Countdown to cutie75 and salsaguy's Cmax...

salsaguy

well it's official. the countdown has finally really begun. my wife (cutie75) finally landed a job offer and accepted it and will be starting her new job next week!!!!!

:happy feet:  :happy feet: :yahoo: :wub2:

so once she is settled and we start getting back on track we can save for the Cmax and get the car loan for her new car that is way overdue since her SUV only gets 16 mpg and is 14 yrs old but still running great.

since she will be driving a lot more miles to work (about 23 miles one way) a new fuel efficient car is a must for her as the gas cost alone will eat up some of her nice increase in pay.

looking forward to the day when we both become oofficial members of this cool club.

:thumbsup:

so....now's your chance to place your bets on how many days, weeks, or months it will take for us to ORDER or PICKUP our cmax.Will it be a end of year 2013 model or a 2014???

its your call.... :)

step right up step right up ...place your bets ...place your bets'

Edited by salsaguy

Congrats on your new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the gas savings will make the car payment a lot less of a hit. I drive 33 miles one way to work. After break in and warmer weather I am saving $200 a month in gas versus my old car. That means the budget takes less of a hit each month. Oh and my insurance is less on my C Max. Bonus!!!!

Hope you get things in order soon so that you can enjoy the C Max

Congrats. I'm betting you wait and get a 2014(ordered).

Our insurance went down $50/month from the F150 to the Cmax. I have yet to figure how much it will save me at work. I haven't used it enough yet. But I know it gets at least 10+ more mpg than the Escape, and 20+ more than the F150.

That is very upbeat news Slampro!  Glad she got a new job.  Have you considered buying a used C-Max?  I wouldn't hesitate to buy a low mileage one.  I always cringe at how much new cars cost and then they depreciate the moment they are off the lot. There may be few people trading in for new ones when the 2014's come out.  But then again maybe your cutie wants new only.

no way not in a million years. not if i have anything to say about it. that's what my wife was going to get initially since she has been loyal to Toyota and her SUV has been such a great fcar for her to last so long (other urban craft mpg due to the v6 engine and big body) with pretty much zero issues until lately due to its age.

it's been a tough sell to have her even think of getting a Ford. and she is still  not 100% convinced but after the test drive at the eco boost challenge event last month and seeing as how the cmax is so much nicer in so many ways i should be able to get her to turn to the  "bright size"

;) since I'm helping to pitch in for some of the down payment i have a say in the purchase and want too be able to drive it as well :) I'm just very worried about the dealer customer service since she has the best service rep who always comps her stuff out gives costs of her service each time and keeps her happy knowing she is due for a new car and wants her business for sure.. plus they are so close to our home as well.extra miles to Ford dealer and potential for issues with them has me concerned that she will get pissed off and blame me if there is an early defect or dealer attitude issue. crossing fingers big time it all goes well.but saving gas from 16 mpg to anything close to 40 mpg will be great. she loves her SUV and it will take her time to get used to a new car especially one with so much tech in it like the C-Max. she had her suv for 14 years and has no plans to get rid of it.

I predict you'll buy a Prius!   :stirpot:

Edited by salsaguy

it's salsaguy not slampro !!! :)

not considering a used one at all. it's time for new for her. i got mine last year. she was due to get her new car b4 i did but after a semi truck rear ended me and totaled my last 2004.5 Passat, I was forced to get a new car first.

That is very upbeat news Slampro!  Glad she got a new job.  Have you considered buying a used C-Max?  I wouldn't hesitate to buy a low mileage one.  I always cringe at how much new cars cost and then they depreciate the moment they are off the lot. There may be few people trading in for new ones when the 2014's come out.  But then again maybe your cutie wants new only.

I predict you'll buy a Prius!   :stirpot:

If I were salsaguy, I would DEFINITELY BUY a Prii - afterall....10 good reasons to buy a Prii:

1. Superior MPG over the CMax especially at 65mph
  2. EV at 70MPH is over-rated, 45 is good enought, 10 years of 100,000+ Prii can't be wrong.
  3. Ford software updates are over-rated, after all, they should have got it right in the 1st release.
  4. Ford lied, they didn't even test the CMax with the EPA.
  5. The V has superior storage over the CMax and can do 500 miles on the CMax - beat that CMax!!!!! Ha..ha...you can barely manage 38MPG, Consumer Report was SO SPOT ON!
  6. Concensus by Group acceleration is a wonderful thing, afterall...isn't that what progressivism is all about?
  7. Sitting close to the window is GOOD - afterall you want to see up close to the windscreen to get the most clarity out of the superior quality Japanese window!
  8. CMax has those big 17" wheels which are CLEARLY more inefficient that the 16" Prii wheels...smaller is better..afterall, its not the size that counts but how it's used, right ;)
  9. Superior co-eff...can't beat the 10 years of Toyota wind tunnel and real world experience.
  10. And the #10.....Jus-A-Cmax is a fake CMax poster....

