Official Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

FordIVTteam

Hello everyone,

I'm Rebecca and I'm here to help with your in-vehicle technology questions or concerns. :) As Ashley mentioned last week, I handle SYNC, MyFord Touch, navigation, SiriusXM, Travel Link, and MyFord Mobile. If you need my assistance, please don't hesitate to shoot me a private message; I'm here Mon - Fri from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST).

I look forward to working with all of you! woohoo.gif

Rebecca

Good to see somebody is here and listening.  I will start with some wishes:

1) My car has air conditioning controls.  I would much rather we be able to repurpose the MFT quadrants for other purposes.  IE choose what each quadrant is used for.  For example be able to see the car hybrid status in the quadrant.

2) The right side dash display - I would like to be able to add displays that are only on the left and put some of them on the right.  I feel like I can only choose one or the other.  The leaves just don't do it for me.

3) The obvious one is support for Siri through the cars audio system.

4) The NAV system should be able to read contact information from your phone without a clunky in between download.  Also Use SIri to google it and say "GO THERE" all via voice.

5) How about a trip summary of your driving behavior that could tell you multiple examples of why your mileage is poor:

Warmup time cost this much

Breaking cost this much

Acceleration cost this much

Maybe even show mile by mile example with map overlay.

Edited by zalusky

A huge welcome here as well Rebecca - thanks for 'joining the fray'.

One little itty bitty thing I would like to mention:

The My View screen;  Being OC about MPG's, I would like to have "Trip 2" in that configuration; it is there, but it does not include the MPG's (or miles) like the 'normal' trip screens.  Therefore, I am constantly flipping back & forth between the primary displays and the trip displays.  Hope you follow that.  Seems like the My View Trip option would have that 'vital' piece of infor for us OC MPGers.

Thanks, & welcome again,

Nick  (We  :wub2: our C-Max !!!)

Edited by C-MaxSea

My biggest tech wish is to be able to have two phones actively connected by bluetooth at the same time (like the Jabra Freeway).  I have separate work and cell phones, and would like to be able to have both active on SYNC so that either one can receive a call that goes to SYNC.  If it's a hardware issue it's probably too late for the Cmax, but if it's just software, then it would be a nice thing to see in a future update.

Aww, what a warm welcome. Thanks, everyone! :love_shower:

Your suggestions are fantastic, and I'll definitely pass them along. You can also post them on www.Social.Ford.com under Your Ideas for all owners to vote and comment on (it's fun).

Welcome Rebecca, Just wondering if Ford did away with the "lifetime summary" on the Cmax as I have it on my Fusion hybrid which is also 2013 with the same display. Just can't seem to find it with scrolling. Tnx in adv.

My sources say this has been removed, but make your voice heard with the above link. You never know, it could always make a comeback.

When will Bluetooth streamed Spotify start showing artist, album and other information?  That would be a really great enhancement.

Most apps won't show this information via Bluetooth streaming; however, I will pass this along as well. :)

Rebecca

Edited by FordIVTteam

Welcome Rebecca.  just wondering if Ford can put the oil life monitor on the cmax.  i don't want just a message "engine oil change required".  i would like to see something "40% oil life remain" or something like that.  thanks

Yeah - that.  I have had that on every GM car I have owned since '94 - can't understand why it doesn't display, since we have been told by a forum member who is a Ford Service Technician that the oil life remaining is calculated and visible on his proprietary scan tool - just not on our dash display.

While you're at it, a numeric display of instantaneous fuel economy would be better than that lame bar graph.  Finally, how about a display of actual tire pressure - not just a warning when one or more are low.  I know every car is a compromise between costs and benefits, but none of these requests would require any new hardware or add any additional cost to the car.

Welcome Rebecca,

I know it is wishful thinking, but it would be great to have a diagnostic screen that shows all the sensor values.

Tire pressure, oil pressure.

Coolant temperature, battery temperature, AC compressor temperature, heater core temperature, oil temperature, inside ambient temperature, inside humidity, etc.

LV battery voltage, LV battery power, HV battery voltage, HV battery power/current.

And of course oil monitor life. (with a reset button)

And several engine sensor values.

Welcome!

Do you know anything about the navigation problem where it locks onto parallel streets and tries to reroute?

See last few posts in thread titled Navigation Package Satisfaction.  (for some reason I can't insert a link or paste it)

I'll take a look at the thread. :)

Yeah - that.  I have had that on every GM car I have owned since '94 - can't understand why it doesn't display, since we have been told by a forum member who is a Ford Service Technician that the oil life remaining is calculated and visible on his proprietary scan tool - just not on our dash display.

While you're at it, a numeric display of instantaneous fuel economy would be better than that lame bar graph.  Finally, how about a display of actual tire pressure - not just a warning when one or more are low.  I know every car is a compromise between costs and benefits, but none of these requests would require any new hardware or add any additional cost to the car.

