2013 Hybrid wiring diagram?

Hi

I'm installing a powered taillight converter and am trying to identify the wires to tap into for Stop/Tail/Turn lights.

I tried with a multi-meter and the results didn't make any sense, so I'm looking for a wiring diagram that shows the circuit wire color coding. So far I'm not having much luck. Does anyone have access to wiring diagrams?

Thanks

I don't have the diagrams printed out (and my workshop manual subscription has expired) for the actual lamp connections, but I do have the wire colors that come from the BCM (Body Control Module), which may or may not stay the same on their way to the back of the car. Those are:

Backup: Green-Brown

Parking: Violet-Green

Turn: Grey-Orange

Stop: Violet-Brown

Ground: Black-White

Edited by jdbob

Perfect! Yes those are the colors at the lap connectors.

That's exactly what I needed.

Thank you sir.

I asked the dealer and they said since Ford did not offer or install tow packages on the C-Max Hybrid, they could not help. 

I reminded them Ford does install tow packages on the C-Max in Europe.

Cheers!

There are a few people on here that do light towing, most use the hitch for hauling bicycles etc.

If I get a different motorcycle I might (maybe) pull it to Colorado next yr.

Here's what you have to worry about.

frm the owners manual, your pg # may be different

"Towing pg. 243

WARNING: Never tow a trailer with this vehicle. Your vehicle is

not equipped to tow. No towing packages are available through

an authorized dealer."

Depending on your state laws you could have a problem if you have an accident.

Thanks wab:

I don't think any state laws are the issue here. I am aware that there are some roads across the country designated as no trailers. I've been on several of them but never towing a trailer. I don't not think there are any state laws that would prevent me from legally towing a trailer with the C-Max.

I will be adding a towing hitch to my motorcycle soon as well. This will break the factory warranty with regard to suspension components that will begin to wear abnormally from the added loads and stresses, but that is my choice to make. 

Similarly, back in 1979, I bought a new Honda Goldwing. At that time, Honda did not offer fairings, saddle bags, and trunks for them either and had the similar dire warnings.

We all installed Vetter Windjammer fairings and touring luggage anyway. A few years later, Honda recognized the error of their ways and started selling motorcycles that were equipped the way their customer's wanted.

I suspect that Ford's reluctance to offer towing packages here in the USA has more to do with making EPA model efficiency standards than anything else. It's certainly not a power or structural limitation on the C-Max.

Be well

• 9 years later...

Multi-meter not making sense is putting it lightly (driver's side.)  I'm doing same thing and had no problem with passenger side turn signal.  The white plug for driver's/passenger's side lights has 4 wires, not the 5 listed above.  Hope I can just ignore Backup/Green-White.  If I get it working, I'll list the wire designation left to right with the connector clip up.

Regarding towing, Ford has to be confident of some size trailer (usually <1,000lbs) in all conditions in order to approve.  The EV makes it a little weird so they don't.  I'll pull light trailer in EV-Later mode.

Update:  There are some strange voltage readings off the white tail light clip.  I used a clamp on amp meter and pulled the light assembly apart as if I was changing the bulbs so I could follow the bulb circuitry.  The ground/neg wire is the slightly larger black/white wire on the end.  Next to that is the turn signal contact.  The next contact is the brake light going to the bottom filament.  The next/last contact is the tail light going to the top filament.

After all of that, my new Tekonsha (clamp on ferrite rings) doesn't work.

Edited by ART005