Front row floor mats

Chinto

Does anyone know if the front row floor mats are dimensionally the same in the 2013 Ford Focus and the C Max. The reason I ask is I would like to put the Weathertech digitalfit floor mats in my C Max. Weathertech however does not make them for the C Max. They do however make them for the Focus. Looking at the pictures they look the same and since the C Max is based on the Focus platform I am hoping that the two floor mats are dimensionally the same. Thanks

Fortunately I only live a few miles from the Weathertech factory store. Yesterday I decided to take the C Max for a drive and visit their store. I asked if I could test fit their Digital Fit mat. They were reluctant at first because they only sell these mats for specific cars because of the custom fitting and did not want to expose themselves to off label liability. Anyway, bottom line is the Digital Fit mat for the 2013 Ford Focus does NOT fit correctly in the C Max. The fastening snaps do not align. They said that they have been getting many inquires this past month for their mats and expect production for the Digital Fit mat in the near future. My name was place on a contact list in which they would email me when they become available. I would guess the more inquiries they receive the faster they will start production. So get on the contact list if you want the Weathertech Digital Fit mats in your C Max. I know I do!

• 2 weeks later...

The Weathertech mats are now available. Why are they, as well as the OEM Ford accessory ones only available for the front and not the back seat floor?

Because in a C-max, nothing messy ever happens in the back seat. happy%20feet.gif

Seriously though the weathertech digital fit floor liners are still not available. Since I have a dog, I need the liners. I suggest that if anyone is interested, they contact Weathertech and fill out their request form.

Edited by CNCGeek

• 2 months later...

Excellent news for C-Maxers - looks like they have the front and back seat floors covered.  Now how about the cargo area.  I might prefer a cargo mat that would include the down folded back seats - one piece.  I would modify a one piece to fold up with the seats somehow.  Sure hope they get enough response to add one or two versions of the cargo area mat.

Fortunately I live fairly close to the WeatherTech store so I went yesterday to buy the DigitalFit floor liners,  I have had these floor mats for other cars and wanted them for my C Max.   As I expected the new floor mats fit perfectly.   The carpet is completely protected where it needs to be.  The only issue I see with these is the driver side snaps are a little to strong.  I needed at pry  bar to unsnap them so going to the car wash will likely be a problem for easy removal.  I am planning to call today to see if  Weathertech has a solution. Other than that I am very please with the fit and finish and the protection.  

If I get some removal tips from the factory I will let you know.      

Once you get them please post some pictures.  The pictures they have on the weathertech web site are not from a CMAX and I would like to see exactly where the Digital Fit edges line up.

I contacted WeatherTech regarding the driver side fastening problem.  CS is sending me  replacement "grommets" that will hopefully make it easier to unsnap and remove the liner.  I will let you know how that goes.  

While the photos below are not great it should convey how they fit in the C Max.   

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99971988/2013%20600x300.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99971988/2013%20600x300%20floor%20mat.jpg

How's the access to the second row storage area with the second row mat installed?

I only have the front row DigitalFit mats.  My backseat never gets used so I use the OEM mat on the 2nd row seats.   The WeatherTech 2nd row mat is one long piece across the entire floor so I would think it could interfere with access somewhat.   You would probably need to fold the one side over onto the other side to open the hatch depending on what you were retrieving or placing in the recess.   Especially if you were using the air compressor kit.  If your backseat gets a lot of traffic however a full width mat would protect the center hump area much better than the factory split mats.  

I contacted WeatherTech regarding the driver side fastening problem.  CS is sending me  replacement "grommets" that will hopefully make it easier to unsnap and remove the liner.  I will let you know how that goes.  

While the photos below are not great it should convey how they fit in the C Max.   

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99971988/2013%20600x300.jpg

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/99971988/2013%20600x300%20floor%20mat.jpg

The fronts look great.  One question.  On the drivers side, does the left foot rest portion go high enough or does your foot extend over the top?  Thanks for the pictures!

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

The fronts look great.  One question.  On the drivers side, does the left foot rest portion go high enough or does your foot extend over the top?  Thanks for the pictures!

The mat covering the left foot racing ramp measures 7 1/2" from the floor.  So with my sz 9 shoe my toes extend above the mat when flat against the racing ramp.  

This is an update on the replacement "grommet"  WeatherTech sent to solve the difficult to unsnap the mat from the carpet problem that I have.  It takes a pry bar to unsnap the mat from the carpet.   Long and short it was the same exact grommet already in place so it did not help.   

Not wanting to fool around anymore with WeatherTech I decided to take the new grommet and ream it out a little to see if that would solve the problem.   Good news, the snaps now work perfectly.  I simply took my dremel tool with a cylinder type sanding stone and removed some of the bumps inside the grommet to loosen it up.  It just took a little.  You don't even need to take the snap apart to ream the inside of the grommet.   Now it is easy to unsnap the mat from the carpet.  

So for those of you who find their DigitalFit mat from WeatherTech hard to unsnap simply ream the inside of the grommet just a little and that will solve the problem.   

I just got a set of WeatherTech All-Weather mats (not the DigitalFit liners), front and rear. I didn't have any problem with the grommets on my driver side mat. The mats fit well and look good. The left foot rest for the driver isn't completely covered to the top, but it does cover the area my foot usually rests on when in a comfortable seating position.

The AAA link in your message goes to a page for the MI AAA.  Also, in the restrictions it says phone orders only, no discount on online orders.  

I am in NC and I can't tell if we get the same discount here.  I can't find it on the AAA Carolinas discount listing.  If I decide to order a set I will call Weathertech and see if I can get the discount.