Remote Start Duration

Don't forget to program your defrosters front and rear to come on when it's cold enough. You can also program the mirrors to defrost for you  when remote starting. The car will turn them all on during remote start  if it is cold enough. If not it will not turn them on. I love it. Car is all warmed up and defrosted when I get in and I don't have to turn anything on the night before. It will do it all by itself.

Remote Start can be set to 5, 10 or 15 minutes duration in the Settings Menu on the left screen.  Manual page 125.

I love remote start when its 110 here!

Only the Energi lets you adjust those settings, because the energi has bulit-in remote start.  For the hybrid it's a Ford accessory.

Unfortunately, I can't remember if you can adjust the delay or have the dealer do it.

I love remote start when its 110 here!

+1  Yeah, that's why I first stating buying aftermarket units before they were readily available on new cars.  Get that a/c going while I walked up giving the compressor a headstart on cooling down the vents in the dash so I didn't get a blast of hot air to the face upon start up.   The CMax in auto mode does this too by slowly ramping up the fan speed as the compressor comes "on line".  Nice touch.

Edited by fotomoto

Only the Energi lets you adjust those settings, because the energi has bulit-in remote start.  For the hybrid it's a Ford accessory.

Unfortunately, I can't remember if you can adjust the delay or have the dealer do it.

My SEL has the settings for 5, 10, 15 mins. I don't have a plug in. I ordered mine with remote start from the factor. It wasn't a dealer add on, I asked when it came in.

+1  Yeah, that's why I first stating buying aftermarket units before they were readily available on new cars.  Get that a/c going while I walked up giving the compressor a headstart on cooling down the vents in the dash so I didn't get a blast of hot air to the face upon start up.   The CMax in auto mode does this too by slowly ramping up the fan speed as the compressor comes "on line".  Nice touch.

Mine can start the defrosters as well as the air conditioning. I love it.

My SEL has the settings for 5, 10, 15 mins. I don't have a plug in. I ordered mine with remote start from the factor. It wasn't a dealer add on, I asked when it came in.

Is the remote start a separate fob?  If it is, it's a dealer add-on.  Unless something changed (my car is one year old), the normal hybrid did not come with built-in remote start.  Remote start was an option on the order sheet from the factory, but the dealer still installed it when they got the car.  I'd be surprised if they changed this mid-model year, but they could have.

Edited by zhackwyatt

I just checked the factory website and the only remote start option is a $395 dealer installed item with separate FOB's.

Do you have a link to the site you checked.  I think the SEL with MFT has this feature standard.

If you looked at a parts and accessory fishe, you're probably looking at add on stuff for all FoMoCo vehicles ???

Is the remote start a separate fob?  If it is, it's a dealer add-on.  Unless something changed (my car is one year old), the normal hybrid did not come with built-in remote start.  Remote start was an option on the order sheet from the factory, but the dealer still installed it when they got the car.  I'd be surprised if they changed this mid-model year, but they could have.

I have only one fob. You press the lock button once and the start button twice to start the car. I can program the duration 5,10,15 mins. in settings and even program to turn on the heat or air to warm or cool the car to my preset temp. I can program it to turn on the defrosters in the mirrors, rear window and windsheid if it is below freezing. It was installed at the factory. I asked the salesman when I picked up the car if they had to install the remote start. He said no it came in with it already installed.

I did'nt realize until now that my Maxie SEL is different than some others.

I have only one fob. You press the lock button once and the start button twice to start the car. I can program the duration 5,10,15 mins. in settings and even program to turn on the heat or air to warm or cool the car to my preset temp. I can program it to turn on the defrosters in the mirrors, rear window and windsheid if it is below freezing. It was installed at the factory. I asked the salesman when I picked up the car if they had to install the remote start. He said no it came in with it already installed.

I did'nt realize until now that my Maxie SEL is different than some others.

Which is why I'm so confused, lol. This is the first I've heard of a non-Energi having built-in remote start from the factory.

IIRC,when I started getting serious about getting a CMax in late winter/early spring, a remote start was on my shopping list and the ford website was still showing it as factory installed option.  I also recall there was a thread here that had pics of different mounting locations for the receivers that differentiated the two.  Again IIRC, the dealer item mounted the receiver on the passenger side upper A-piller.  

Can Robertiv and JohnnOhio confirm locations?

IIRC,when I started getting serious about getting a CMax in late winter/early spring, a remote start was on my shopping list and the ford website was still showing it as factory installed option.  I also recall there was a thread here that had pics of different mounting locations for the receivers that differentiated the two.  Again IIRC, the dealer item mounted the receiver on the passenger side upper A-piller.  

Probably talking about my posts, since I had both the normal remote start and the bi-directional at one point in time.

Non-bidirectional: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/313-remote-start-questions/?p=2747

Bidirectional: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/313-remote-start-questions/?p=6978

Of course, thats where my dealer chose to install them.

JohnnOhio I'm assuming you have none of these.  The ones integrated from the factory usually have the antennas completely hidden.

Check ETIS,  selecting "minor features" at the lower right. You should get a list of all features, telling if you have them (with) or you don't (less). For example, my car has the pano roof, but doesn't have a spare tyre, immersion heater or remote start.

Frank

Minor Features

• Medium Light Stone Interior
  • With Roof Conversion-Panorama Roof
  • ACC Media Hub 2XUSB+AV+SD Slot
  • With Power Liftgate
  • With Automatic Windscreen Wiper
  • With Front Licence Plate Bracket
  • Belt D & P Fr 1 & 2 Row/D Kne Bag
  • Tether Anchorage Restraint-Style 2
  • 17" Alloy Wheel Style 2
  • Less Spare Tyre
  • Less Immersion Heater
  • Less Remote Starter
  • 50 State Emission Requirements

Mine is Factory installed and is hidden