August? FE update

I just recently purchased my new C-Max about a week ago. I have been reading a lot about this FE update that a lot of you have been posting about. First, a little history about my C-Max... I know that it was probably built in Oct. 2012, and has sat on the lot for a long time for some reason. It had 100 something miles on it when I purchased it. Apparently, it hadn't been touched in a long time since it was covered in dirt and the battery was dead. Now. How do I know if I have received the update or not already? According to etis there is software information available for my car but, when I click on the link it says the info is currently unavailable. I've tried on two different computers/days. So I am not sure if my car has been updated or not. How do I know what version it is etc?

I just recently purchased my new C-Max about a week ago. I have been reading a lot about this FE update that a lot of you have been posting about. First, a little history about my C-Max... I know that it was probably built in Oct. 2012, and has sat on the lot for a long time for some reason. It had 100 something miles on it when I purchased it. Apparently, it hadn't been touched in a long time since it was covered in dirt and the battery was dead. Now. How do I know if I have received the update or not already? According to etis there is software information available for my car but, when I click on the link it says the info is currently unavailable. I've tried on two different computers/days. So I am not sure if my car has been updated or not. How do I know what version it is etc?

Welcome dutchsher and nearby resident of Dixon, Ca.  If Etis is not giving you enough info, answer this.  Does your MFT home screen show a picture of a CMax and show the power flow diagram?  If so then you have the latest software upgrade 3.5.1  On Etis it will tell you the exact build date of the car.  This is how I found out mine was built on 9/9/12.  Hope this is helpful?

Welcome dutchsher and nearby resident of Dixon, Ca.  If Etis is not giving you enough info, answer this.  Does your MFT home screen show a picture of a CMax and show the power flow diagram?  If so then you have the latest software upgrade 3.5.1  On Etis it will tell you the exact build date of the car.  This is how I found out mine was built on 9/9/12.  Hope this is helpful?

I don't even think I have MFT (My Ford Touch?!). I just have the SE with the smaller display and My Ford I believe. ETIS is showing 01.10.2012 as my build date. I am assuming that is european date format for 10/1/2012?! Also now it's showing 13B09 MORONEY LABEL UPDATE as well as the software information. What does this mean? I am going to go to the dealer today to see what's up. However, I am not sure how helpful they will be considering they sold me the car saying it has SIRIUS radio and it actually doesn't. :swear:

I don't even think I have MFT (My Ford Touch?!). I just have the SE with the smaller display and My Ford I believe. ETIS is showing 01.10.2012 as my build date. I am assuming that is european date format for 10/1/2012?! Also now it's showing 13B09 MORONEY LABEL UPDATE as well as the software information. What does this mean? I am going to go to the dealer today to see what's up. However, I am not sure how helpful they will be considering they sold me the car saying it has SIRIUS radio and it actually doesn't. :swear:

ETIS is indeed European so be careful with dates.

I suggest you spend an hour or two reading this forum.  Lots of good info including how to determine which software you have installed.  But be careful with nomenclature; lots of folks equate GPS with navigation, MyFord with MFT, and so on.

And, sad but true, you may already know more about your car than the dealer.  So be prepared for a number of fits and starts when it comes to dealer-performed software upgrades.

Cheers.

The Monroney label is the window sticker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroney_sticker).  Probably there to reflect that the EPA MPG is dropping from 47.

The dealer should be able to tell you what updates you need based on your VIN.

BTW, 3.6.2 is the latest version of MFT, not 3.5.1.

So I went to the dealer and they said it has the newest update installed as of the first of August. I would hope that to be true?! So I guess I am just experiencing also break in mileage. I am having a hard time getting the average above 38 mpg. I drive mostly freeway 65-70 mph. I will look around in the MPG section and read up on break-in mileage. Thanks for the help.

Also quick side note. Seems like they are going to get SIRIUS installed for me too. They were baffled that it didn't have it since it's the SE model. 

If you vehicle will go into EV mode (electric only) at speeds above 62 MPH then you have the newest Software for the engine. (the FE update).  Best way to check this is next time your on the highway at 70 mph wait until a stretch of highway that is flat or a little (or alot :) ) downhill, let off the gas petal, the car should immediately go into EV mode.  If the car has to slow to 62mph or below before it go into EV mode then you do not have the newest software.  Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.  Lots of good info here.