The C-Max Bar - The Best Place to Greet & Talk

Jus-A-CMax

Guess I had better reserve a stool.  Not the best photo, but how about this one for now.  We may still have an 'identity' issue here.  Grouper is his first name, but we are not sure if that will stick for long.  Seeing how he is potty I mean parking trained, perhaps a more sophisticated name is in order - NAH.  Nick   (Jus, get me a Guiness before I break my brain!)  (Do you angle or parallel park when you pull up onto the bar stool?)

post-328-0-83887000-1389028106_thumb.jpg

Edited by C-MaxSea

I'll fix the photos tonight when I get home...looks SENSATIONAL Adair & Nick (mate - don't worry, I always have a place at the Bar reserved for u  ;) )

This morning's run to work was a 76.6 MPG and I am SO HAPPY my MPGs are back, temp was 61F...can I say   :woot:

Oh man, I got to talk to RobertLane about the "woot" emoticon... :woot: , thats lame....

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Tanks Mike.  Beautiful family Adair - wow does that Candy Blue look great in the snow, at least the little bit we see - teheheh.  PS  We desperately need snow out/up here, please send us some!  Nick

while your at it send some rain to the west coast.  Has been like spring here for weeks.

A cousin of mine (whom I have never met, but found in my online search for family members--another story) said (in a Facebook chat) that another distant relative (that I have also never met) was looking at a C-MAX, and wanted to know what I thought about it.  After I told her, which was about a week ago, I just heard back from her today, and she said that he got it!  :thumbsup: Naturally, I told her to tell him to sign up for the Forum.

So Ron, if you have signed up, let us know!  :congrats:

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

...that is AWESOME to hear ScubaDadMiami!!! Now will you tell him about the 1 bar vs 2 bar, or shall I? I know I scare posters off.....warts and all ;)

I can't believe how cold this Vortext is making the mid & east guys - stay safe....but I am curious, you guys should do a hot water VAPORIZATION testing and post it on youtube.

PS If Ron drinks, lets see if he heads to The Bar first :headspin:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I'm going to throw this one out there.......are there any beekeepers among our ranks? Jerry and I got a bee hive (kit) that we are going to put together (and try not to kill each other in the process.) The kit has about a million pieces!!! :noobie:

We need more bees for our garden, and the honey will be awesome! :drool:We are going to a meeting in Ann Arbor Tuesday night.

Now, you should know that I am terrified of bees! I have been known to try to get out of a moving car if a bee gets in. :drop: But over the years I've developed a respect for the honey bee. So for me to be excited about having a bee hive is HUGE in our family.

If there are any others with hives, please chime in. We can chat by PM if you want.

Wish me luck!

I'm going to throw this one out there.......are there any beekeepers among our ranks? Jerry and I got a bee hive (kit) that we are going to put together (and try not to kill each other in the process.) The kit has about a million pieces!!! :noobie:

We need more bees for our garden, and the honey will be awesome! :drool:We are going to a meeting in Ann Arbor Tuesday night.

Now, you should know that I am terrified of bees! I have been known to try to get out of a moving car if a bee gets in. :drop: But over the years I've developed a respect for the honey bee. So for me to be excited about having a bee hive is HUGE in our family.

If there are any others with hives, please chime in. We can chat by PM if you want.

Wish me luck!

One thing I will mention from my experience as one who USE TO to have a bee hive in my backyard.  I decided to get rid of it after my bees started becoming aggressive if I came to close with my electric lawn mower which wasn't as noisy as a gas mower, but still they didn't like it.  Many times I ran off looking for shelter because of angry bees buzzing my body.  I suggest having a place to put them where they will not be disturbed.  Which is why I guess you see those little white boxes (hives) grouped together out in an open field.  What prompted me to start my own hive is when I found a large football sized group of bee's clustered together hanging from my grape arbor one day.  All these submissive worker bee's huddling all over a newly crowned queen bee.  Which I assume came from a nearby large Pepper Tree which has been home to a large bee population in the inner bowels of this massive tree for years.  If you find such a grouping of a newly spawned colony, it is important to position a bee hive with it's lid removed underneath the cluster of bee's (CAREFULLY) don't want to piss them off.  They will eventually find the hive and the workers will check it out and bring the new queen to it as their new colony.  Once that happens the lid can be carefully placed as bee's will be moving to and from the hive.  Then you can move the hive to a better location where they can live undisturbed.  BTW local honey is great for those who suffer from seasonal allergies (like myself) since it is made from all the pollen of plants and tree's common to your area.

Shades of Cajun from the 'North Country'.  Too much time, too much snow, too much aquavit, too many squeezeboxes I guess.

Posted for no good reason whatsoever.  (Check out Pontikkalaulu if you dare)

nick

Nick I dare to say I will be researching for more of this music since I spent time in New Orleans (Nawleens to locals) after Katrina blew through and I became infected with a love for Cajun style music as a result of my visit.  Thanks for sharing.

Edited by mtb9153

Mike, I probably should not have invoked the 'good name' of Cajun music here.  I too like a little Cajun now & then to liven things up.  These guys are as crazy as it gets up North in Sweden/Finland with irreverent drinking songs................... and I rarely 'drink' - they do have fun though!

Love the bees !  :bee: :bee: :bee:

Edited by C-MaxSea

Even it its not Cajun it has that polka rhythm and accordion sound which I like so much and I can't understand the words.  Great music and the Sweds know how to build a good rally car and live a good like.

Sorry it took so long to reply to this post, I selected the 128 q post by reviewing the cars that it did fit, and then comparing the roof line contour to the C-Max, the q128 seems to be the best and it worked well, I had to do several re-adjustments to find the best fit. but it worked perfect in the end.

Also getting a solid 42mpg in winter driving here in New Mexico, this car has saved me a lot of money on gas.

One thing I will mention from my experience as one who USE TO to have a bee hive in my backyard.  I decided to get rid of it after my bees started becoming aggressive if I came to close with my electric lawn mower which wasn't as noisy as a gas mower, but still they didn't like it.  Many times I ran off looking for shelter because of angry bees buzzing my body.  I suggest having a place to put them where they will not be disturbed.  Which is why I guess you see those little white boxes (hives) grouped together out in an open field.  What prompted me to start my own hive is when I found a large football sized group of bee's clustered together hanging from my grape arbor one day.  All these submissive worker bee's huddling all over a newly crowned queen bee.  Which I assume came from a nearby large Pepper Tree which has been home to a large bee population in the inner bowels of this massive tree for years.  If you find such a grouping of a newly spawned colony, it is important to position a bee hive with it's lid removed underneath the cluster of bee's (CAREFULLY) don't want to piss them off.  They will eventually find the hive and the workers will check it out and bring the new queen to it as their new colony.  Once that happens the lid can be carefully placed as bee's will be moving to and from the hive.  Then you can move the hive to a better location where they can live undisturbed.  BTW local honey is great for those who suffer from seasonal allergies (like myself) since it is made from all the pollen of plants and tree's common to your area.

Great info Mike! Thanks for sharing. How long did you keep the hive? Any books you recommend? I passed on the info about mowing to Jerry..

Adair you might want to consider Mason bees.  We have put up accommodation for Mason bees in our old house and in our new house.  You won't have honey hives, but you will have bees that pollinate and help the dire situation that is happening with lack of bees to pollinate crops etc.  Mason bees are easy keepers!

Edited by Laurel