Official Ford Service Rep

FordService

Hi, everyone!

My name is Ashley and I’m your brand new U.S. Ford Customer Service rep. :)

My primary role here will be to answer any questions you may have about newer models, to assist with vehicle concerns, and to track any vehicle orders you may be placing. I am in the office M – F 2:30 p.m. until 11 p.m., but I will be transitioning to 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the start of 2014. With the holidays around the corner, there will be a few days I won’t be around, but I’ll be sure to post out-of-office messages when necessary.

Generally speaking, I’ll keep my eyes open for any relevant discussion and jump in publicly to assist whenever possible. If you have something you want to talk to me directly about, feel free to send me a PM. The only time I’ll ask you to reach out privately is when I’m looking for personal information, but I’ll make sure you guys (and gals) know what to send over if and when that time comes.

Some items that I probably won’t be able to help with include: older/high-mileage vehicles, details about future vehicles that aren’t yet made public, vehicle modifications, and questions/concerns about in-vehicle technology. We plan to add an agent who specializes in IVT (including SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SiriusXM) in the near future. We’ll be sure to let you know when he or she arrives.

I’m excited to finally be here as part of this community and I’m looking forward to speaking with you all soon!

Ashley

Hello Ashley and welcome!   :happy feet:

I had a "personal advisor" when I owned a Volt that help with service issues and served as a liaison between the customer, the dealer, and the manufacturer.   Any idea if this type of service will come in the future?  Will you be making announcements about updates, recalls, etc?

Edited by fotomoto

Hello Ashley and welcome!   :happy feet:

I had a "personal advisor" when I owned a Volt that help with service issues and served as a liaison between the customer, the dealer, and the manufacturer.   Any idea if this type of service will come in the future?  Will you be making announcements about updates, recalls, etc?

Thanks, fotomoto!

Although we don't have anything like that right now, I do a lot of the things you describe. For example, if you have any concerns with your vehicle, I can help facilitate a conversation between you, your dealer, and our corporate customer service managers to ensure you get taken care of. I guess in that way I am kind of a personal adviser for the members of the forum. :)

As far as announcements go, I will certainly make sure to keep you updated on what is going on as soon as I get the info.

Welcome aboard, I was wondering if you knew when ford would start releasing 2014 CMAX's. I heard from my dealer that the cars have been built, but are going through quality inspection. :)

Paul

Paul,

I don't have that info in front of me, but I will reach out to someone on Monday to see what I can find out for you. :)

Ashley

:congrats:

Welcome aboard the Merry Ship FordCMaxHybridForum - may you have fair winds and smooth sailing always :)

We are a lively family from all over the States and Canada and we have LOTS of fun.

PS For the forum, I'll let the cat out of the bag that :worship:  Robert Lane had worked extremely hard with Ford Motor to bring Ashley on board. Kudos to Robert Lane, who is a very unsung hero here for all the great work on this site as well as being the owner.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum, Ashley! It's fantastic to see Ford's commitment to excellent customer service. You guys go above and beyond to help us out, and this really sets you guys high above the rest. I used your colleagues from Twitter to help in my order process, but direct contact here on the forum is even better!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Welcome Ashley. I've followed your help/assistance on the Explorer forum (which I'm considering adding to the C-Max fleet in '14). Really great to have your exceptional skills here. Will you still be on the Explorer Forum?

Thanks, TxTom!

I'll still be over there from time to time, but my friend Crystal is holding down the fort over there in Explorer town. :)

Welcome to the forum, Ashley! It's fantastic to see Ford's commitment to excellent customer service. You guys go above and beyond to help us out, and this really sets you guys high above the rest. I used your colleagues from Twitter to help in my order process, but direct contact here on the forum is even better!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Aww! Thanks, MadManMoon! I'm here when you need me.

Looking forward to getting some more info on the new 2014s that we plan on buying in the next 4-6 months....

I'll be sure to share what I find out as soon as I hear something, salsaguy. :)

Ashley

One thing area I have almost gotten into serious trouble a couple of times is the little blindspot mirrors on the side mirrors.  They really just don't stand out enough for me.

I wonder if through a software upgrade if the proximity sensors for parking and hatch would be able to tell you if there is a car next to you in your blindspot.  I have seen other cars do this and really like it.

Either that or improve the side mirrors to be more obvious for the blindspots.

How does the c-max compute the fuel used?  I reset trip odometer each time I buy gas.  When I refuel, I check the display readout.  It tells how many gallons of gas used but when I fill the tank it always takes more gas than the display says by around a gallon or so.  Is there a fuel line meter for gas usage?  Can this be fixed?  As a result, the display mpg calculation is always about 2 mpg higher than actual mpg.

One thing area I have almost gotten into serious trouble a couple of times is the little blindspot mirrors on the side mirrors.  They really just don't stand out enough for me.

I wonder if through a software upgrade if the proximity sensors for parking and hatch would be able to tell you if there is a car next to you in your blindspot.  I have seen other cars do this and really like it.

Either that or improve the side mirrors to be more obvious for the blindspots.

I luv the blindspot mirrors BUT it did take sometime to get use to them and CHECK them. I have driven Jaguar XFs and XJs with the electronic blindspot checkers and while they work fine, it took some time to trust them because you're relying on a light to flash at you versus trying to see the car. May be its jus me...but I luv having these blind spot mirrors. Only one time it failed to work and it was a POS 2 dollar car that had a paint job that matched the walls on the houses on the street....I nearly missed seeing him.....but I didn't hit him. Knucklehead.

