Remote Start Duration

AH HA and now we know what happened to you and 13B07.

If I was you EVERY TIME I took my car in I would hold the fob in both hands tell the service writer tried to take it.

Then say

"REPEAT AFTER ME this car has the factory installed remote start!"

Edited by wab

AH HA and now we know what happened to you and 13B07.

If I was you EVERY TIME I took my car in I would hold the fob in both hands tell the service writer tried to take it.

Then say

"REPEAT AFTER ME this car has the factory installed remote start!"

LMAO!!!!!!!!  I must have a one of a kind SEL. I figured the only way to prove I have factory installed remote start was to take some pics. Any questions?

Probably talking about my posts, since I had both the normal remote start and the bi-directional at one point in time.

Bidirectional: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/313-remote-start-questions/?p=6978

BINGO!  Yes, that's the thread I remembered reading.   Thanks.

Fotomoto, I am in Waukesha (suburb of Milwaukee), WI, however, after I ordered, the dealership found my car down in central IL and had it driven up. 

Thanks Robert but it was the receiver location I was referring too.

So I'm not the only one.  :happy feet:

Oh I don't think there was ever any doubt by anyone here as to you having this rare accessory but just how to identify factory vs. dealer units and their differences.    The factory unit certainly appears to be the better choice with it built into the FOB and more features so I wonder why they dropped it for dealer installs with a separate FOB?

Oh I don't think there was ever any doubt by anyone here as to you having this rare accessory but just how to identify factory vs. dealer units and their differences.    The factory unit certainly appears to be the better choice with it built into the FOB and more features so I wonder why they dropped it for dealer installs with a separate FOB?

My guess is the aftermarket ones are cheaper. The trade off is 2 fobs and no programing options. I'd rather pay a little more and get the good stuff.

My guess is the aftermarket ones are cheaper. The trade off is 2 fobs and no programing options. I'd rather pay a little more and get the good stuff.

IMO, factory isn't superior.  Mine will go up to 1000 ft and is bi-directional, so will tell you that the car was actually in range and received the signal.  It is the Ford system too, not 3rd party.

I'm curious as to when Ford did this.  I have the keyless entry w/ push button start, but only have the 3 buttons on my Fob (lock, unlock, liftgate).  There doesn't appear to be a way to configure the car w/ factory remote start on the website (from what I can find).

IMO, factory isn't superior.  Mine will go up to 1000 ft and is bi-directional, so will tell you that the car was actually in range and received the signal.  It is the Ford system too, not 3rd party.

I'm curious as to when Ford did this.  I have the keyless entry w/ push button start, but only have the 3 buttons on my Fob (lock, unlock, liftgate).  There doesn't appear to be a way to configure the car w/ factory remote start on the website (from what I can find).

Keyless entry isn't the same as the Smart Key system with the touch handle feature.

Don't know when you got yours. I ordered mine Feb. 2. The build date was Feb 28. Recieved the car from the dealership on March 16.

Keyless entry isn't the same as the Smart Key system with the touch handle feature.

Where are you seeing the term Smart Key?  Keyless entry is the keycode on the outside door (standard for many Ford vehicles, add-on for C-Max) so I did misspeak about that.  I think the correct term is Intelligent Access Entry.  I have Intelligent Access, with a type 1 fob (as seen in the User manual).   The folks with factory remote start have a type 2 fob.  In the first printing of the manual this was listed: Remote Start (C-MAX Energi Only).  Apparently they have made changes.

Don't know when you got yours. I ordered mine Feb. 2. The build date was Feb 28. Recieved the car from the dealership on March 16.

Mine was built and received in Nov of 2012.

I think the remote start might be part of the Smart Key system package ????attachicon.gifDSC_0002.jpg

Where are you seeing the term Smart Key?  Keyless entry is the keycode on the outside door (standard for many Ford vehicles, add-on for C-Max) so I did misspeak about that.  I think the correct term is Intelligent Access Entry.  I have Intelligent Access, with a type 1 fob (as seen in the User manual).   The folks with factory remote start have a type 2 fob.  In the first printing of the manual this was listed: Remote Start (C-MAX Energi Only).  Apparently they have made changes.

Mine was built and received in Nov of 2012.

The image above shows my FOB.

I have the sensors on my door handles. It's a factory designed system and comes from the factory as is.

No add-on system. I don't know the exact term for it. I didn't bother to look it up.  It's standard on my Energi. 

It's the next level up from they push button start system from what I understand.

Edited by drdiesel1

IMO, factory isn't superior.  Mine will go up to 1000 ft and is bi-directional, so will tell you that the car was actually in range and received the signal.  

That is great range compared to some of the ones I've had over the years; however, the phone based apps like the Energi and Volt use are basically limitless and aren't obstructed by buildings,  line of sight issues, etc.

OK, that jibes with the time I first started looking on ford.com at the CMax and could build it then with the factory remote.

I think, I picked up the term Smart Key up from my Toyota :drop:

Yes you are and I do it too.  "Intelligent access key" is a mouth full.  

Another +1 for my SEL Hybrid with remote start, dealer installed with a separate fob and no settings available in the car's menu system.

Same here. When I bought my CMax over a year ago I was told remote starts factory installed had some problems so I'd have to wait for an updated one to have dealer installed. Separate fob and no directions or guide. It seems to be 10 minutes in duration but I've never timed it.

Same here. When I bought my CMax over a year ago I was told remote starts factory installed had some problems so I'd have to wait for an updated one to have dealer installed. Separate fob and no directions or guide. It seems to be 10 minutes in duration but I've never timed it.

Haven't had any problems with mine. I only use it on frosty morning so I can come out to a warm car and all windows and mirrors defrosted.( no frost or ice don't use it)  In the summer I use the role all windows down feature to let the hot air out before I get in. I park it with a sun shade in the windshield and have tinted windows so it's not too hot inside.

They installed an aftermarket unit on my CMax because we got the alarm too - DO NOT GET IT INSTALLED.  It only works with key fob, does not work with the key-less entry, and does not work if you lock the doors from the inside.  If you lock the car with a key fob and unlock it by grabbing the handle, the alarm will sound.

They installed an aftermarket unit on my CMax because we got the alarm too - DO NOT GET IT INSTALLED.  It only works with key fob, does not work with the key-less entry, and does not work if you lock the doors from the inside.  If you lock the car with a key fob and unlock it by grabbing the handle, the alarm will sound.

Just to be clear, your talking about a 3rd party aftermarket remote start and not the Ford supplied accessory, correct?