Need to hear from the ladies out there . . . re: key fob.

I've always carried ALL of my keys on one key ring.  I'm wondering if I should switch it up and now carry my C-Max fob by itself and just let it stay in my purse at all times, or if I should continue to keep ALL my keys together on one ring.  The C-Max fob seems a little big to be carrying around all the time.   How do you manage your C-Max key fob?

I'm not one of the lady's here, but it would be a good idea to keep the FOB separate for a few good reasons.

#1 It's likely that the FOB could be activated without you knowing it from other keys/rings pressing on the buttons

while in your purse or from the pressure as the purse is moved and knocked about. You could unknowingly

unlock the car or even worse, roll down all the windows if the button is pushed for 2 seconds.

#2  You don't need the key or the fob to get into the car, (unless you don't have the SMART access system ?)

so why have it added to the other keys/rings just to make a bigger handful of stuff to deal with. (If you don't have the

Smart system you're adding weight to the lock cylinder and adding potential damage to it)

I have my house key attached to my FOB and keep it separate from all other vehicle keys. It's less hassle

than carrying around a wad of keys and FOB's, plus the other Smart keys, FOB's can interfere with other signals.

I've already see where other members have found their cars with the windows down the next morning.

Some have posted about the hatch being open too ;)

Edited by drdiesel1

I carry my fob with my keys on it, but I only have two keys as we have keyless entry to our house and garage.  My fob with my keys is in my small little purse and sits in a separate compartment from the other junk so it is somewhat protected.  Nearly a year of doing it this way and no mysterious window opening etc. Make sure your fob has its keys inside as ours came without and had to be ordered.

Thanks for all of your helpful replies.  One more question.... this little tag was on the key ring when we bought our C-Max.  What do these symbols mean?

attachicon.gifc max key tag.jpg

To remote start car: Click lock and then the circular arrow symbol (top of pad) twice.

To remote stop car: Click the circular arrow symbol.

I'd love to find a kyfob holder that slips over the fob and completely covers/protects all the switches. I very rarely press them (probably more often for them to get pressed accidentally).