Welcome Rebecca,

I know it is wishful thinking, but it would be great to have a diagnostic screen that shows all the sensor values.

Tire pressure, oil pressure.

Coolant temperature, battery temperature, AC compressor temperature, heater core temperature, oil temperature, inside ambient temperature, inside humidity, etc.

LV battery voltage, LV battery power, HV battery voltage, HV battery power/current.

And of course oil monitor life. (with a reset button)

And several engine sensor values.

Thanks! I'll go ahead and submit these as well, but don't forget to also post them on www.Social.Ford.com under the Your Ideas selction.

Rebecca

Again thanks for being here Rebecca. But here's another deleted item. I drove the wifes Cmax this morning and noticed the speed indication set point for the cruise control is gone also. All I have is the green clock dial indication. Kinda got used to it in the FFH. Also is there a way to stop the horn from beeping when I leave the car on to go open the door for my aunt? Its annoying and isn't nice on the neighbors at night. 

One thing area I have almost gotten into serious trouble a couple of times is the little blindspot mirrors on the side mirrors.  They really just don't stand out enough for me.

I wonder if through a software upgrade if the proximity sensors for parking and hatch would be able to tell you if there is a car next to you in your blindspot.  I have seen other cars do this and really like it.

Either that or improve the side mirrors to be more obvious for the blindspots.

Again thanks for being here Rebecca. But here's another deleted item. I drove the wifes Cmax this morning and noticed the speed indication set point for the cruise control is gone also. All I have is the green clock dial indication. Kinda got used to it in the FFH. Also is there a way to stop the horn from beeping when I leave the car on to go open the door for my aunt? Its annoying and isn't nice on the neighbors at night. 

One thing area I have almost gotten into serious trouble a couple of times is the little blindspot mirrors on the side mirrors.  They really just don't stand out enough for me.

I wonder if through a software upgrade if the proximity sensors for parking and hatch would be able to tell you if there is a car next to you in your blindspot.  I have seen other cars do this and really like it.

Either that or improve the side mirrors to be more obvious for the blindspots.

I'd love to be able to answer these questions for you both; however, they're a little out of my scope but Ashley/FordService would be able to help.

Rebecca

I would like to add another feature to my wish list.  The dream would be to have a "Reply" function for text messages, where I can Listen, and then flip the steering wheel paddle, and command a Reply that I dictate.  Short of that, I would prefer that we be able to at least customize the stock reply messages in MFT, rather than having to only select from the stock messages.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

Hello everyone,

I handle MyFord Touch woohoo.gif

Rebecca

Rebecca,

Welcome to the board!

I use Pandora through the USB connection, which is really nice in that I can keep my phone charged, and MFT displays album art as well as allows some control of Pandora. My question: is it possible for Ford to upgrade the Pandora app to include the thumbs up/down feature, or is this beyond MFT's capability? Also (question 2), is there any way to increase the size of the art? I really appreciate the fact that the art is displayed, but it's so small, it's not as nice as it could be. Again, is this a limitation of MFT, or do you think the size could be enlarged in future updates?

Thank you for participating on the board.

Rebecca,

Welcome to the board!

I use Pandora through the USB connection, which is really nice in that I can keep my phone charged, and MFT displays album art as well as allows some control of Pandora. My question: is it possible for Ford to upgrade the Pandora app to include the thumbs up/down feature, or is this beyond MFT's capability? Also (question 2), is there any way to increase the size of the art? I really appreciate the fact that the art is displayed, but it's so small, it's not as nice as it could be. Again, is this a limitation of MFT, or do you think the size could be enlarged in future updates?

Thank you for participating on the board.

Exactly how does one go about using Pandora through the USB connection?  Where does one find the Pandora App on the car?

Thanks for any guidance.

Exactly how does one go about using Pandora through the USB connection?  Where does one find the Pandora App on the car?

Thanks for any guidance.

There isn't a MFT Pandora app on the screen.  You use your smartphone to access the app, and then you connect to MFT to play it through your vehicle's speakers.

USB depends on the phone.  I've tried it on a Samsung Galaxy Note II (Android), and it doesn't work.  Instead, I stream via Bluetooth.  I believe, but I can't recall for certain, that iPhones work with the USB connections. 

I never tried streaming Pandora; I'm a Spotify person.  However, at least one person told me that you can see the album art for Pandora, when you stream via Bluetooth.  I can't even get that far with Spotify.  Spotify will stream with no problem, but MFT won't display the album art.

It would be really great if we could have decent functionality (like your wish for thumbs up and down on Pandora, and my wish for album art on Spotify) between MFT and other devices and apps.  I am happy with what I have, but I certainly look forward to getting these improvements.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

I'll jump in here, since I happened to discover this recently:

You can thumbs up / down using the right steering wheel controls:

Thumbs up = Press and hold Seek Forward >>|

Thumbs down = Press and hold Seek Back |<<

Source: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/pandora-for-sync-applink-sync