13C07 - IGNITION DOOR CHIME

spkehl

I was trying to find a little more detail on the 13c07 recall from those who have had it applied:

• Do you lose your lifetime MPG when you shut the car off? (new "feature" in late 2013/2014 models)
  • Does it chime only when the door is opened with the car running, or any time the door is opened (because the key is "always" in the ignition any time its in the car).
  • Does this disable the honk twice (please!) if you shut the door without the key in the car, when it is on, replacing with the chime?

For us no to 1 and no to 3. I don't know about 2 or 3. I have not figured out what this update accomplished.

Edited by DaveofDurham

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"2.  Does it chime only when the door is opened with the car running, or any time the door is opened (because the key is "always" in the ignition any time its in the car)."

It only chimes when the door is open and the car is "running"

no chime when in accessory mode and door open, that would have been bad when the car is being towed.

"2.  Does it chime only when the door is opened with the car running, or any time the door is opened (because the key is "always" in the ignition any time its in the car)."

It only chimes when the door is open and the car is "running"

no chime when in accessory mode and door open, that would have been bad when the car is being towed.

Update:

"3. Does this disable the honk twice (please!) if you shut the door without the key in the car, when it is on, replacing with the chime?"

From inside running car and door opens = chimeS

Get out of running car with fob leave  door openchimeS no honk honk

Get out of running car with fob, close door = chimeS stop HONK HONK

From inside car in accessory ready to tow mode with fob and door opens = NO chimeS

Get out of car in accessory ready to tow mode with fob leave door open = NO chimeS and NO honk honk

Outside of car in accessory mode with fob, close door = HONK HONK (no chimeS)

Edited, hope it's close!

Edited by wab

It might have just reset your EV+, not broke it.  They hyped it a lot so I don't think they intentionally deleted it.  There is a way to force it to learn a location, but I haven't been able to find the link.  There is also an option in one of the setup menus to en/disable it, so make sure its not disabled there.

I tried wab's test.  I got same results w car running.  I got some different results in accessory mode.  See red text below. 

Update:

"3. Does this disable the honk twice (please!) if you shut the door without the key in the car, when it is on, replacing with the chime?"

From inside running car and door opens = chime                                               I got 5 chimes

Get out of running car with fob leave  door openchime no honk honk             I got 5 chimes

Get out of running car with fob, close door = chime stops HONK HONK           I got HONK HONK

From inside car in accessory mode with fob and door opens = NO chime           I got 5 chimes

Get out of car in accessory mode with fob leave door open = NO chime and NO honk honk I got 5 chimes

Outside of car in accessory mode with fob, close door = HONK HONK (no chime)  I got HONK HONK

• 2 weeks later...

Got a call from my ford dealer trying to get me to come in for BONGBONGBONG update, I told her (playfully) I don't want the BONGBONGBONG, (NO BLAHBLAHBLAH!!!) I could hear someone in the background telling her to tell me they could do the update then reset it so I wouldn't have the BONGBONGBONG... not sure I trust that, I like to think I'm old enough to recognize doublespeak when I hear it, and that's exactly what it sounded like... lots of jargony talk designed to put me at ease and get me to come in... after which I would get the "Gee, we're sure sorry we can't turn it off, we thought we could" apology, but for what it's worth, I'd recommend telling them if you don't want it, it may be possible to not have the 

BONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONG

BONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONGBONG

I'd rather have that than the HONK HONK too, if it stopped that, I'd take the trade, but since they're basically wanting to add more noise to my life, I'm gonna delay as long as possible, then try and bribe the tech with $20 to at least tell me how to disable it... 

I re-listened to it, and she definitely said they could turn off the BONGBONGBONG, so if you don't want it, tell them, worst that can happen is they can't/won't do it, but they're gonna do it the next time you come in with/without your permission so....

Edited by MacGyver