What's in your C-Max today?

Fotomoto I thought you were hard at landscaping again--glad it was your former project as it is way too chilly here to dirt into the earth yet.  You should post the photo of the finished garden bed as it was so nice, and it will give us all gardening fever.

Unfortunately, one of the two beds died from the heat/too much sun, so I'll be starting a new one and will post it then.

However, the CMax continues as the work mule by having to transport a very large front loading washer and dryer combination plus pedestals this last weekend.  Believe me, it doesn't get any tighter than this!  The box was the exact same size as the hatch opening (29 inches) but I still had close to a foot of clearance left before the front seats.  8 cubic foot front load dryer:

F5DC1EE1-2185-4813-A99F-F85F3D2ED4E5_zps

It took three trips but I saved the $55 delivery fee.   :rockon:

This was our load driving to Louisiana two weeks ago to see my son...

post-1320-0-01105800-1393886530_thumb.jpg

I've found the side doors have greater roofliine-to-deck height, so the tall stuff, like the cherry apothecary chest, goes in the side. There's also a small pie safe, end table, music stand, and a bunch of boxes between the chest and the telescope and food processor framing my luggage.

I didn't take a pic when I had the pie safe in there... 1/4" to spare on the shock towers, with a cornice molding that nicely fit the hatch opening. I also missed the trip in Louisiana, bringing a dining room set and TV stand to his place.

Every time I see a FFH, I remind myself that the Fusion body style just doesn't fit my lifestyle...

HAve fun,

Frank

Unfortunately, one of the two beds died from the heat/too much sun, so I'll be starting a new one and will post it then.

Fotomoto I thought you were hard at landscaping again--glad it was your former project as it is way too chilly here to dirt into the earth yet.  You should post the photo of the finished garden bed as it was so nice, and it will give us all gardening fever.

Just for you Laurel, here's two gardening :camera: from down south.  Hang in there, spring will be here before you know it!   :yahoo:

Six large pots of Ginger Lilly's and a 20lb bag of lawn fertilizer.

F499E1CC-209F-4542-B5A5-AE2AEF1ED7D3_zps

2F04E375-18AE-4285-B1AE-3A39A768EE58_zps

Ginger lily that is new to me.  I will have to go and read about it.  Sure is pretty.  I am thinking it isn't available around here, but I'll check it out.  We are big on hostas around here due to the climate--sort of rainy and temperate with lots of slugs who eat the leaves LOL. 

I just looked up ginger lilies.  Wow they have some beautiful flowers when in bloom.  Fotomoto that flower bed is going to be gorgeous!

Edited by Laurel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

......And what other kind of vehicle can haul a load like this and still get incredible fuel economy?

Probably not any other vehicle on tires.

Possibly something on rails - a hybrid on rails ?

But then Deisel-electric locomitives are, in fact, Hybrid Vehicles by our present-day definition, anen't they ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More mayhem in your C-Max Foto !  900 pounds, great mpgs, fantastic - forget the Urban Activity Vehicle; it is certainly an Urban Assault Vehicle in your hands.  I fear significant work at both ends though.  I have always appreciated the 'square' end opening. 

Edited by C-MaxSea