See, now you ALL want a Prii.

What is this alien_dance.gif sitting on my keyboard...

...oh it was a bad dream, must have been the bad sushi I had for dinner.... :drop:

Now, that is how you really.... :airquote:  :stirpot:

We now return you back to the normal CMax channel.

;)

PS :congrats:  to Salsaguy and Cutie, nice to get a new job and a 2014 CMax Prii

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

...oh it was a bad dream, must have been the bad sushi I had for dinner.... :drop:

Now, that is how you really.... :airquote:  :stirpot:

We now return you back to the normal CMax channel.

;)

PS :congrats:  to Salsaguy and Cutie, nice to get a new job and a 2014 CMax Prii

Ignore him. Just ignore him! It only makes it worse when you laugh! :finger:  :twister:  :banghead:

well she started her new job this week and the drive (23 miles one way over 3 freeways with traffic mainly coming home) is already driving her crazy. :(   doesn't help that she has a gas guzzler. she really NEEDS the C-Max ASAP!!! anyone want to be nice and loan yours out? 

Will be a while though before she gets hers..sadly. she didn't have to deal with traffic or freeways at her last job really and was able to take mostly streets. we shall wait and see how it goes. expect to see her fuelly numbers drop starting from today as she just filled up today (yet to be posted to fuelly as if 11pm Wed).

Edit: actually she has been getting very good numbers with her commute to her new job. Found some good alternatives bit actually the freeway isn't so bad after all.

Edited by salsaguy

Hey its money....

Gas prices are low right now salsaguy, so its still worth waiting for the 2014. I think the MPG will be much better in that car than ours. I can't wait to see those driving figures and DANG would I :flirt:  to get my butt in one for a whole tank and see what I can do with it....even a 2MPG is enough to get me past the 900 mile barrier. But alas, it may be a 2017 when I get my next CMax and it will be all electric up to 300 miles by then...jus wait and see.

Also, that stop and go traffic is perfect for the CMax...even speeds as low as 45-55 its very strong MPG.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

yeah it will be nice to see how the 2014s perform compared to the 13s. just hope they don't mess up the  styling to much with the FE mods and make it look weird/ugly.

truedat. I was driving next to an older Honda hybrid this morning with the rear wheel wells...I was thinking that I am probably doing better MPG than him, more power and NOT LOOK SO BUTT UGLY with the wheel well.

Who knows, in 2016, someone could be posting the same thing about being next to my CMax and complaining how ugly my Maxine looks. Twilight Zone time, lol.

• 9 months later...

Well after a few months of getting back to being able to get the CMax for my wife car and starting to look hard again at the car and post/read more here on this forum, another life setback has come along just this past month and put off our plans to get the CMax once again :(

Hopefully this setback will only be a short one....stay tuned....the countdown continues....

Sorry for anyone who lost any bets on a timeframe of Q2 2014 for us finally getting our

"MAXimum Overdrive"...don't beat me up...Please

;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Roninsd just might be the winner here.

2 weeks ago my wife just started her new job after being out of work for a while now, so see are finally getting closer to seeing this LONG time goal come to fruition. Once she gets back on track and saves up and build up her accounts again after being out of work for so long.

As a good omen....we spotted 3 CMaxs on the road yesterday on a trip and 4 If you count the one we saw on Shark Tank.

Now the question is...Will it be a 2015 or if they plan to major redo thecmax for 2016 model?

I've been off this site for a long time since the chance of getting the cmax was not looking good this past year so I'm way out of touch on what all had taken place in the cmax world.

My wife still isn't sold on owning a "lowly FORD" product after owning her Toyota SUV for so long but I keep telling not sure what else gives so great bang for your buck with an SUV-like up high seating and great mpg in a hybrid and European inside styling. She REALLY needs a hybrid now that she has a bumper to bumper drive into downtown L.A. now.

Would love to get her a VW Toureg for the Audi like styling but to expensive and not as good mileage.

Toyota RAV4 looks terrible now after the redesign.

Salsaguy, I'm betting on a 2015 and after another 1200 posts :)