new  :) .

FYI: DW had/has almost NO trouble locking/kicking :drop:

Another thing I think should be fixed in a new model is lower the door window sill.  My elbow has to go way up too high to rest it on the sill with the window rolled clear down.  Anybody else notice this?  Admittedly I have the seat as low as it will go; I'm a bit tall and need the head room.

Update:

HOWBOUT THAT

It works, before the lift gate upgrade the doors would lock maybe 1 out of 20 tries.

I just locked the doors with the black button 3 times, that's a total of 5 since new  :) .

FYI: DW had/has almost NO trouble locking/kicking :drop:

Our keyless entry has worked from day one back in January.  Took a little practice, but works flawlessly once you get the hang of it.  Touch button (do not grab handle) - lock, pause; slip hand behind handle - viola, unlock.  Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

Our keyless entry has worked from day one back in January.  Took a little practice, but works flawlessly once you get the hang of it.  Touch button (do not grab handle) - lock, pause; slip hand behind handle - viola, unlock.  Nick

YEP works/worked for DW.

Almost NEVER for me.

I tried the single touch and the single kick...NOPE

I tried the side swipe and side kick... NOPE

I tried the double touch and double kick...NOPE

We traded key fobs...NOPE

etc

etc

NOPE

We used to joke that is was my XX hands and size 13 feet.

After the lift gate update the hatch works 9 out of 10 times and now I've retried the lock and :happy feet:  it's working 9 out of 10...

GOOD JOB Ford, thanks.

Edited by wab

• 2 months later...

Things are happening faster than we thought. As of December 15th, some dealerships already have one or two 2014MY C-Max's in stock. One dealership I looked at had five 2014 Energi's, all built on Dec 4th.

Did you actually see these on the lot? The reason I ask is that before I bought mine I did some online checks of C-Max availability using the Ford web site. From the information I received, that shows orders as well as deliveries without differentiation. So while you may think a dealer has the car, they may not have taken delivery yet.

Actually, they do differentiate between what's at the dealership and what's "Dealer Ordered". I was careful not to include vehicles listed as "ordered".

I chose dealers at random. Some in Washington State, some in Texas, some in Michigan. All were in major cities. About one in four showed to have at least one 2014 C-Max in stock. All were the Energi models.

Admittedly.. I am relying on inventory.ford.com for info. But in the past I have always found this to be an accurate source as to what has been delivered to a dealership.

Edited by maxed-out

Things are happening faster than we thought. As of December 15th, some dealerships already have one or two 2014MY C-Max's in stock. One dealership I looked at had five 2014 Energi's, all built on Dec 4th.

I am looking forward to a picture to see the aero mods they made and the mpg numbers.

Sounds like it should be any day now.

I am looking forward to a picture to see the aero mods they made and the mpg numbers.

Sounds like it should be any day now.

I doubt there will be a big change with regards to the mpg numbers.  Without changing the sheet metal of the C-Max, there is only so much Ford can tweak.  The biggest factor for an increase if any will probably be the transmission revisions that was mentioned in previous news releases.

I hope/pray this is NOT true. Ugly if it is. And why can't they get rid of that fishing pole antenna and replace it with a modern shark style or POD style hump line ALL cars with GPS these days???!!!

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/spyshots-2014-ford-c-max-getting-aston-martin-facelift-57529.html

Edited by salsaguy