Snow tire wheels and valve stems

YakMax

This will be our first winter experience with our new C-Max and so it was time to purchase new snow tires and wheels. I opted to make the purchase through Tire Rack because I could have the tires mounted on wheels and delivered to the front door. For those who might be interested, I ordered WS70 Blizzaks and Sport Edition CS1 16 inch wheels. The wheels cost a little more than steel wheels but I felt they were worth it over the life time of the tires.

So the next option was to choose between regular press in rubber valve stems and thread in valve stems. The tire rack rep told me that while the screw metal valve stems look better, that over time, the are more prone to air leaks. Also, since I opted out of TPS sensors and the fact that my wife drives this car the most, reliability of the regular valve stems  won out as my choice.

For those who are going through this buying decision, I thought I would pass on my experience as it may help others.