2014 Ford C-max Hybrid!!!

Seth7721

• 4 weeks later...

CARMAX offers the fairest trade value in my experience. I'd recommend anyone gets a quote from them before going to a dealership

CARMAX usually gives you KKB, Kelly Blue Book Trade In Values for clean low milage Vehicles.  Forget about getting paid the so called "Excellent" Condition Trade-In Price.  It`s not going to happen.  If the Car was garaged and never driven, they will only pay "Average" or perhaps "Above Average" valuation.  Nothing ever qualified for (excellent).  Still, they are more generous for a legitimate Used Car then anyplace else.  All other Dealerships use the "Black Book" by Hearst Publications for valuations and they are historically (lower).  On a Trade-In for a New vehicle, don`t forget the Sales Tax reduction for trading your vehicle in.  Depending on the Sales Tax% where you live, it might be a (wash) and save you the hassle of "2" transactions.

I`ve noticed that Enterprise Car Rental has had a few used Ford C-MAX`s for sale from their Fleet in the past few month.  Most were located in the Mid-West.  No bargain prices either considering that despite their low milage, they were used Vehicles.  For the several thousand in savings, you could achieve that with X-Plan Pricing and using the $1750 Cash Incentives and the .09% 36 month Finance rate from Ford Credit.  I`d go Brand New for that slim a difference!

• 2 weeks later...

Two things:

I hope they make the little button on the shift stick, "Overdrive Cancel and Grade Assist", a tactile click switch so you can tell where it is by feeling it and tell that you really changed it.  The way it is now it barelly gives any feeling when one presses on it and the only indicator is the little picture in the instrument cluster.  The little picture is easily obscured by components on the steering wheel and bright light reflections.  I've found myself driving around with it on when I thought I had turned it off.  What is the consequence of driving around with it on?

Secondly, getting the key to find the ignition slot usually can be unneccesarily awkward.  The slot is usually not visible without leaning over to see around the steering wheel and no guidance is offered, like a trough of some sort to get the key headed toward the slot.  Until a smart key is standard on everything this should be fixed.

Two things:

I hope they make the little button on the shift stick, "Overdrive Cancel and Grade Assist", a tactile click switch so you can tell where it is by feeling it and tell that you really changed it.  The way it is now it barelly gives any feeling when one presses on it and the only indicator is the little picture in the instrument cluster.  The little picture is easily obscured by components on the steering wheel and bright light reflections.  I've found myself driving around with it on when I thought I had turned it off.  What is the consequence of driving around with it on?

Secondly, getting the key to find the ignition slot usually can be unneccesarily awkward.  The slot is usually not visible without leaning over to see around the steering wheel and no guidance is offered, like a trough of some sort to get the key headed toward the slot.  Until a smart key is standard on everything this should be fixed.

It's an easy fix.  Do away with the key, like the SEL package has.  Just push a button and you're done :love_shower:

Say drdiesel, can we get that what I've called smart key with the push button start added on as an aftermarket thing?  I'm OK with most everything on my low line SE and that key slot thing is not going to be an aftermarket fix but it doesn't have to stay that way in future models that use the old style key to start.

Say drdiesel, can we get that what I've called smart key with the push button start added on as an aftermarket thing?  I'm OK with most everything on my low line SE and that key slot thing is not going to be an aftermarket fix but it doesn't have to stay that way in future models that use the old style key to start.

It's available in the SEL trim, but you would probably pay a lot to add it.  You would probably need to buy all the components, have them installed and get the system initialized and programed.  I would say it's gonna be a very expensive add-on.  I don't even know if the dealer would consider doing the programming ? I have dealer level service with my IDS. I can re-configure the vehicles build data, but I don't know if any dealers would do it.  It's a lot of work and only Ford's IDS is capable of doing it. Not many Indy shops have the tools or the knowledge to do  this type of work. I've been doing stuff like this for the last 20 years. It can be done. It's just not gonna be cheap.

Edited by drdiesel1