Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Windows opened by themselves

WTH

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   METROMAN

METROMAN

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 103 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationFredericksburg, VA
  • Current Vehicle:SEL C-MAX

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

Think I saw another post with this same issue somewhere. Wife asked me today if I rolled down the windows. Nope, didn't touch em. Somehow they rolled themselves down. What the heck?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   slampro

slampro

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 211 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationEL Paso
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2008 Escape Hybrid, Cmax Hybrid Sel 303A, pano roof.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

If you hold the unlock button on the fob for (I think 5 sec or so) it will roll down all the windows. Perhaps the fob was in a place where the button got pushed on accident. The other thread has people mentioning it may have hit something in their pocket or purse.

#3 OFFLINE   METROMAN

METROMAN

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 103 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationFredericksburg, VA
  • Current Vehicle:SEL C-MAX

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Yeah , I know about the fob rolldown. Dont think I mashed it in my pocket. Who knows? Lol

#4 OFFLINE   asb

asb

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 262 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Vehicle:cmax se hybrid

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

I stuffed my keys in my pocket this morning while walking the dog.  Came back to the house to find all four windows down.  So I think it must be rather easy to mash that button down.

#5 OFFLINE   Laurel

Laurel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

It is very easy to mash the button without knowing it which is a little puzzling as when you want to roll them down when you are walking up to the car, you have to hold the button for awhile for it to work.  But for sure mine have gone down when I leaned against a fence rail while standing by the car with the fob in my pocket against the rail.

#6 OFFLINE   pjurek99

pjurek99

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 101 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Is there a way all the windows will go up? I opened them for purpose (it was hot outside) then all of a sudden had to go back to the office and could not close them remotely. Is there a "secret" sequence for this?

#7 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 675 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Is there a way all the windows will go up? I opened them for purpose (it was hot outside) then all of a sudden had to go back to the office and could not close them remotely. Is there a "secret" sequence for this?

No, unfortunately.

#8 OFFLINE   ceemax71

ceemax71

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 251 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

It looks like the dealer can disable the global open feature according to this OASIS broadcast message:

Jan 08 2014 4488 -2013 CMAX Disable All Windows Open (Global Open)

Some customers may not want the Global Open Feature; which enables them to open all the vehicle windows by pressing and holding "unlock" button on the RKE transmitter. Global Open can be disabled using the IDS tool(version 88.01). Using IDS select Tool Box / Module Programming / Programmable Parameters / Car Configuration Parameter(s). Select Vehicle Configuration, Select Retrieve the Vehicle Configuration Data, Select Modify and Reinstate Vehicle Configuration Data, Select Global Open/Close, Select Global Open/Close Disabled. Performing this procedure is not a warrantable condition. 

It would be nice if this could be enabled or disabled by the owner.

• mtcmax likes this

#9 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 675 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:42 PM

It would also be nice to have a list of all "Configuration Data" items.  I'd guess Daytime Running Lights is on the list among others.

#10 OFFLINE   bemyax

bemyax

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 59 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationWaterloo, Iowa
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybrid SE

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:27 PM

It looks like the dealer can disable the global open feature according to this OASIS broadcast message:

Jan 08 2014 4488 -2013 CMAX Disable All Windows Open (Global Open)

Some customers may not want the Global Open Feature; which enables them to open all the vehicle windows by pressing and holding "unlock" button on the RKE transmitter. Global Open can be disabled using the IDS tool(version 88.01). Using IDS select Tool Box / Module Programming / Programmable Parameters / Car Configuration Parameter(s). Select Vehicle Configuration, Select Retrieve the Vehicle Configuration Data, Select Modify and Reinstate Vehicle Configuration Data, Select Global Open/Close, Select Global Open/Close Disabled. Performing this procedure is not a warrantable condition. 

It would be nice if this could be enabled or disabled by the owner.

Got the Global Open disabled today with the technician following these instructions. He said he had done a couple of Fusions, but not a CMax and that the procedure is different on them. He remarked that when venturing into the menu system, the vehicle configuration showed the option as not installed. He had to back out a step then go back in before the disable option became available. Thank you to Ray at Bill Colwell Ford. Maybe I can use this as my servicing dealer without all of the grief I had in the past. Maybe.

David

• Laurel likes this

#11 OFFLINE   sixfoottallgirl

sixfoottallgirl

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C Max

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:07 PM

This guy seems to be able to both open and close all of his windows by holding down the unlock or lock button for five seconds a second time.

I wasn't able to close them the way he did, but I was able to open them!

#12 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

This guy seems to be able to both open and close all of his windows by holding down the unlock or lock button for five seconds a second time.

Judging solely by his accent, I'm going to guess that is a Euro-spec CMax.  Cars built for other markets can and do have different features.  

