No Problems Mon

PapaJ

+1

At 11K miles, the car's been in twice, for an oil change at 5.,6K and for recall/updates at 11.2K. Total cost $0. Highway mileage pre-PCM update isn't stellar, but back road mileage certainly exceeds original EPAs...

Perhaps there's a place for a No Problems, Mon" thread!

HAve fun,

Frank

I agree it's been a good car, with 11, 000 miles and only been to shop for updates and once to check A/C to make sure everything was ok. As stated in another thread Forita has been in the garage for weeks at at time with no problems of starting. All these negative threads about the C Max are hurting our values. I check on car complaint the other night and this forum was mention as where they were getting the complaints. Again I have reg SE with stock radio and nav, no power seats etc. and turn everything off when I leave car just like all my other autos.

I thought this forum was created for C Max owners to share the things we like about our C Max and discuss . But lately I see how to go about doing lemons laws, buy backs etc. Yes you will get your money back but what about else that still have C Max and are beginning to lose value on our cars because of the constant negative reports.

Hey PapaJ,

Going across the causeway coming out of New Orleans, Forita hit the 47 mpg after getting the last update last month.I am so proud of her.

Cannot wait to take her to FL. this Thanksgiving. Thanks for starting this thread about the good things our C Max does.

I am happy for you owners who have had positive experiences so far.

I, unfortunately, am one of the many owners who has experienced the 12v battery going dead multiple times.  This is such a serious problem that Ford really has to come up with an answer.  I love my C-Max but have to face reality:  a car that won't start reliably is worthless.

21,000+ miles since Dec 2012. 6 days in the shop to fix the GPS module and the 13b07 and the 3.5.2 update - each time, Galpin Ford provided a rental for me in those days. Sure, this is the 4th car we bought from them (3 Jaguars and this CMax) and that is WHY we keep buying cars from them, they treat us well and they take care of us. And the next Jaguar replacement we will also buy from them...MKZ, XF...we dunno yet but we have some more miles to burn in the Vanden Plas  Jaguar before then.

Fit quality and finish of my Maxine who is an SEL is on par with the Jaguar. You would only notice if you sat side by side with the Jaguar having a plus leather seating and better quality leather that you touch...but all and all....for a non-high end car, the CMax fit & finish really is superb.

I am BEYOND Happy with this car, build and most of all MPGs. I am rawking an average 63+ MPG total per day with the Gas Pods.

BobJustBob, while I understand your frustration perhaps its time to consider a buy back. Right now, there are ton of very satisfied CMax owners and a handful of dead battery owners. Yes, Ford knows its a serious issue and lets hope they fix it permamently - and they acknowledge its an on-going issue and have been trying - just look at some of the reponses in the Dead Battery thread. Its not like they are ignoring it. Also, Ford is not going to be the 1st Car Company NOT to have any issues with a 1st Gen...a few days ago, I saw on the news Toyota having to do a 100,000+ recalls on the Camry and Avalon hybrids for guess what - an air bag issue. How long has air bags been around and the still can't get it right. Yes, its crap and sometimes we are dealt bad hands but thats why there are warranty and lemon laws - use them.

In the meantime, perhaps you should consider pushing for a buy back/lemon law as this frustration will grow and grow and lets face it, you'll be p*ssed to hear or see others say good things about the CMax and it becomes a grudge against us. I speak direct.

So to finish on a funny story, I got to drive a 2013 XF last night (Galpin's car loaner to my wife while her Vanden Plas is in service with them for 2 weeks). So the wife goes "Start the car honey". It's a push button start - like my SEL. So I did just that. Cool.

The lights are on. I am ready to go.

Press the pedal. Can't get it into gear. WTF?

"Start the car honey!"

Oh....its in Accessory mode. Drrrrh.....so press to turn it off, then I pressed HARD on the brakes and press and hold the START button till the engine ROARed on.

Ssssh, the 2013 XF ain't no Stealth Bomber.

LOL. Have a great weekend guys :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

My car had the headliner update done before I bought it.  I have not been back to the dealer for anything.

I did have my audio system flake out, but I cleared the communication error codes and it's been fine ever since.

I did update my software the day after I purchased my C-Max.  I updated my IDS last week and will chack for the latest

updates today.  My car has been working just fine.  My lifetime MPG number is 68 mpg.  That's worth a few first year

bugs, in my book :happy feet: I just turned 3500 miles :love_shower:

Edited by drdiesel1

I'm just rolling up to 10,000, and aside from the sync and computer updates the only visit to the dealer was for a broken windshield wiper blade (oh, and a tire rotation/oil change).

I don't think most people expressing their displeasure at problems experienced are trying to bash the car, but just expressing frustration with their continued issues.  I doubt if there is ANY model car that has 100% satisfaction.  I feel lucky :headspin: that I've been problem free, and have had good experiences with dealer and the car.  Mileage is slowly going up, still love to drive the little beastie. 

Expressing the good and the bad is, I think, a valuable service of this forum.

I just cannot believe this car, another 47 mpg today while in the city of New Orleans. Forita is a gift from above. The best part I am driving it just like my other car, not like my friend who has a Toyota and told me you have to drive slow to get the 40's mpg. I think he is ready to come over to the Ford side now. Lol

Here's my first post on this forum. We bought the C-Max Hybrid as a replacement for my wife's 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee at the end of September and have 1700 miles on it so far. We have had no problems yet, but I have been nervously watching the 12V battery threads since we got rid of the Jeep for having starting problems. Today, I got 81.1 mpg on the way home from the dog park, nowhere close to the 122.6 mpg my wife got last week coming home from a restaurant. Our vehicle average is 40.5 right now and climbing pretty quickly as we learn to drive it efficiently. The best part for me is that I'm improving my mileage in my 2005 Mustang GT as I apply the driving habits that I am learning from the C-Max. The fit and finish on this car is very good, and it has plenty of room to haul our two 65 pound dogs around. I'm impressed so far!

Approaching 4000 miles and have taken in my Hybrid for the headliner recall, the PCM update and the handsfree liftgate fix. I did the MFT 3.6.2 (was it?) myself. I now have requested grille covers from ptjones, since the temps (and my mileage) are dropping quickly here in Wisconsin (already!?). All-in-all, I'd definitely say, "no problems, mon" as there have been no other issues on this car. I'm VERY happy!

6k miles. 6 months. 9 extra visits. 10th one scheduled. The GPS module is on the way. 

Dead battery - once. No sound - once. 

Manufacturer is asking about the alterations like tinted windows or replaced tires or aftermarket electronic accessories.

AVG MPG up to 41.9 (after the mileage update recalls and reset). No eco-driving. Cannot do it because the drivers in NJ are not aware of speed limits. 

I am counting days from one visit to another. Looking like a fool at a dealership. Calm. Yet frustrated. Cooperating. Waiting patiently for the resolution. Counting weeks and maybe months.

Otherwise the car is PERFECT. I am not sarcastic. Except for three major issues the car is just perfect (not only for me).

BTW: I just paid my 1st ticket ever - "No-Turn-On-Red" - Red-light camera and I am $85 poorer. I was late 1.5 second.