Uhh . . . Hello? Hello?

I was wondering if anyone else is having this . . . issue.  My iPhone 4S appears to have properly linked to the vehicle, and I can talk hands-free reasonably well.  However, when I have an incoming call, it is not announced in any way.  If I have the radio on, the audio cuts out and I see a message "accept call?" or something like that.  If the radio isn't on, if I don't see the message come up, I miss the call.

I have checked the settings for the ringer, and have tried several options to no avail.  Ditto on the message alert tone.  I receive no indications that something is incoming.

FWIW, I have updated to the 3.5.1.  Surely there is some setting I haven't done properly - but if so, it's pretty damned subtle.  :nonono:

I have iphone 4. With incoming calls the phone rings(appropriate ring tone for caller) and a screen comes up on MFT display asking me if i want to accept the call. If the audio is on, it is muted. If the USB is in use, the device is paused. There is also an option to not be disturbed, and well....., you won't be disturbed.

LOL!  Yes, I know about that.  I have 'DND' turned off - or, at least I think I do.  It seemed that the selection was unclear.  I am just about to go drive my C-Max again (drag myself to work) and I will double-check.

If it turns out I have DND turned on, I will feel like an idiot.  Thanks!

I have confirmed that I am not an idiot. ;) When 'Do Not Disurb' is turned on, the settings for the ringer selection are greyed out.  I definitely do not have 'DND' turned on, although the indication that shows up when I turn on the car is poorly done in my estimation.

So . . . I don't seem to be able to get any kind of audible notification of an incoming call, unless it's just the radio cutting out.  I repeat my question - has anyone else experienced this problem?  Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try to get this working?  Thanks!

You can adjust the volume of the car voice. Just push the volume button as it talks. There is probably another way, that I am not thinking of at the moment. In my F150(which had sync) I adjusted the car ringtone volume. I just pushed volume buttons as it rang. Again probably another way to do it, but it worked for me. I haven't done it in the Cmax yet, but I would think it would be the same.

If the car voice used for navigation is the same system used to generate a phone ring or beep, then something is wrong.  The navigation voice comes through loud and clear - a little too loud, in fact.  It makes no sound whatsoever when a call or message comes in.  The only indication is that the radio (if on) cuts out, and the display shows incoming call information.

Am I unique in experiencing this?

If the car voice used for navigation is the same system used to generate a phone ring or beep, then something is wrong.  The navigation voice comes through loud and clear - a little too loud, in fact.  It makes no sound whatsoever when a call or message comes in.  The only indication is that the radio (if on) cuts out, and the display shows incoming call information.

Am I unique in experiencing this?

I'm not sure if the car voice volume is the same as that to generate ring tone. My best guess would be call your cell while in car. When the radio cuts out, try turning up the volume.

• 5 weeks later...

The problem may be solved, but the mystery remains.  To remedy this situation, I connected the phone to the car as always.  I turned the mute switch on my iPhone 4S to 'mute', and then turned it off again.  That's it.  Fixed.

What a stupid thing to have happen, and what a stupid way to fix it.  I have no confidence that it will remain fixed.

Another irritation: When I get in the car, I plug in my phone to the USB port in the center storage bin.  Then I start the car.  Sometimes the entertainment system plays the radio station to which I had it tuned, and sometimes it selects the phone as the source.  The thing is, I always do it the same way.  I don't like that the system doesn't respond consistently.

FWIW, I am running the latest version according to the SyncMyRide website.