I love the auto-wipers

I live in a semi-arid climate so back when the salesman pointed out the auto-wiper feature during the test drive I just rolled my eyes; however, I quickly learned what a cool feature it is.  Today, I spent several hours in all kinds of rain; everything for light mist to frog strangling downpours that flooded the road (45mph in a 75mph zone).  This isn't a pic  of the my south Texas seashore  :camera: it's inland farmland.

null_zps1f95665c.jpg

On the way back home after dark, I realized I had never touched the wiper stalk.  One less worry during a hectic drive.  Great car. :happy feet:   :rockon:

Edited by fotomoto

I like this feature as well but I seem to have to play with the sensitivity too much for my liking.

With autumn here we are getting more rain. Sometimes its a light drizzle and sometimes its a downpour. I would expect the auto wipers to accommodate both and everything in between. It does pretty well with the light stuff (drizzle, occasional drops) but doesn't clear as much when the rain is really strong. Having to change the sensitivity seems to defeat the purpose of a "set and forget" system. Still, I like the feature and it is the default that the wiper stalk is set at.

I set mine at 3 clicks up on the dial and it always seems to work perfectly for me.  I didn't realize how much I liked it until we picked up a new F-150 in August.  I kept on having to play around with the dial during a trip in some misty showers in the mountains.  It was really annoying after not having to do it for years with my Explorer and then the C-Max.  I am now thinking that this will have to be standard with any new vehicle for us now.

I've used RainX for years, but have yet to convert the C-Max to a hydrophobic windshield (treat the glass and replace washer fluid). As a result, I love auto wipers as I'm already accustomed to a little water on the glass...

Just another of those little things I've done for years to amuse myself, that fit the C-Max like a tailored suit.

HAve fun,

Frank

• 2 weeks later...