2014 Ford C-max Hybrid!!!

Seth7721

I hope/pray this is NOT true. Ugly if it is. And why can't they get rid of that fishing pole antenna and replace it with a modern shark style or POD style hump line ALL cars with GPS these days???!!!

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/spyshots-2014-ford-c-max-getting-aston-martin-facelift-57529.html

I think thats for the euro version of CMax. If you look at the FB CMax page, someone posted a pic of their new car with the AM grill.

I LIKE IT though ;)

Just saw a 2014 C-Max Hybrid prototype that was marked "PP" testing on the road on my way home from work.  It looks like it has new aero feature on the rear windshield similar to the Escape.  I wonder if those could be easily added to the 2013 C-Max.

ford-escape-rear.jpg

Also saw that it had an aero feature ahead of the front and rear tires.  Didn't see anything drastic on the car that would radically improve the aerodynamics of the C-Max.  So I don't think there will be any big gains in mileage for the 2014 C-Max from aerodynamic changes.  If there is any improvements, it'll probably be from the transmission upgrades

is the blue vehicle posted above the one you saw? Weather looks pretty good for January in Mich! Dual exhaust? Roof rails? Front fender air extractor? Focus wheels???

No, I wish the weather was like that right now but we've been in the negatives for the past 3 days.  I just pulled that picture from the internet to show the part that has been added to the 2014 C-Max rear windshield compared to the 2013 C-Max.

The vehicle pictured is indeed an Escape.

Rapier.. are you certain the vehicle you saw being tested was a C-Max?

Yes, I am sure it was a C-Max.  It was an ice storm color driving between two prototype Transit vehicles.

Is the piece we're talking about the black plastic piece running vertically along the right side of the Escape's rear window?

Yes, that black plastic piece is not present on the current C-Max (it's not on mine) but that prototype had this aero piece on the rear windshield and two pieces ahead of the front and rear wheels.

Edited by RaPieR

Ok everyone I actually saw a 2014 SEL at my dealership where I bought Maxus.  After closely looking it over externally since it was locked and there was no way to get inside.  The only changes I found was some added aerodynamic winglets added to the rear glass on either side as shown below.  Some sort of attempt by Ford to clean-up the air

E9F80003-6483-450D-9432-06DAD2B1A398_zps14182F18-8673-4836-821C-000B217AFDE7_zps855D13B9-DDE6-4BBE-9F41-1DF09772CE3B_zps920BEC72-6FDB-41BB-8C17-BDF5CD7F8D16_zps00527E63-6C93-44C2-ADD8-A8B1B67B1DB6_zps

traveling over the glass and off the rear end.  From the looks of it, they seems to be added right to the rear glass, probably by using some industrial strength double back tape.

I went into the parts department to inquire about them, thought I'd order me a pair.  But it appears that they have no info about them, and they don't even show up on their parts software.  I told the parts guy not even as part of the rear glass assembly, thinking they probably would only sell it as part of a replacement glass kit?  Nothing came up.  So I told them I'd check back in a few months when hopefully there would be more info.

As for the other changes outlined at the start of this tread about front and rear tire deflectors, this car had nothing added on all four corners.  I'll go back later when my salesman will be there and get him to open the car and let me take a peek under the hood.  Stay tuned...

Edited by mtb9153

BTW to anyone wanting a 2013 or a 2014 and you are close to the bay area.  Frontier Ford still has 23 in their inventory, with one being this 2014.  Full range of models, both Hybrid and Energi's.  There are two black, Ingot silver metallic.  Also some Ice Storm models.  Most show on the window sticker priced starting at $33k

BTW to anyone wanting a 2013 or a 2014 and you are close to the bay area.  Frontier Ford still has 23 in their inventory, with one being this 2014.  Full range of models, both Hybrid and Energi's.  There are two black, Ingot silver metallic.  Also some Ice Storm models.  Most show on the window sticker priced starting at $33k

Brother Mike, snap some pics of the 2014 with the new add-ons...all these camera phones and NO one can post up a photo!?!?!  ;)

Brother Mike, snap some pics of the 2014 with the new add-ons...all these camera phones and NO one can post up a photo!?!?!  ;)

Brother Jus, I took several pics of the rear glass which I posted with my previous thread.  I'm planning on going back by the the dealer and get my salesman to open the car for me so I can open the hood to look for the improve front seal.  Also underneath to inspect for air deflectors at each wheel.

Brother Mike -

Thanks for posting the photos.

no problemo, planning to go back maybe after work this afternoon to see if my salesman friend who sold me the car will let me inside to look under the hood for the seal improvements.  Also check for changes underneath for tire deflectors as outlined in earlier post regarding the changes

Brother Jus, I took several pics of the rear glass which I posted with my previous thread.  I'm planning on going back by the the dealer and get my salesman to open the car for me so I can open the hood to look for the improve front seal.  Also underneath to inspect for air deflectors at each wheel.

ok,i'll go look for it....thanks Brother Mike  :rockon:

...  I'm planning on going back by the the dealer and get my salesman to open the car for me so I can open the hood to look for the improve front seal.  Also underneath to inspect for air deflectors at each wheel.

When you go back write down the VIN so we can enter it into etis and see if the axle ratio has changed. 

It looks like the aero add ons to the glass can likely be made by a vendor (GAS PODS) if Ford won't sell them.

Well my point is, I don't think the Energi is getting all the improvements slated for the Hybrid. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe Ford's list of aerodynamic improvements were only for the CMax Hybrid. Not the Energi. The Energi didn't have any FE issues, only the Hybrid did. To me this is why the Energi is the only one being produced. It didn't change much from 2013 to 2014. I'm sure someone will correct me on this.