13C07 - IGNITION DOOR CHIME

spkehl

Etis is showing a new recall for my car today.  The following is all I could find about it on Google:

4127 - Announcing Compliance Recall 13C07: Advance Notice 
DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Advance Notice - Compliance Recall 13C07 - Certain 2012 and 2013 Model Year Focus Electric Vehicles and 2013 Model Year C-MAX Vehicles Equipped with Intelligent Access Push Button Start System - Ignition Door Chime. Refer to FMCDealer.com

Does anyone have any more info?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let them rather fix the "if-you-want-your-door-closed-you-should-it-slam-hard" issue. The chime is just fine. The slamming is not.

And this is my ETIS page as of today:

Outstanding Field Service Actions

12M02 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCO L INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)
13A01 - SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE (applied - not working as it should)
13C02 - HEADLINER HEAD IMPACT PROTECTION (apparently applied to my car)
13B10 - FUEL ECONOMY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION (received a check yesterday; not going to cash it... - although the Lifetime avg. is 37.5 only with just under 40 after the update)
Edited by pjurek99

Let them rather fix the "if-you-want-your-door-closed-you-should-it-slam-hard" issue. The chime is just fine. The slamming is not.

And this is my ETIS page as of today:

12M02 - SYNC WITH MYFORD/MYLINCOLN TOUCH - WARRANTY EXTENSION COVERING ACCESSORY PROTOCO L INTERFACE MODULE (APIM)

13A01 - SYNC WITH MYFORD TOUCH - APPLICATION PERFORMANCE UPGRADE (applied - not working as it should)

13C02 - HEADLINER HEAD IMPACT PROTECTION (apparently applied to my car)

13B10 - FUEL ECONOMY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION (received a check yesterday; not going to cash it... - although the Lifetime avg. is 37.5 only with just under 40 after the update)

Same here. I tired of you liftgate is ajar message. Have to slam it to make it go away. Door chime works fine. chimes at me if the door isn't closed and blows the horn if I get out and shut the door with the car on. FIX MY LIFTGATE.

Same here. I tired of you liftgate is ajar message. Have to slam it to make it go away. Door chime works fine. chimes at me if the door isn't closed and blows the horn if I get out and shut the door with the car on. FIX MY LIFTGATE.

Yes, that's right. I had to pull over so many times due to the open liftgate. This one is a real joke and a real deal at the same time. 

Strangely I had the "similar" problem like 9 years ago back in Europe when I drove the 1.6 TDCi C-Max. The liftgate was opening itself on random occasions.

But  now it is about a "slam-me-hard" issue.

I had to have the dealer replace the latch mechanism for the liftgate. That fixed it. 

Yes, that's right. I had to pull over so many times due to the open liftgate. This one is a real joke and a real deal at the same time. 

Strangely I had the "similar" problem like 9 years ago back in Europe when I drove the 1.6 TDCi C-Max. The liftgate was opening itself on random occasions.

But  now it is about a "slam-me-hard" issue.

This happens even if you let the power liftgate close it?

Edit*  Saw you both had the SEL but forgot all SEL's don't have power liftgate.

Next question which should have been first. Do you have the power liftgate?

Edited by Edsel

I was thinking that my door chime works fine, but did a certain test last night.  When I am in park, and car is started, when any door is opened the chimes go off as well as the screen showing "...door ajar".   But, if the car is in drive, although I did this with the brake applied, and a door is opened, there is no chime..maybe there should be.  The screen does show "...door ajar", but that's all.

Federal law requires a chime noise when you open the driver's door when the car is on.  Apparently, if you have push start feature, and the car is on, and you open the door, there is no chime to warn you that the car is on.  The recall will program a chime to activate when you open the driver's door when the car is on.

Below is what my FordEtis says...I'll be taking Maxus in soon for the headliner replacement, so will get this done at the same time.

13B10 - FUEL ECONOMY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION

So does mine, but the door chime thing is gone.  Maybe they rolled some other stuff into one recall?

It's the same recall, just a different title.  The door-chime remedy is to reprogram the instrument panel control module (IPC).  Takes about 15 minutes according to the dealer instructions.

I took delivery end of May.  I don't see anything.  Maybe there is a date that is a cutoff, and this is another update that only applies to earlier versions.  :headscratch:

That  very well could be. Not all recalls and bulletins apply to every car.  The VIN is the deciding factor based on production  changes. Known problems are correct during production and may have been updated before the release of information.

You should always wait to see what for sends out for recall information and have your dealer check Oasis info anytime

your car is in for service work. That Etis site, is a Euro site and I don't know if the info is valid or not ???

Edited by drdiesel1

Did you try the gas cap filler.

I've cleared the wrench at least 1 maybe 2 times by sticking my finger in the filler hole a couple of times.

It's been months, I can't remember if it goes out right then or the next time I start the car :headscratch: .

If that's why the wrench is on.