Rainette

RachelnLa

Rainette is in the shop and will be until her part comes in, which is estimated to be September 24.

I had the car serviced on a Friday. The headliner recall and updates were done. They checked my car from head to toe. My daughter and I got on the interstate Saturday and 22 miles later the dinging started and the red light appeared. Seems I was out of coolant. We were towed to the dealer and the diagnosis was made: cracked intake manifold. Seems a little new for this to happen. Just glad it happened while we were still in our town. So, I wait for the new part to arrive. :::sigh:::

I sure miss my car.

Ouch....sorry to hear that. Hopefully, they gave you a biplane or stealth fighter as a replacement. Been out many times with an update but Galpin always takes care of me and I get to drive interesting cars....thats why I  :flirt:  'em. My regards to your hubby too and your dad too...hope his is doing much better :rockon:

It's been a hassle to get a loaner. I had to call customer service. I didn't buy the extended warranty. Crazy that they wouldn't loan me a car with it expected to take a month just to get the part in! On a brand new car to boot. I must say, once my case was reviewed ford agreed to loan me a car. Supposed to get it tomorrow. Will keep you updated.

Rainette is in the shop and will be until her part comes in, which is estimated to be September 24.

I had the car serviced on a Friday. The headliner recall and updates were done. They checked my car from head to toe. My daughter and I got on the interstate Saturday and 22 miles later the dinging started and the red light appeared. Seems I was out of coolant. We were towed to the dealer and the diagnosis was made: cracked intake manifold. Seems a little new for this to happen. Just glad it happened while we were still in our town. So, I wait for the new part to arrive. :::sigh:::

I sure miss my car.

Glad you have a warranty as well, sorry for the break down.

Cracked intake manifold the day after service.  Coincidence?  Who knows.  3 weeks to get a part is not good.   I've been thinking about extended warranties. With this being a 1st year car with lots of new technology I'm thinking about going for the 7 year / 100k mile Ford warranty with a $200. deductible.  The cost is $955 and if I apply the $550 from the mileage fiasco it gets pretty cheap.  Just a thought.  andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com

My loaner is a Toyota corolla. Red. Dark windows. It's no cmax but its okay. I finally got it at 6pm! Feels very strange to drive a non hybrid. I feel like I am jerky while going down the road. The did put a rush on my part but it still shows sept 24. Oh well. At least I have a loaner! Definitely getting the xtended warranty.

since it IS a new car and since it's not expected to have a cracked intake manifold at this time in its life (haven't built up the warranty and repair stock parts yet) and since all the ones made by the supplier were probably already allocated for new build cars....that's why it takes so long to get the part.

Exactly salsa.

Thanks Ron. He let me drive his car for a week. I put my foot down with ford and requested they give me a loaner. Why should I put miles on dads car? Why put him out? This is a brand new car. This shouldn't have happened. It did and ford has been very kind. I appreciate them helping me out. Besides, dad needed his car to go on a trip. :)

Exactly! The car has less than 6k miles and is less than 7 months old. I wasn't expecting a loaded vehicle, just comparable to my cmax. And your going to keep my car for almost a month!? Seems like a no brainer to me.

wtf is wrong with these dealers....don't they know that being #1 means customer service. This would leave me a sour taste where I would consider another dealer, screw loyalty...if they don't take care of me, I won't take care of them later....customer service should be #1. The cost of a rental, they can write it off anyway they want and still not lose any money. Galpin way.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

well we Jus might have to go to Galpin if push comes to shove. not sure who is the dealer who handles the folks who use the AAA/Costco car buying discount pricing/no hassle folks down here in North OC.

my mom lives in Glendale and cutie75's family lives in the valley so.....my brother now lives right around the corner from Galpin, supposedly. i haven't been to his place yet though. you will have to drop me some names at Galpin if it comes to that.

btw, went to a concert last week and they had a booth featuring Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) and they had a wheel of fortune to soon to win prizes. i won a GAS hat for my son.

well we Jus might have to go to Galpin if push comes to shove. not sure who is the dealer who handles the folks who use the AAA/Costco car buying discount pricing/no hassle folks down here in North OC.

my mom lives in Glendale and cutie75's family lives in the valley so.....my brother now lives right around the corner from Galpin, supposedly. i haven't been to his place yet though. you will have to drop me some names at Galpin if it comes to that.

btw, went to a concert last week and they had a booth featuring Galpin Auto Sports (GAS) and they had a wheel of fortune to soon to win prizes. i won a GAS hat for my son.

GAS is a TRIP!!!!!! Make sure you head down there to check out the accessories...they do a lot of customization from panels to FULL BLOWN. These guys know how to deck out any vehicle. I remember when they brought out the 1st XJ in the new body shape and they had a open bar and food, GAS prepared a one of a kind, matt Jaguar...it was PRETTY.....the trim inside look so tricked out but it was classy...not the kind of poor taste crap when these knuckle Hollywood celebs trick out their car. When I bought my CMax, they threw in a $100 GAS giftcard with the purchase and I got some really nice shampoo, wax cleaner, dusters...like I said, I :flirt:  they way they treat me and my family...

Sure, when you decide, I can drop you some names....