Coolant Leak- Manifold

cmaxPA

Just took my 2013 in for recall on instrument cluster, 15000 mile oil change (purchased new May 2013), and to report odd smell when heater on and running on engine.  It took the dealer, working with Ford engineers, 1 1/2 days to figure out the problem. From what I understand, the coolant line runs through the manifold, and it was leaking.  I am pleased they diagnosed the problem, but here is the issue; it is estimated to take 3 days to get the replacement part, then a day to put the car back together.  So... I took my c-max in on Tuesday December 3rd and do not expect it back before Tuesday December 9th.  I called Ford customer service to find out about expediting the part source process, but was told it takes at least 4 days for them to arrive at a resolution.    This is no way to run a company.   As soon as the car is back, I'm trading it for a Prius V.  Loved the C-max, but do not love the service, or lack thereof.

Anybody out there with part source issue stories?

First of all, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.  Secondly, what makes you think Toyota would expedite shipping just for you because you asked?    I've owned four Toyotas and their service is OK but nothing stellar.  It's taken class action lawsuits to get them to own up to serious problems in the Prius line.  I think you need some time to cool off.    

Greeting and Welcome

Glad you asked.

DW bought a new clothes washer a couple of yrs. ago.

It failed within the first month, took 3 weeks (1 waiting for parts) and 3 visits to get it fixed.

Unfortunately you can’t trade a 1 month old washer.

Hopefully when the repairs have been made your cmax will give you no more trouble.

Just took my 2013 in for recall on instrument cluster, 15000 mile oil change (purchased new May 2013), and to report odd smell when heater on and running on engine.  It took the dealer, working with Ford engineers, 1 1/2 days to figure out the problem. From what I understand, the coolant line runs through the manifold, and it was leaking.  I am pleased they diagnosed the problem, but here is the issue; it is estimated to take 3 days to get the replacement part, then a day to put the car back together.  So... I took my c-max in on Tuesday December 3rd and do not expect it back before Tuesday December 9th.  I called Ford customer service to find out about expediting the part source process, but was told it takes at least 4 days for them to arrive at a resolution.    This is no way to run a company.   As soon as the car is back, I'm trading it for a Prius V.  Loved the C-max, but do not love the service, or lack thereof.

Anybody out there with part source issue stories?

What's the big deal?  Was the car not drivable or did they not give you a loaner?  A similar thing happened to me with my 2012 LaCrosse a couple weeks ago.  There was a minor issue with the trunk release - I took it in on a Friday - they had to order parts that would come in on Monday.  I could have come back on Monday, but they offered me a free loaner (choice of a pickup, an Enclave, or a brand new Verano, with 5 miles on it - I chose the Verano) for the weekend and I picked up the LaCrosse on Monday afternoon.

Sorry, I would keep the Cmax, you are going to take a huge financial hit trading with that mileage.  Besides, the Prius V is no where close to the Cmax in driving feel and comfort.

I have a friend that dumped his Prius after repeated issues with accessories and lack of diagnostics to get them fixed the first time.  Unfortunately, he doesn't drive any Hybrid any more....

I agree with wamba2000.  We test drove the Prius V a couple of times.  I think once you have owned the C-Max it would be hard to be happy with the Prius V.  It comes across as not nearly as nice with things like the interior upholstery, the material on the dash, the seat comfort is much less, the pep and pick up is not there.  But it is a fine family vehicle--just does not have the refinement of the C-Max.  It is almost like driving a cheap rental car versus driving a more expensive car.  My husband almost went for it until we drove the C-Max and then you really notice the differences.

Edited by Laurel

CmaxPa

That sounds like a very reasonable repair time to me. Some problems are easy to spot. Your problem required a deeper search to identify, and then the part that needed to be replaced (which you did not identify) sounds like a length of the coolant line or a connector that is not generally expected to be replaced on a regular basis. It is not surprising that your dealer would need to order the part from Michigan. Order it one day, it ships the next day, and maybe is there to be installed on the third day, or the fourth day if you are not near a major airport or shipping center. Then a day to install.

Rachel

A cracked manifold? On a one year old car in the South? How did that happen.

To the forum

Although I think CmaxPA was wrong in his evaluation of his dealer's service and Ford's response time to ship the part, I do not think it is appropriate to respond to a post like this by making statements such as "Wow! Some people just aren't happy with anything."

That's just a personalized insult and mockery. It supplies no information and does not help anyone to better understand their car or how to work with a dealer or Ford to solve problems. It probably discourages some people from posting about their problems, which hurts everyone because we may benefit from knowing that others are having problems similar to our own. It is a line that poster has used repeatedly. If I had a vote, I would vote that it is unacceptable.

Our cmax is in the paint booth right now, took 3 days to get the bumper cover.

There are JUST too many one of a kind parts (manifold/coolant lines) on our cmax, I didn't expect our dealer to have the bumper cover in stock OR at the closest distribution center. BUT if it was a F150 that would be another story.

To the forum

Although I think CmaxPA was wrong in his evaluation of his dealer's service and Ford's response time to ship the part, I do not think it is appropriate to respond to a post like this by making statements such as "Wow! Some people just aren't happy with anything."

