Another Tesla fire

wab

Nothng like buying a new 120K Pinto :sos:

I am so tired of people overstating the price of a Model S. The average price paid for an S is $70,000. You can get them far cheaper than that with the base battery and options. You cannot even spec one as high as $120,000........

Let's get our facts straight.

Matt

Edited by Recumpence

Let's get our facts straight.

The Volt just turned 50,000 units sold worldwide with over a half of a billion miles travelled collectively.  With those kinds of numbers, there have been more than few bad accidents over the years like this one:

http://www.plugincars.com/chevy-volt-totaled-collision-school-bus-occupants-unharmed-110117.html

and this one:

http://www.hybridcars.com/young-woman-in-chevy-volt-survives-severe-drunk-driver-crash/

and not one battery fire.  Give the low numbers of the newer Tesla sales and miles travelled in comparison, three fires is a huge discrepancy IMO that points to an achilles heel in their initial skateboard battery design.   They need to fix it and fix it fast.

Gotcha.

I just find it odd that every web site that mentions a Tesla fire has someone saying the same darn thing;

"I would never pay $100+K for a fire trap" and it just absolutely gets under my skin. Only the highest priced, tricked out Tesla is $100K (and not even quite that high), not $120K.

Just like when a customer of mine complains that they "Took the day off of work to meet me."  When, truth be told, they told their boss they would come in an hour late to meet me there at 8AM.

I just want people to use correct data when they are trying to make a point especially a negative one.......

Matt

Gotcha.

I just find it odd that every web site that mentions a Tesla fire has someone saying the same darn thing;

"I would never pay $100+K for a fire trap" and it just absolutely gets under my skin. Only the highest priced, tricked out Tesla is $100K (and not even quite that high), not $120K.

Just like when a customer of mine complains that they "Took the day off of work to meet me."  When, truth be told, they told their boss they would come in an hour late to meet me there at 8AM.

I just want people to use correct data when they are trying to make a point especially a negative one.......

Matt

I'm so tired of people understating the real OTD cost of cars...... ;)

By the time you drive off the lot with that 92K Tesla, it's close enough to 120K  Let's keep out fact and rants, striaght :drop:

I highly doubt you can buy one at MSRP. Dealer markup's are on all premium vehicles. The dealers will work added fee's

into the deals every chance they get. TT&L is over 10K in most states. Don't forget the add-on's either.

Paying 100K plus for a car is crazy, IMO. Even if I had money to waste, I would buy one.

Edited by drdiesel1

Nothng like buying a new 120K Pinto :sos:

Funny how no one noticed jdbob's contribution amid the noise over pricing...

Remember, folks in the Pinto fires left in body bags. Tesla and other EV owners are all walking away from their accidents. All of them... That's highly significant to every one of them.

How much is your skin worth to you?

Frank

I'm so tired of people understating the real OTD cost of cars...... ;)

By the time you drive off the lot with that 92K Tesla, it's close enough to 120K  Let's keep out fact and rants, striaght :drop:

I highly doubt you can buy one at MSRP. Dealer markup's are on all premium vehicles. The dealers will work added fee's

into the deals every chance they get. TT&L is over 10K in most states. Don't forget the add-on's either.

Paying 100K plus for a car is crazy, IMO. Even if I had money to waste, I would buy one.

A friend of mine bought a new Model S for $72,000 out the door.

My facts ARE straight........

Matt

Uh, huh.........

You are still wrong, plain and simple. The high end car is under $100,000.

Just admit it, you are over exadurating to make a point (in incorrect point at that).

Also, he did not buy the base model, he bought the mid size battery. Tesla dealers will work with you. They do not automatically overcharge people.

Matt

Uh, huh.........

You are still wrong, plain and simple. The high end car is under $100,000.

Just admit it, you are over exadurating to make a point (in incorrect point at that).

Also, he did not buy the base model, he bought the mid size battery. Tesla dealers will work with you. They do not automatically overcharge people.

Matt

I guess they changed strategy after the fires... So when you getting one ?

Edited by drdiesel1

When someone dies and leaves me a wad of cash.   :)

He bought his before any of the fires.

I am not adicted to the thought of owning a Tesla. Actually, I would much rather have a roadster than a Model S. But, I can say they are very good cars. Nothing is perfect.

Matt

Edited by Recumpence

When someone dies and leaves me a wad of cash.   :)

He bought his before any of the fires.

I am not adicted to the thought of owning a Tesla. Actually, I would much rather have a roadster than a Model S. But, I can say they are very good cars. Nothing is perfect.

Matt

Yeah!  We always would see them testing the roadsters on the backroads out here. Nice cars, but not priced to meet my needs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...