Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
* * - - - 2 votes

2014 Ford C-max Hybrid!!!

2014 Ford C-max Hybrid!!!

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#241 OFFLINE   Cmax lover

Cmax lover

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 36 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIL
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-max SE

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:51 PM

Thanks, Kelleytoons for your reply.  I received my car back from the dealership for the 3rd time yesterday. .  66 days out of service and 3 dead batteries.  Each time they say it's fixed!  I try to stay positive and think it is, but I don't feel like I can take it out of town, much less out of state because I don't trust it.  Time will tell.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#242 OFFLINE   scottwood2

scottwood2

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 577 posts
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max SE, 202A, Winter Package

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

Maybe a very minor data point here. 2014 built in February, bought in September. 1k miles so far with no problems. I did find the cover off the connection point under the hood for jump starting the car. The car did sit on the lot for quite a while so maybe that was why? Maybe an update fixed it or maybe the plant just forgot to put the cap on. Who knows. Just keeping my fingers crossed. I love the car so far.
  • Jus-A-CMax likes this

#243 OFFLINE   CarpeNivem

CarpeNivem

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SE

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

I've had no "major" issues with my CMax, and it has over 20k miles on it. The worst/only thing to go wrong was navigation accuracy (the screen would indicate that I was ~1000 feet to the South of where I actually was, and plot routes accordingly), but one trip to a dealership had that resolved in about an hour. All in all, I'm very happy with this car. It's probably the nicest car I've ever owned, and I've owned several.

To be clear, I say probably because I used to own a Solara convertible, and any car with a roof that comes off is always going to be remembered fondly. ;)

• Jus-A-CMax likes this

#244 OFFLINE   RobMax

RobMax

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 159 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Sterling Gray Metallic C-Max Hybrid SE

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

Thanks, Kelleytoons for your reply.  I received my car back from the dealership for the 3rd time yesterday. .  66 days out of service and 3 dead batteries.  Each time they say it's fixed!  I try to stay positive and think it is, but I don't feel like I can take it out of town, much less out of state because I don't trust it.  Time will tell.

If your #s are true, your dealership sounds incompetent, to say the least. Have they updated all the modules on the vehicle? Even if they have, have them reflash them all again.

Have they properly tested the battery, or replaced the battery, or just recharged it? Have they taken all TSBs into account on potential causes (water pump, wiring, etc)? Please let us know what else has been done, and what finally resolves it. Or if you end up lemon-lawing it. LOL

#245 OFFLINE   Cmax lover

Cmax lover

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 36 posts
  • LocationIL
  • Current Vehicle:C-max SE

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

If your #s are true, your dealership sounds incompetent, to say the least. Have they updated all the modules on the vehicle? Even if they have, have them reflash them all again.

Have they properly tested the battery, or replaced the battery, or just recharged it? Have they taken all TSBs into account on potential causes (water pump, wiring, etc)? Please let us know what else has been done, and what finally resolves it. Or if you end up lemon-lawing it. LOL

The dealer gave me a list of all tsb's done to my car.  It was extensive.  I also wrote a note regarding checking the water pump, wiring, etc).  One of the tsb's included that.  I check " her" in the garage every once in a while to see if she's still "alive".  The service dept. at my dealer is very good and I trust them.  BUT, they've said they don't know if what they've done is a true fix or not.  My ford rep said Ford gives no guarantees.  Interesting.

#246 OFFLINE   RobMax

RobMax

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Sterling Gray Metallic C-Max Hybrid SE

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

The dealer gave me a list of all tsb's done to my car.  It was extensive.  I also wrote a note regarding checking the water pump, wiring, etc).  One of the tsb's included that.  I check " her" in the garage every once in a while to see if she's still "alive".  The service dept. at my dealer is very good and I trust them.  BUT, they've said they don't know if what they've done is a true fix or not.  My ford rep said Ford gives no guarantees.  Interesting.

I would lemon law that car asap then. Maybe the line was drunk that day and put everything in backward. There's no way I'd stand for 66 days worth of downtime on a vehicle. Get another one or something else entirely and don't look back.

#247 OFFLINE   salsaguy

salsaguy

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,371 posts
  • LocationWhittier, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2012 VW Passat 2.5L SEL Premium

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

I'm sure there's are legal and licencing reasons for this. also since there are about 20 different main types of smart phones and companies of varying ages and all work differently with different apps it would be a nightmare to try and code something that works with EVERYTHING.
And while most do own smartphones, not everyone wants one and in your scenario those who buy a car won't get the benefits of a new car without nav unless the had a smartphone and would be pretty pissed off that a $30k+ car lacked a basic feature on all new cars.

It's a touchy subject but yes the car systems will always be outdated and it makes sense since cars take 5-7 years to develop and get to manufacturing so the tech in your current car brand new off the lot was already outdated 1-2 years ago as that was when they probably finalized all the designed and froze the supplier list for all the parts being used. Even the Garmin $129 GPS is better at nav than Ford. It just doesn't have all the other things like HD Radio or other stuff.

For example, navigation on the phone is superior to NAV, and it integrates with my contact manager, which I also synch to my PC at home.  Often, to navigate, I look up the address on my phone, and then I use voice command to dictate to NAV.  Can't we cut out the middle man, and just realize that today's drivers likely have smartphones that can do this better than NAV? 

In fact, every application on today's smartphones are superior to MFT.  So, Ford would be smart to put its money into integration systems, making smartphone integrate well with MFT, rather than trying to reinvent already existing services that are superior in almost every way.

#248 OFFLINE   salsaguy

salsaguy

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,371 posts
  • LocationWhittier, CA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

Jus
We will let you play with ours when we get ours.
;)

I'll keep mine as well...but I would :flirt:  to play with the MY14. Oh yeah.

#249 OFFLINE   salsaguy

salsaguy

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,371 posts
  • LocationWhittier, CA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

Agreed
Companies don't spend much R&D money on an old antiquated feature (keys) that won't get them to get kudos/higher feedback or satisfaction scores back from their costumers since most want keyless nowadays.

It's an easy fix.  Do away with the key, like the SEL package has.  Just push a button and you're done :love_shower:

#250 OFFLINE   margcarp

margcarp

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 CMAX Hybrid

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:06 AM

I have a 2014 CMAX hybrid.. I went to start my car this morning and the battery is dead. What can I do to start the car?

#251 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,982 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

I have a 2014 CMAX hybrid.. I went to start my car this morning and the battery is dead. What can I do to start the car?

Welcome.  You can call Ford Roadside Assistance and they will send someone out at no cost as your 2014 should be under warranty or you should be able to jump start the car with a set of battery jumper cables .  There's a positive post and negative post under the hood on the driver's side to attach the cables as the 12 V battery is in the hatch area under the floor in the rear and not readily accessible.  IMO, if you have the time, I'd get roadside assistance out to document the problem and then take the car to the dealer so they can run their diagnostic tests.

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer, 07 October 2014 - 08:11 AM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·