That's just a personalized insult and mockery. It supplies no information and does not help anyone to better understand their car or how to work with a dealer or Ford to solve problems. It probably discourages some people from posting about their problems, which hurts everyone because we may benefit from knowing that others are having problems similar to our own. It is a line that poster has used repeatedly. If I had a vote, I would vote that it is unacceptable.

Who asked you to judge the OP or me?

You are not a moderator and I don't care what you think about my response and I'm sure the OP doesn't care what you think about his evaluation of his dealers service either. . We have enough self appointed speech police.

Hitler is dead and the SS was defeated many years ago. Please don't try to resurrect them on this board.

PS... FYI! It's not about you, so go and find something else to complain about.

Edited by drdiesel1

Who asked you to judge the OP or me?...

We, the members, have a right to police this forum whenever posters fail to meet basic standards of conduct.

salman hit the nail on the head, and I've tried to do the same, both privately and in prior posts. We're having a hard time getting through to you. We can get moderators involved if you'd like, but the message is simple: boorish behavior is not tolerated by the members of this forum. You are welcomed to participate, contribute, express your opinions, but only if you do so gracioiusly, extending to others the same courtesy shown to you.

Have fun,

Frank

*sigh* back after sometime, and its the same ole cr*p....

I agree with wamba2000.  We test drove the Prius V a couple of times.  I think once you have owned the C-Max it would be hard to be happy with the Prius V.  It comes across as not nearly as nice with things like the interior upholstery, the material on the dash, the seat comfort is much less, the pep and pick up is not there.  But it is a fine family vehicle--just does not have the refinement of the C-Max.  It is almost like driving a cheap rental car versus driving a more expensive car.  My husband almost went for it until we drove the C-Max and then you really notice the differences.

C'mon the V is a lovely car....4 out of 10 Priis I drive by in my putt-putt-splutter-splutter Matrix is a new V....that says something about these owners. Toyota make good cars and support a good economy that makes great Walkmans.

:twister:

Read it anyway u want...but make sure u :stirpot:  it...

We, the members, have a right to police this forum whenever posters fail to meet basic standards of conduct.

salman hit the nail on the head, and I've tried to do the same, both privately and in prior posts. We're having a hard time getting through to you. We can get moderators involved if you'd like, but the message is simple: boorish behavior is not tolerated by the members of this forum. You are welcomed to participate, contribute, express your opinions, but only if you do so gracioiusly, extending to others the same courtesy shown to you.

Have fun,

Frank

Well said Frank, thanks.

Have fun,

Frank

I get tired of people berating the C-Max because it's not a perfect car.  Good luck with that ;)

The OP is 100% unrealistic about repairs and is just stirring things up. You and the other 3 self appointed moderators

all chime and think everyone is suppose to bow to your opinion.  As a member of this board, I don't think so.

Get over yourself.

Edited by drdiesel1

I don't know how the manifold cracked but it did. My car was 6 months old. It had just been serviced Friday. All checked out. I got in the car Saturday to take a trip and 22 miles on the interstate all hell broke loose.

The part had to be MADE, shipped and installed. Two months.

Both the dealer and Ford said they had never seen that happen in a new car.

So far so good!

I did not see this post in its entirety as I had to leave for my med treatment...

I get tired of people berating the C-Max because it's not a perfect car.  Good luck with that ;)

The OP is 100% unrealistic about repairs and is just stirring things up. You and the other 3 self appointed moderators
all chime and think everyone is suppose to bow to your opinion.  As a member of this board, I don't think so.

Get over yourself.

Enough DrD, telling Frank go "get over yourself" is completely unacceptable. Personal attacks are not condoned and you need to apologize immediately.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I did not see this post in its entirety as I had to leave for my med treatment...

Enough DrD, telling Frank go "get over yourself" is completely unacceptable. Personal attacks are not condoned and you need to apologize immediately.

Nope........ He's always coming into threads and posting his opinion like I should follow his rule.  He has no say in what I post.

His opinion is meaningless to me.  Do whatever you feel necessary, but I will not apologize.

I would quote myself but...,so I'll copy and paste.

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/3071-houston-we-have-a-problem/?hl=houston

from post # 20

:redcard:

Click on your user ID

Click on Manage Ignore Prefs

Under "Add a new user to my list" type the offending user's ID

Click Posts beside  "Ignore:         Posts            Signature           Messages

Click "Save Changes"

:sing_rain: 

Logging of for a few days till this gets resolved.

wab

Nope........ He's always coming into threads and posting his opinion like I should follow his rule.  He has no say in what I post.

His opinion is meaningless to me.  Do whatever you feel necessary, but I will not apologize.

Here's the difference, he doesn't personally attack you like you did with him. Fine, come what may - consider this your 1st and final warning.

wab - thanks for helping out.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

doc, if you only understood that you come across just like the guy who plugged his car in without asking...peas in a pod.

The guy was told not to be on school property earlier and came back and plugged into the outlet.

The statement by the Chief said nothing would have been done if he hadn't returned. I guess it wasn't

as much about the power as it was about the arrogance of the guys attitude over the situation.

From the information I heard, he should have been arrested for both trespassing and theft ;)

You can change that; so can he.

Have fun,

Frank