Perimeter Security

On the last page of the PDF M-Max brochure I downloaded from the Ford website it says that one of the features is a "Perimeter Alarm". This is listed in the Exterior Features in the brochure. Does anyone know what this means? I have been trying to locate an online C-Max manual to try to figure out what it means but I can'l locate a C-Max manual on the Ford website.

I read this on line:

Anti-theft Systems<p class="definitionBodyBullet">

• Perimeter anti-theft alarm system
  • Guards the vehicle’s doors, hood and trunk/lift gate. When an unauthorized entry occurs, the system trigger sand will:– Flash the head lamps, parking lamps and theft-indicator lamp on the instrument panel
  • Sound the horn. Note: It will not be triggered by breaking glass or entry into the vehicle through a window. The perimeter anti-theft alarm system is designed to work with the factory-installed Remote Keyless Entry System.SecuriLock® passive anti-theft ignition system
  • Uses a sophisticated electronically coded ignition key to start the vehicle. The system is designed to help prevent the engine from being started unless a coded key programmed to the vehicle is used. There is no battery on the key itself; the small amount of energy required to identify the key is supplied by the vehicle
  • SecuriLock is designed so that it is not necessary for the driver to follow any procedure to arm the system. It is automatically armed when the key is removed from the ignition and is disarmed when the key is reinserted into the ignition
  • Spare keys will be available from dealerships. Customers can program their keys by using each original (2) key in the proper sequence and finally inserting a new key for programming (see Owner’s Guide for more details)
  • There are billions of possible codes