Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Vent mode w/o climate control on

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   timber725

timber725

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 32 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Is it possible to just open the vent and let in fresh air without have the climate control on?  

I have not been able to do this.  I just want fresh cold air from outside.  Instead, I get warm air coming at 60 degree (outside 45 degree).  And I noticed that climate control was sucking up 10% of my EV range.  So now I drive with climate control off and it gets too warm and need fresh air.

I never knew something that used to be so basic on all cars is not a likely feature.  What's so hard about just opening up that vent?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Edsel

Edsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 253 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL 303A

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Not that I have been able to figure out.  Wish it was.

#3 OFFLINE   zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 829 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Sel 303A

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

Is it possible to just open the vent and let in fresh air without have the climate control on?  

I have not been able to do this.  I just want fresh cold air from outside.  Instead, I get warm air coming at 60 degree (outside 45 degree).  And I noticed that climate control was sucking up 10% of my EV range.  So now I drive with climate control off and it gets too warm and need fresh air.

I never knew something that used to be so basic on all cars is not a likely feature.  What's so hard about just opening up that vent?

I haven't tested this but what happens if you turn the temp dial to Lo and then turn off a/c and slow down the fan. Does it put it back to 60 or do what you want?

#4 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,298 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

I haven't tested this but what happens if you turn the temp dial to Lo and then turn off a/c and slow down the fan. Does it put it back to 60 or do what you want?

Yes, this is what I think.  If you set it to 60 or above, then it will try to maintain that set temp with whatever means possible.  And of course, make sure re-circ is off.

This became more important to me when I got the NRG as HVAC settings can really alter the available battery range.

#5 OFFLINE   timber725

timber725

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 32 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

Setting temp on LO, set fant to LOW, turning off AC, and disable recirculation.  But if the outside air temp is desirable and I'm traveling at 60MPH, why run the fan at all if it's just to let in fresh air.

#6 OFFLINE   ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,408 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:SEL, 303A, Panoramic Roof

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

There is no straight vent function.  By turning off the air conditioner and setting to LO, this prevents either heat or air conditioned air from coming through; it's the closest thing to vent.  The only decision is how fast to set the fan speed.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·