body panel alignment and fit

smithpa

I have noticed that many body panels of my C Max are not flush with each other at gaps.  Some panels stick out a little relative to the adjacent panel.  It's easily noticeable by running a finger along the gap between the panels, and noticeable visually if one is looking for it.  How is the fit and finish on other people's C Maxes?

I have noticed that many body panels of my C Max are not flush with each other at gaps.  Some panels stick out a little relative to the adjacent panel.  It's easily noticeable by running a finger along the gap between the panels, and noticeable visually if one is looking for it.  How is the fit and finish on other people's C Maxes?

I agree with you smithpa. I think the fit is a little weak.  Some of the hood & hatch gaps are a bit wide, perhaps engineered to allow for sloppier assembly?  I've also noticed the in/out on some panel to panel connections at the wheel well to be off a scosh.  Perhaps some due to first year, but not as good as it could/should be.  I can easily live with the fit, knowing I'm not driving a Ferrari (or even an Audi) 

Hope they improve the hatch & hood fit in future models, if possible.

(PS My C-Max fit is better than my 93 BMW, and 2001 VW though)

Edited by C-MaxSea