13C07 - IGNITION DOOR CHIME

spkehl

Did you try the gas cap filler.

I've cleared the wrench at least 1 maybe 2 times by sticking my finger in the filler hole a couple of times.

It's been months, I can't remember if it goes out right then or the next time I start the car :headscratch: .

If that's why the wrench is on.

No, didn't try that.  It's been 6 days since we bought gas.

I thought gas filler glitches produced a check engine light.  I didn't know they could produce the yellow wrench.

I started the car two more times since the time the yellow wrench lit up and stayed on for a 20 minute drive.  Neither subsequent start produced a yellow wrench.  I'm going to have the dealer check for codes in the morning.  I would be more patient except that my wife is taking the car on a 6 day almost 1,000 mile trip on Tuesday.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had 13C07 done today while we had our car in to have a faulty front passenger door speaker replaced.

Then, when we got in the car after dinner tonight we had the yellow wrench symbol (page 112 of the manual) pop-up. 

So back to the dealer in the morning to see what's up.

No code or other problem found by dealer.  

Just to check it out, I intentionally opened my door while moving.  It did chime, but only once, and the warning about a door being ajar showed on the panel.  Is the chime supposed to only chime once?

We just had ours done.

It chimes for a little while when the car is on and you open the door to get out, just like all other US cars.

I'm not sure what would happen if the car is moving??? This is not what 13C07 corrects.

wab

• 3 weeks later...

I received my recall notice for the chime issue today. However, my Smart Start car chimes if I accidentally forget to push that button while exiting my car. It's saved me major headaches many times. My question, despite reading that my VIN showed a problem, I don't think I have one. Any comments? Thanks.

I received my recall notice for the chime issue today. However, my Smart Start car chimes if I accidentally forget to push that button while exiting my car. It's saved me major headaches many times. My question, despite reading that my VIN showed a problem, I don't think I have one. Any comments? Thanks.

mine works on and off, right now it is working but will take care in for the recall just to get it off the list. Better safe then sorry

Depends on your dealership LOL.  We had all the upgrades done at once on Oct.16th and that included MFT, hands free lift gate, chimes etc. (whatever had come out since the car was built).  We were told 3-4 hours for everything.  It took 2 days.  But they were friendly and cheerful and we only had to pay for the loaner for the first day and second day they paid.

It was enough to send out a snail mail notification, that is justification enough for me. 

Wonder how long it takes to install

Wingrider, we had ours done this week along with an oil change, tire rotation, 23 point inspection, battery test, brake test ............... 1.5 hours.  Checked in at 9:30 am, checked out at 11:00 am.  (So quick, I am inquiring to be sure they actually did all of the above - wish I had marked the tires)  The 13C07, Reprogram Instrument Cluster was first, and showed itself to me after pick up, in that I had to reset my personal preferences for the driver dash gauges:  enhanced trip, my view, right display.....     Nick

PS  A nice 4 page report and really great service !!!

Edited by C-MaxSea

Wingrider, we had ours done this week along with an oil change, tire rotation, 23 point inspection, battery test, brake test ............... 1.5 hours.  Checked in at 9:30 am, checked out at 11:00 am.  (So quick, I am inquiring to be sure they actually did all of the above - wish I had marked the tires)  The 13C07, Reprogram Instrument Cluster was first, and showed itself to me after pick up, in that I had to reset my personal preferences for the driver dash gauges:  enhanced trip, my view, right display.....     Nick

PS  A nice 4 page report and really great service !!!

time is not my friend during the day, I work a 1:30 PM to 9:30 PM patrol so I budget daytime hours carefully, will call dealer and see if they know for sure

I got this notice and tested what happens when I open the door when the car is in park but turned on. The chime sounds repeatedly, and if I get out of the car with my keys while the car is on, the horn toots at me repeatedly. Not sure at all why I got the recall notice! I haven't had any recall work done yet....got four notices piled up now, but I am happy with my car just the way if is, and am very nervous about letting the dealership muck around with it!

LaurasCmax we were similar to you.  We got our SEL in November 2012 and everything has worked just fine including MFT.  Mileage has never been as advertised except early summer before we used air conditioning.  We dragged our heels until mid October for getting any upgrades and then had a long list.  The upgrades seemed to go okay--other than they kept the car over night because of not using an ethernet cable on day one. MFT after is still  good, one kick is good, not sure about the chime as I think it was fine before the upgrade,  Mileage got very much worse after the upgrade, but I gather that is normal.  Also the weather is getting cooler and we put snow tires on the week before the upgrades so it is hard to know why it got so bad.  I suspect the snow tires are a real factor as they sure whine and change the ride.  I was scared of going in, and I won't be quick in the future to rush in for minor ones.  But in the over all scope of things, they did better than I expected.

Edited by Laurel

Thanks Laurel...I think I may let them do the minor ones first, like the lift gate and b-pillar padding and see how it goes before I let them change how the car operates. I got my car in March 2013 and have had zero problems with anything. Even my crappy old cell phone synced with MFT. I have 3600 miles on it and my MPG last fill up was 43, and I am pleased as punch with that! Lifetime MPG is 40.6. My old Murano only got 18 mpg and it was rated 24 and never got anywhere close to that over the 8 years I drove it.

I'm not sure how they will react to only doing some of the recalls.  I suppose we should have the option, but they may say they have to do everything to keep the warranty valid.  I think for us we won't really know the impact of the fuel adjustments until next Spring/Summer.  I do know they were done as the EV+ locations disappeared.  Also we could stay in EV up to 100 kilometers an hour /60mph in the past and I noticed on the freeway that briefly I could get EV at 110 kilometers per hour.  But I noticed overall it was much harder to stay in EV on the freeway after the upgrades.  We are satisfied with our car too so I really didn't want them mucking around with it, but I think that they have our best interest at heart so things will work out.

Regarding dealer reaction to doing all or just some of the updates, I'd guess they will insist on doing all the recalls (vs FSA's, TSB's, SSM's, etc.) due to potential liability issues.  As I recall (no pun intended), there are only 2 actual recalls, this one and the headliner padding.

Cheers.

Could someone "Quote" the professional?

I would like to see his professional comments on whether he has to preform all the recalls that are listed on FordEtis when a car comes in.

Thanks

wab

When they write the repair order, the dealers run an Oasis on the V.I.N.  Anything that comes up as a recall is a mandatory repair action.

I was trying to find a little more detail on the 13c07 recall from those who have had it applied:

1. Do you lose your lifetime MPG when you shut the car off? (new "feature" in late 2013/2014 models)
  2. Does it chime only when the door is opened with the car running, or any time the door is opened (because the key is "always" in the ignition any time its in the car).
  3. Does this disable the honk twice (please!) if you shut the door without the key in the car, when it is on, replacing with the chime?
Edited by cmaxmd