I luv the blindspot mirrors BUT it did take sometime to get use to them and CHECK them. I have driven Jaguar XFs and XJs with the electronic blindspot checkers and while they work fine, it took some time to trust them because you're relying on a light to flash at you versus trying to see the car. May be its jus me...but I luv having these blind spot mirrors. Only one time it failed to work and it was a POS 2 dollar car that had a paint job that matched the walls on the houses on the street....I nearly missed seeing him.....but I didn't hit him. Knucklehead.

Other vendors have a light on the blind spot area of the side mirror that lights up when a vehicle is in the area.  It makes you look harder just like daytime headlights it snaps you out of auto pilot.  In my case in both times I looked at the mirrors to make a lane change and I just tuned out the blind spot section.

I think we should all look at them but just like daytime headlights making a difference this will too.  I am just hoping its just a software fix and not an issue with sensor capability.

• 6 months later...
Hi, everyone!

I'm Crystal, your brand new FordService rep here on the forum. I'll be taking the place of Ashley, helping you guys with the same questions and concerns she's assisted with in the past. I've been on Ford's Social Media team for two years now; if you've been on some of the other Ford vehicle forums, you may have seen me around.   :)

Please feel free to reach out and say hello as I get myself acquainted with this forum and the people on it. I look forward to getting to know all of you and helping out however I can!

Crystal 

It's nice to have someone officially from Ford here, and welcome, but I hope everything is okay with Ashley (who seemed to be pretty wonderful).

Ashley said many months ago: "We plan to add an agent who specializes in IVT (including SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SiriusXM) in the near future. We’ll be sure to let you know when he or she arrives".  Because I'm still rather new here I don't know if that ever happened, but if it hasn't I would hope it's still being considered (one of the main reasons I bought my C-Max was due to this technology and while I love it so far I still have questions and concerns about it).

Welcome, Crystal!

I sincerely hope I'll never need your assistance, but it's very comforting to know that someone from 'Corporate' is around to lend a hand, if and when help is needed.

Thanks, kostby! Let's hope our paths only cross for good reasons. :)

Hi Crystal I think I know you from the Flex, or Escape boards welcome here :)

I have been on quite a few forums, komondor; when I first started out I was on Flex, Fiesta, Focus, and Escape forums. Thanks for the welcome; nice to "see" you again! 

It's nice to have someone officially from Ford here, and welcome, but I hope everything is okay with Ashley (who seemed to be pretty wonderful).

Ashley said many months ago: "We plan to add an agent who specializes in IVT (including SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, and SiriusXM) in the near future. We’ll be sure to let you know when he or she arrives".  Because I'm still rather new here I don't know if that ever happened, but if it hasn't I would hope it's still being considered (one of the main reasons I bought my C-Max was due to this technology and while I love it so far I still have questions and concerns about it).

Hi, Kelleytoons!

Yep, we have an in-vehicle technology (IVT) agent as well; here's a link to their profile: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/user/1703-fordivtteam/ Feel free to send them a PM with your questions; I know they'll be happy to help! :)

Crystal

Hello Ashley. 

Just want to tell you thank you for been here for us.

The reason I am writing this note is to ask for an direction on what to do.

The situation is, we got 2013 cmax SEL (leftover). so far we are having it for tree days. Total mileage is 230 miles so far. This morning, third morning of owning it, car was dead, and would not start. I jump start it, and my wife went on her way. I believe there is no point to go for dealer service since by that time battery will be fully charged. I did call Ford customer center and ask them to record this event for my car. Is anything else should I do?

Thanks

Dmitriy

Dmitriy, IMO the best thing to do is call Ford roadside assistance and get the car to the dealer. I know it's a hassle but if this is a recurring issue that Ford doesn't / can't fix, you will have the documentation to pursue a lemon law case.  My guess is that simply documenting the incident over the phone without a dealer looking into the issue may not count (in Ford's eyes and per the law) as an occurrence in a lemon law case.  Also, it could be that perhaps your battery is failing (can't hold a charge) which the dealer can test for. 

Having said the above, I'd probably do what you did the first time but if it happens again, I'd get it to the dealer on a flat bed.  

Hello Ashley. 

Just want to tell you thank you for been here for us.

The reason I am writing this note is to ask for an direction on what to do.

The situation is, we got 2013 cmax SEL (leftover). so far we are having it for tree days. Total mileage is 230 miles so far. This morning, third morning of owning it, car was dead, and would not start. I jump start it, and my wife went on her way. I believe there is no point to go for dealer service since by that time battery will be fully charged. I did call Ford customer center and ask them to record this event for my car. Is anything else should I do?

Thanks

Dmitriy

HI Dmitriy,

I'm Crystal, the new Ford Service rep on this forum; nice to meet you! As Plus 3 Golfer recommended, getting your vehicle diagnosed and documented at the dealership is the best course of action. This is the ideal way to get data about your vehicle logged in our system and to get any information about trending concerns into the hands of our engineering folks. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Crystal

Dmitriy ..... I hope your "won't start" never happens again, for another 10 years.

Hi Crystal .... it's nice to meet you.  I'm buying a car, would like it to be your C-max, great car the 3 times I drove it.  A combined 40MPG would be wonderful !!   Imagine that comes close to what your Model T gets.  :)

Can you please offer any plans that Ford and/or it's dealerships have, to turn, help a car shopper with reliability concerns after the 3/36k warranty expires on the C-max?   For example, remember when Hyundai extended their warranties to win customers over and build some consumer trust?   Car stuff happens, and I know repair costs are a revenue stream for Ford, but can you help an oversized true blue american? 

Thanks!!