LOVE MY NEW C-MAX HERE IN OREGON!

FranOR

I LOVE MY NEW C-MAX!  I have owned nothing but Toyotas for the past 30 years. I even bought Toyotas for my kids and for my mother.  But my husband and I are now thrilled that I bought a FORD C-MAX in March 2013.   I am a retired engineer and do exhaustive analysis before purchases - my husband is also a engineer and scrutinizing as well.   When I needed a new car, I wanted to be environmentally responsible as well as a better supporter of American manufacturing.  I started some research in November before the C-MAX really was on the market.  I looked at hybrids of all kinds.  My highest priorities were mpg - had to be greater than 35 and had to have enough horsepower to get up my 14-degree grade on the mountain road where I live here in Portland, Oregon.  I finally test drove a PRIUS V and found the driver area so confining that I kept bumping my elbow and that there was not enough horsepower for me to get up my hill each day, especially in winter.  Then I test drove the C-MAX and it was no contest!  As far as electronics, both cars have lots of wonderful features - I can post later about the specific ones that make the C-MAX such a wonderful experience to drive (and such a wonderfully comfortable experience for the passenger - tall men who get it my car are thrilled by the headroom).  I have driven the car for about 2500 miles and I even have enough confidence in its power that I had U-HAUL install a class-2 hitch for my small trailer - the C-MAX hauls this without the slightest hesitation.  The only thing that I have to adapt to is the fact that the C-MAX turning radius is not as good as my Toyotas.  My last car was a Toyota Sienna, a hefty minivan.  Its funny, when I go to Costco and load up, my C-MAX seems to hold a huge load - I don't miss my Sienna size at al! And lots of people stop me to admire my car - I have an Ice Storm exterior with black leather interior - model SEL.  Most people say that they didn't know that this car existed.  Anyway, just thought that I'd share my complete satisfaction with others who can appreciate. I  keep mentionig Toyota in this post on because it was the closest competition - but as I've stated, I am happy with my choice of the FORD C-MAX and each time I drive this car is a real pleasure.  I am attaching a picture of my car for the aesthetics and also a picture of the hitch because there has been lots of discussion about that - it does work!  Hope this helps someone.

post-707-0-23854000-1376811575_thumb.jpgpost-707-0-78628300-1376811501_thumb.jpg

Wonderful story FranOr, thanks for posting.  There is so much to like in the C-Max, a very exciting time in automotive engineering at Ford & all around the industry to be fair.  Never thought in my wildest dreams that I would own a Ford, coming from Volvo, BMW & VW's.  Swept away with the C-Max.  So far so, so, so good! 

Welcome neighbor & congratz!

Nick

I LOVE MY NEW C-MAX!  I have owned nothing but Toyotas for the past 30 years. I even bought Toyotas for my kids and for my mother.  But my husband and I are now thrilled that I bought a FORD C-MAX in March 2013.   I am a retired engineer and do exhaustive analysis before purchases - my husband is also a engineer and scrutinizing as well.   When I needed a new car, I wanted to be environmentally responsible as well as a better supporter of American manufacturing.  I started some research in November before the C-MAX really was on the market.  I looked at hybrids of all kinds.  My highest priorities were mpg - had to be greater than 35 and had to have enough horsepower to get up my 14-degree grade on the mountain road where I live here in Portland, Oregon.  I finally test drove a PRIUS V and found the driver area so confining that I kept bumping my elbow and that there was not enough horsepower for me to get up my hill each day, especially in winter.  Then I test drove the C-MAX and it was no contest!  As far as electronics, both cars have lots of wonderful features - I can post later about the specific ones that make the C-MAX such a wonderful experience to drive (and such a wonderfully comfortable experience for the passenger - tall men who get it my car are thrilled by the headroom).  I have driven the car for about 2500 miles and I even have enough confidence in its power that I had U-HAUL install a class-2 hitch for my small trailer - the C-MAX hauls this without the slightest hesitation.  The only thing that I have to adapt to is the fact that the C-MAX turning radius is not as good as my Toyotas.  My last car was a Toyota Sienna, a hefty minivan.  Its funny, when I go to Costco and load up, my C-MAX seems to hold a huge load - I don't miss my Sienna size at al! And lots of people stop me to admire my car - I have an Ice Storm exterior with black leather interior - model SEL.  Most people say that they didn't know that this car existed.  Anyway, just thought that I'd share my complete satisfaction with others who can appreciate. I  keep mentionig Toyota in this post on because it was the closest competition - but as I've stated, I am happy with my choice of the FORD C-MAX and each time I drive this car is a real pleasure.  I am attaching a picture of my car for the aesthetics and also a picture of the hitch because there has been lots of discussion about that - it does work!  Hope this helps someone.

attachicon.gifIMG_1091.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1274.JPG

First off, welcome to the forum & the wonderful world of C-Max ownership.

Secondly, as an engineer what thing(s) would you like see added to the C-Max?

Welcome Fran.  I like that you posted a picture of you and of your trailer hitch.  You look like a Fran--nice, friendly, wholesome, good looking in that All American way LOL.  (I'm famous for outlandish first impression pronouncements).  I would love to see a picture of your trailer if you have one available to post.  One thing I miss about not having my old Chevy pickup truck is that I can't really load up lots of crap to take to the dump.  Lots would fit in I'm sure, but I don't really want dump stuff in my C-Max.  Maybe one day you will bump into Valkraider who lives in Portland and has gotten a broken heart over his C-Max Energi.

Welcome Fran. I have an ice storm cmax also and totally love it. We tinted our rear windows and applied paint protection film to the front last week. Have not seen another cmax in our area yet but have passed one on the road. Sitting at the ferry terminal today we had a couple people wander by and compliment us on our vehicle. We are always willing to share info about our max with others as we love it. Everyone who gets in it also exclaims about the head room and ample space for what seems to be a small car.

Cheers,

Bruce

• 4 months later...