Vent mode w/o climate control on

timber725

Is it possible to just open the vent and let in fresh air without have the climate control on?  

I have not been able to do this.  I just want fresh cold air from outside.  Instead, I get warm air coming at 60 degree (outside 45 degree).  And I noticed that climate control was sucking up 10% of my EV range.  So now I drive with climate control off and it gets too warm and need fresh air.

I never knew something that used to be so basic on all cars is not a likely feature.  What's so hard about just opening up that vent?

Is it possible to just open the vent and let in fresh air without have the climate control on?  

I have not been able to do this.  I just want fresh cold air from outside.  Instead, I get warm air coming at 60 degree (outside 45 degree).  And I noticed that climate control was sucking up 10% of my EV range.  So now I drive with climate control off and it gets too warm and need fresh air.

I never knew something that used to be so basic on all cars is not a likely feature.  What's so hard about just opening up that vent?

I haven't tested this but what happens if you turn the temp dial to Lo and then turn off a/c and slow down the fan. Does it put it back to 60 or do what you want?

I haven't tested this but what happens if you turn the temp dial to Lo and then turn off a/c and slow down the fan. Does it put it back to 60 or do what you want?

Yes, this is what I think.  If you set it to 60 or above, then it will try to maintain that set temp with whatever means possible.  And of course, make sure re-circ is off.

This became more important to me when I got the NRG as HVAC settings can really alter the available battery range.