And WELCOME to the site!   :happy feet:

Edited by fotomoto, 09 December 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

I wasn't able to close them the way he did, but I was able to open them!

Judging solely by his accent, I'm going to guess that is a Euro-spec CMax.  Cars built for other markets can and do have different features.  

And WELCOME to the site!   :happy feet:

Welcome to the forum, Sixfoottallgirl!

My name is Tricia, and I’m your U.S. Ford Customer Service rep.  I’ll be here to assist if you ever have any questions or concerns.

Yes, fotomoto is correct. Not all vehicles will have this feature.

Is your C-Max a 2013 also? If so, I'll look into this further for you.

Have a great day!  :) 

Tricia

#14 OFFLINE   sixfoottallgirl

sixfoottallgirl

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C Max

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hi All, and Hi Tricia--

Yes mine is also an American 2013.  One day, though, the windows did seem to open on their own.  I don't think I was anywhere near the controller when they went down...  :(

#15 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:44 PM

Hi All, and Hi Tricia--

Yes mine is also an American 2013.  One day, though, the windows did seem to open on their own.  I don't think I was anywhere near the controller when they went down...  :(

Sixfoottallgirl,

If this symptom persists, I recommend taking your vehicle to a Ford Dealer to be diagnosed. Also, what’s the current mileage?

Once this info is received, I can check out available options to assist on my end. 

Are you inquiring if your vehicle has the ability to make all windows go back up? If so, I’ll be happy to do some research.

Have a great weekend!  :) 

Tricia

• rvc likes this

#16 OFFLINE   rvc

rvc

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 8 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Locationca
  • Current Vehicle:c max

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

Hi Tricia..unrelated problem. The headliner on my 13 c max has come loose all across the front edge where it meets the windshield. Just noticed while washing vehicle. Will take to dealer. Hopefully they have simple fix. Very inconvenient ...repeated prob w car. Rick C

Edited by rvc, 06 January 2015 - 02:11 AM.

#17 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 709 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

I have had problems in that area as I described in another thread, not the one above.  I described my frustration trying to get a dealer to disable it.  Ended up putting a felt thing around the unlock, cut from a felt thing that goes on the bottom of a table leg. (Can buy on ebay or amazon.) I did not think that would solve the problem but it did. I will recommend this.  I have experienced the windows down plus rain.  Not nice.

UPDATE: Sorry, I thought this message was going into the new thread somebody started.

Edited by obob, 02 April 2015 - 12:07 AM.

#18 ONLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2,019 posts
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

Hi Tricia..unrelated problem. The headliner on my 13 c max has come loose all across the front edge where it meets the windshield. Just noticed while washing vehicle. Will take to dealer. Hopefully they have simple fix. Very inconvenient ...repeated prob w car. Rick C

If you are talking about the slight gap between the windshield and headliner, that's the way it is.   You didn't have to pay extra for the gap. :)

See the post for pic.

#19 OFFLINE   Noah Harbinger

Noah Harbinger

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMetro San Diego
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:47 AM

I've had my windows unexpectedly down once, and my liftgate unexpectedly open twice. But it could have been pocket-presses all both cases. (I chalk it up to bad fob design - I think open buttons should be smaller / recessed). 

For another fob-related issue: I unlock my liftgate with the remote every workday, and about once every three weeks, the lights flash with the second click (as they do before opening properly), but it does not open. I don't recall hearing any sounds that would indicate any of the usual unlatching or liftgate propulsion, but I usually do it 20 feet or so away, as I finish my ride into the car, so I couldn't say for sure if I'm just not hearing it, or if it's not happening. The liftgate open button on the dash always works, so I don't think it's mechanical. 

Edited by Noah Harbinger, 22 April 2015 - 01:53 AM.

#20 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 842 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:42 AM

I've had my windows unexpectedly down once, and my liftgate unexpectedly open twice. But it could have been pocket-presses all both cases. (I chalk it up to bad fob design - I think open buttons should be smaller / recessed). 

For another fob-related issue: I unlock my liftgate with the remote every workday, and about once every three weeks, the lights flash with the second click (as they do before opening properly), but it does not open. I don't recall hearing any sounds that would indicate any of the usual unlatching or liftgate propulsion, but I usually do it 20 feet or so away, as I finish my ride into the car, so I couldn't say for sure if I'm just not hearing it, or if it's not happening. The liftgate open button on the dash always works, so I don't think it's mechanical. 

I bought a cheap rubber cover for my FOB, which helps isolate the buttons, and I keep it in my left pocket, away from the mass of keys in my right pocket. I haven't had unexpected opening since I did these things.

Edited by stevedebi, 22 April 2015 - 11:43 AM.

• Noah Harbinger likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·