What's in your C-Max today?

My golf clubs. I broke 80 for the first time this year.

On an executive course ;)  ...in jest :rockon:  :congrats:

By the way: since i know you go to the range alot and sometimes may NOT carry the whole bag - look under the rear seats. You'll see there is a nice gap where you can slide at least 4 or 5 clubs up to a 3 wood underneath it.  Keeps the clubs away from the views of any would be thieves but as long. And as you don't carry any 300+ lb golfing buddy who needs to sit in the back seat, it's a great place to store the clubs in the car.

The CMax has amazing holes & gaps to put our sh*t. :flirt:  it.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

On an executive course ;)  ...in jest :rockon:  :congrats:

By the way: since i know you go to the range alot and sometimes may NOT carry the whole bag - look under the rear seats. You'll see there is a nice gap where you can slide at least 4 or 5 clubs up to a 3 wood underneath it.  Keeps the clubs away from the views of any would be thieves but as long. And as you don't carry any 300+ lb golfing buddy who needs to sit in the back seat, it's a great place to store the clubs in the car.

The CMax has amazing holes & gaps to put our sh*t. :flirt:  it.

I never said how many holes I played. ;)

I rarely have anyone in the back seat, so I keep my rear seats down. I cut a piece of 1/8" thick hard particle board, stuck some Velcro hooks on the smooth side to hold it in place and keep that covering the seat backs to protect them when I slide my clubs in and out. I load my push cart on top of the battery and that's covered with a Ford OEM cargo cover. I had a set of clubs stolen from a station wagon many years ago, so I don't leave them in the car anymore. I thought it might provide better air flow and get A/C air to the battery, so I keep the rear seats down all the time. It's been pretty cool here so far and I haven't needed the A/C yet so the battery has stayed well within it's target temperature range, also perfect weather for golf/biking/walks, temps in the 70's and no humidity... nice.

Edited by timwil56

have never broken 80.....  come close 81-82...but  never under...

the blue thing is a rescue hook... r221026-250x199.jpg  there is a telescoping pole that goes on the end...

two uses... one to raise and lower the boat into the water off the dock.,  the second  is to assist in rescuing a human should one fall off the dock...

here is were we sail...Lake Anne, Reston VA

anneoctober0013.jpg

anneoctober0012.jpg

Full Radio control,  sails and rudder.  no engines...only wind powered

• 3 weeks later...

Which one? We looked at a Rover 8... and would have purchased it and a trainer in place of a stationary, had my wife been able to use it. I liked the extensibility to tandem, seat height, weight capacity, but not the lack of low gears, the high hand position or weight of a steel frame. The top chain is asking for stains, and any boom length change requires chain length adjustment - very hard for two mis-matched people to use the same one.

Mine's a Catrike Villager, 34 lb., to answer Paul's question. My only excuse is that I had tried a HP Velo Scorpion some years back, after hearing lots of good things about the Sun EZ-3 USX... finally tried a USX and it is as heavy and long as it looks, and I didn't revisit the $4K Scorpion. 

So far, riding around my somewhat hilly neighborhood for now, my legs get tired, but I'm not out of breath... 30 speeds is a wonderful thing, as well as the inability to fall off no matter how slow you go! Top gear downhill gets scary-fast real quick! (Of course, the hill's good for 30mph by itself!)

HAve fun,

Frank

PS need to plug the BicycleMan, too.

• 1 year later...

They fit !!! 

DSC 14286

DSC 14283

We generally just throw our bikes in the old VW Eurovan MV with front wheels removed if we need to reach a bike route; and I did not think it was possible to get them in the C-Max.  Wrong; they fit both in the flat configuration, and in the upright position.  For flat loading I removed only the front wheel; for upright loading I had to remove the seat post - not a problem.  In both, I have the drivers seat all the way back for my normal driving.  In the upright position the nose of the back wheel nestles between the front seats nicely.  Now we are free to freewheel in the C-Max with no aero penalty. :happy feet: :happy feet: .

Freewheeling in a C-Max,

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...