What's in your C-Max today?

OK, let us see what fits.  :camera:

How about 16,000 cans of softdrink, 12,000 nappies, a phone booth, a small forklift, an elevator from IKEA (in boxes, of course), whatever - don't break anything or 'wish I hadn't done that'.

Just a full sized wheel barrow here, went in very nicely with about 3/4 of an inch to spare up top when the wheel passed in. I was quite pleased.  BTW, the WeatherTech box worked very well as a 'sled' in this case, especially with the nice flat surface from front to back.

DSC 4236

DSC 4239

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Good guess Laurel.  I had the joy of moving about 15 yards of materials on a job a couple weeks ago - only lost 1/4" in height. :gaah:

Now that is a load & a half of fun there Doug, sure you had a great time - really intrigued by the back configuration.  Have not seen one of these hitch racks in person (is that what they are called?).  Looks like a great solution for the 'extras'.  :rating:

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Yeah, I guess I did; the "kitchen sink" would fit by the dozen...

I'm coming from 35 years of Volvo wagons, and as mini-van owners know, height matters. It's little comfort (literally) to have a car you can sleep in, if you can't sit up. Try getting dressed laying down! Maybe when I was younger (like 12...). The cargo area may only be 5'5, but you can move the seats up and get lots more length. I actually moved the passenger seat back and reclined it a bit in the photo, so the rail was in it's most stable position. Must have worked; wife's been riding the lift for a week now.

Have fun,

Frank

Edited by fbov

Nice mnr, a whole herd of rabbits & "cavies" (not heard that one).  Hope you find a pic to add.

har, your tree sounds a lot prettier than my wheel barrows & saw horses!  I can't quite picture it.

Teased these two saw horses in on Monday - awkward shapes.

DSC 4304

Tossed this shot in for fun, first ferry ride with Grouper.  He tried to flop into the water a couple times, but I kept him on a tight leash.
Thought about titling the shot "We(s)t Turn"  or "Widing on Wata"

DSC 4306

Nick
Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Nick what is in Kingston?  I tried googling a bit to find out, but didn't come up with much.  We are always looking for funky day trips or even over night ones. Our townhouse neighbours just left for a week at Fidalgo Bay.  I hadn't even heard of it, but they take their big city bus sized RV down there each year at this time to meet friends.  I was surprised to see it looks very pretty and is only an hour and a half from our place.

Nick what is in Kingston?  I tried googling a bit to find out, but didn't come up with much.  We are always looking for funky day trips or even over night ones. Our townhouse neighbours just left for a week at Fidalgo Bay.  I hadn't even heard of it, but they take their big city bus sized RV down there each year at this time to meet friends.  I was surprised to see it looks very pretty and is only an hour and a half from our place.

Laurel,  Kingston is a nice place, but mostly a pass through town on the Ferry system.  All of Kitsap Penninsula and the islands north thereof are wonderful.  BTW, we took the day off today and traveled a favorite route of ours up Whidbey Island, and I would strongly recommend it.  We stopped in Langley (a beautiful quaint, hip, artsy town), Coupeville and La Conner.  All nice stops with a wide assortment of shops ...........  The nature highlight is Deception Pass, which is two old bridges high over the rushing waters below due to treacherous tidal currents.  We love the Anacortes / Fidalgo Island area as well, but just buzzed by today on our route.  By all means visit Fidalgo Island, Whidbey island, Deception Pass and Langley.

Nice mnr, a whole herd of rabbits & "cavies" (not heard that one).  Hope you find a pic to add.

har, your tree sounds a lot prettier than my wheel barrows & saw horses!  I can't quite picture it.

Teased these two saw horses in on Monday - awkward shapes.

Tossed this shot in for fun, first ferry ride with Grouper.  He tried to flop into the water a couple times, but I kept him on a tight leash.

Thought about titling the shot "We(s)t Turn"  or "Widing on Wata"

Nick

Cavies is the terminology used by the American Rabbit Breeders Association for Guinea Pigs. A better explanation as to why the term cavies is used can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_pig

• 1 month later...

We bought a new washing machine, didn't want to pay for delivery and install so told
them I would haul.  Was driving C-max at the time but I also have a long bed truck if
it wouldn't fit.  Folded the rear seats down then opened up the back of the C-max
and slid the carton right in and closed the hatchback.  There was no extra room, perfect fit.
Didn't get a picture at the time but I still have the empty carton so snapped a couple pics.

post-925-0-41801600-1381003929_thumb.jpg

post-925-0-69690900-1381003949_thumb.jpg

Fantastic Homestead, who would even think to try?  Now we will !  Perfect fit is right.  Gets to those magic numbers of width height & length - subject to wiggling in awkward shapes & diagonal pieces.................. Thanks.

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

We bought a new washing machine, didn't want to pay for delivery and install so told

them I would haul.  Was driving C-max at the time but I also have a long bed truck if

it wouldn't fit.  Folded the rear seats down then opened up the back of the C-max

and slid the carton right in and closed the hatchback.  There was no extra room, perfect fit.

Didn't get a picture at the time but I still have the empty carton so snapped a couple pics.

Nice!!! Great thread!

When you bought your CMax, bet you never thought you would a washing machine in the back....did you now?

;)

• 4 weeks later...

What's in my C-Max today?  Right now, a fan and a lot of febreeze.  

It was beautiful this morning - cool and sunny.  I went outside to make the trek out to the chicken coop and stopped to feed the cats on the back porch......and there was one missing.  At least there was one missing until I noticed her sleeping on the dashboard - inside my locked car.

It seems that when I got home last night and unloaded all my stuff from the back to carry in, one of the cats decided to investigate the inside of the stealth-mobile that sneaks up on her when she's napping in my parking space.  When I returned for the last load of stuff, she had apparently already leaped over the seats and was investigating where I couldn't see her. 

That new car smell has been replaced with that litterbox smell.  Ewwwwwwww.  Fortunately, she feels about my work the same way I do - and she crapped on the backpack full of work stuff rather that on the carpet or the leather.  I still shampooed the carpet and cleaned everything.

• 2 months later...