Only 30 days til 2014 Job 1

maxed-out

Well.. just 30 days to go until Dec 2. I suppose that all engineering changes to the 2014 model are pretty much decided by now. Really haven't heard anything new on that front since August.

Is there anyone out there who has ordered a 2014 who has an estimated build or delivery date?

Edited by maxed-out

Congrats and welcome Ryan!!! Great color choice, I might add  :rockon: What option package did you get, if I may ask?

You should be able to read thru many of the important posts on the forum and be ready to hit the ground running  (in EV mode, of course) when your new ride arrives. 

Please ask any question you don't find the answer to. Sometimes the search feature leaves a lot to be desired.

This is a great group of people with tons of knowledge who are excited to help new C-MAX drivers get the most from their cars.

want to get the 2014 for my wife. wonder if we should get it ordered up asap or wait for a few to roll off the line first. soon e the new ones will supposedly get better mpg than the 13s they might be in even higher demand so that might mean longer wait times.

Anytime you wait, its always better. Wait enuf, and you will eventually get that 64 core cpu with 64 terabyte of RAM, all in the size of your watch.... but you may be a little skeleton to enjoy it... :twister:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I ordered a 2014 Ford C-Max, Ruby Red with 303 A package;

Retail $28,485   ($120. increase over 2013)

303A Package $3080 (Stays the same as 2013)

Sun Roof  $1315 ($120 increase over 2013)

Dest Charge $795

Ruby Red $395.

Total $34,070  

Less Disc -80.

Total $33,990   (invoice $32,108) Dealer told me would sell at invoice minus discounts offered upon arrival )

Congrats and welcome Ryan!!! Great color choice, I might add  :rockon: What option package did you get, if I may ask?

You should be able to read thru many of the important posts on the forum and be ready to hit the ground running  (in EV mode, of course) when your new ride arrives. 

Please ask any question you don't find the answer to. Sometimes the search feature leaves a lot to be desired.

This is a great group of people with tons of knowledge who are excited to help new C-MAX drivers get the most from their cars.

302A with sunroof. 

I have read many of the posts on the forum and did a TON of research before placing the order so I think I should be all set to go when it finally arrives.  Just got an e-mail yesterday from the dealership that the order has been placed and they are awaiting an official ETA which should come this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to those who have ordered their 2014s!  

I have a sun roof in mine, and I really find it a cost I could do without.  I live in Florida, and for most of the year, it's too dang hot to have the sun roof shade open.  But that's just me.  

My personal feelings on whether to order or wait are these - If you order, you get exactly what you want.  There was some German study done that listed the most popular car colors, and those are the ones that end up on the dealership lot.  So if you want silver, gray, white, or black, you can wait.  But if want a more fun color :) then you should order.  I wanted a candy blue car, but the only one in the state of Florida was in Miami, and the dealer refused to do a dealer trade for it.  I settled for ruby red and that dealer was about an hour and a half away, but he does a lot of trading with my dealer, so he was okay giving up his only red one.

Side story - two weeks later, my dealer ended up with a candy blue C-Max on their lot and I yelled, "You're killing me!!"  They said I could turn mine in and buy the blue one, but I was so burnt out on car buying I decided to stick with the red.

12/02/13

Well.. today's the day. The C-Max 2014 model year has begun. Two weeks of production followed by a planned one-week shutdown, apparently mostly due to excess Focus inventory at dealerships.. but perhaps a few excess C-Max's as well. Might start to see the new model year at dealers by around the end of this month.

Edited by maxed-out

• 2 weeks later...

WHY on earth would you not take a bigger discount on a 2013. I saw the Ford website and to my eye the cars look identical so my guess is they are probably going to stick with the revise MPG's but I have averaged the 47 during Spring/Fall and times of Summer on my 2013. BTW I even saw where car max had some low mileage used ones on their lots too.

Just randomly checking dealer inventory today (Dec 15) on inventory.ford.com, I notice that several dealers around the country already have 2014 C-Max's delivered to them. One dealer even had 5, although most had only one or two. For some reason, all the 2014 models delivered so far seem to be Energi model. Energi must have been all that they were making on the first few days of the new model production run.

The window stickers of these 2014 Energi's show the same EPA ratings as the 2013 model did, although that may only be because the 2014 model hasn't been mileage tested yet.

Edited by maxed-out