The C-Max Bar - The Best Place to Greet & Talk

Jus-A-CMax

Great info Mike! Thanks for sharing. How long did you keep the hive? Any books you recommend? I passed on the info about mowing to Jerry..

Adair, I kept it going for about 5 growing seasons before giving it up.  Went great for a couple years then things seemed to taper off.  Most of my fruit trees have gotten sick and are dead or dying.  I lost my big 25 year old Bing Cherry tree.  Used to be a big producer, but is now mostly dead, sadly.  Books no can't say I do, most of what I know I learned from my Dad who grew up on a farm in East Texas during the 30's and 40's.

Adair you might want to consider Mason bees.  We have put up accommodation for Mason bees in our old house and in our new house.  You won't have honey hives, but you will have bees that pollinate and help the dire situation that is happening with lack of bees to pollinate crops etc.  Mason bees are easy keepers!

Thanks for that info Laurel. For some reason I had no sound with the video. I'll look it up from work today and re-watch it. I've never heard of Mason bees!

barkeep….time for another  :airquote: round.

Some of the threads on here remind me of my 2 brothers and I in the 1950’s.

We decided we could build a better B52, one that didn’t shake our house when it took off.

We got 2X4’s, nails, a saw and hammer and went to work.

Several days and 2 busted thumbs later, SUCCESS!

We flew that thing everywhere  :dance:  and it didn’t make a sound.

Laurel, we do Mason bees too, love them!.  They are cool.  (I just have to duck or dodge now and then when they are tracking up our narrow path - but that goes for all the bees and hummingbirds as well)  My wife usually asks for 'a couple more chunks of wood' each year.  I supply the wood & drill, and she's off making more Mason bee homes.  Thanks for sharing the video.  :bee:

Nick 

There was one time I was concerned with the sudden exterminations of the bees which was why I stocked up on the honey...still going thru my supply, lol.

Now...BACK from a Mammoth weekend. Rode up there with Gas Pods only this time (got scared of the overheating climbing Sherwin with the grill covers) - and guess what, without the covers - my MPGs was slightly better. I also compared my old Mammoth runs and with this Gas Pod run, it was not better than pre-13b07 days of the Mammoth run, more like practically the same - around 45MPG total for the trip there and back.

Also had a flat tire incident when I was up there. [ Note to self...do not run over bottles on road. See bottle & turn away.]

And for once at Mammoth, I saw 3 CMaxs - 2 Sterling gray HEV and 1 NRGY. One owner was driving by and he  his wife was probably shocked to see my Maxine. Didn't have time to wave. Tons of SUVs and Prii but I luv it when I when I got 81MPG going 41 miles from Mammoth back down to Bishop - while all these V8 beasts were burning fuel away...I was cruising in EV and maxing out my batts...Yes :drool:

Also, met some Olympic Gold Medalist US Snowboard team members@Mammoth - they do exists and share 3 gold medals between them, 1 chick and 1 kid - legends of snowboaring, or soon to be. May post some photos of this later this week. Mammoth hosted the Slopestyle & Giant Half Pipe Olympic qualifiers for the Sochi Winter Games. While my heart lies with the Aussies, in snowboarding...Go USA! Go USA! (good thing I don't have to go home anytime soon since ASIO will be after me for that wee rant... :runaway: ).

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Nice Jus, perfect for the daily commute across Lake _________________.  (Couldn't resist watching the 900 HP Evo clip & 11 sec Camaro - and I'm kind of an anti speed / pollution type)  Glad Mammoth is seeing more C-Maxes!  (Horrible ski season here. All of our winter weather has been stolen)

Edited by C-MaxSea

Paul, I'm working up to a "voluptuous hindquarter curves" thread (MY 13 & 14) if someone doesn't post one before I do. :)  ;)  :)   (EDIT:  just referring to the evolution of the rear quarter panels / bumpers in cardom that we are seeing - going from wrapped curves to chopped off / creased for aerodynamics (see tuft testing thread))

Edited by C-MaxSea

• 2 weeks later...

Hey barkeep, hear the one about the guy who went to pick up his car from the MB shop .................... $$$ ..... bank..........bar..............

OK, time to pick on MB; too easy to feast on Toyada, yada, yada these days.

Anyway, here is my personalized, purely biased spread comparing our C-Max features to the new MB GLK Bluetec 250 Diesel. 

Amazing what a little extra $20,000 will get you - fewer features, more bulk weight, oh, and a nice ashtray! 

(Is there a better way than a pdf file?)

Just having fun.  :stirpot:

C-Max Feature Checklist GLK 250.pdf

Edited by C-MaxSea

Just wanted to show everyone the new stretch limo that I added to the fleet.  I finally found something that gets even better fuel economy than the C-MAX, although it comes at a great sacrifice to power.

Stroller

Because Slowpoke is such a slowpoke (which is fine for hiking, but not so fine for cardio), I decided to get him one of these.  We took our maiden journey, earlier today.  I walked him on the leash for about 20 minutes, and when I tired of the pace, in he went.  He was nervous at first, but he was asleep by the time I passed the one mile mark.

I try to walk for exercise.  I really enjoyed our walk today.  I am so glad that I finally got this.
Edited by ScubaDadMiami

Hey barkeep, hear the one about the guy who went to pick up his car from the MB shop .................... $$$ ..... bank..........bar..............

OK, time to pick on MB; too easy to feast on Toyada, yada, yada these days.

Anyway, here is my personalized, purely biased spread comparing our C-Max features to the new MB GLK Bluetec 250 Diesel. 

Amazing what a little extra $20,000 will get you - fewer features, more bulk weight, oh, and a nice ashtray! 

(Is there a better way than a pdf file?)

Just having fun.  :stirpot:

I like that....free virtual drink complements of the house for the nice PDF. What is the range of the MB? I saw TV ads touting 795 mile tanks for the Jetta TDI...not bad but for what size tank.

I got a nice story for The Bar, when I get home...it is conclusive proof of SOMETHING. I suspect it will make Libs happy and Conservatives cringe...ooh...did I jus light a fire!!!!!!

;)

I like that....free virtual drink complements of the house for the nice PDF. What is the range of the MB? I saw TV ads touting 795 mile tanks for the Jetta TDI...not bad but for what size tank.

That MB appears to have a 17.4 gal tank (MB website says 15.6 ;)). Per Fuely they are getting around 26 - 32 mpg and tanks of 400 - 600 (16-18 gallons). Doing some coasting in neutral and you might be able to get 700, although very difficult. That would be a $70 tank, of course, compared to a $44 tank with the C-Max.  A stiff fuel premium, stiff purchase premium & stiff shop rates premium for very comparable space & performance.  All combined I'd say twice the price over ten years and far less 'stewardly' of the air we breath.

I got a nice story for The Bar, when I get home...it is conclusive proof of SOMETHING. I suspect it will make Libs happy and Conservatives cringe...ooh...did I jus light a fire!!!!!!

;)

So where does that leave a conservative, lower case communist like me! ;) ;) ;)  (Where did I leave my tofu ice cream anyway.........)

Edited by C-MaxSea

That MB appears to have a 17.4 gal tank (MB website says 15.6 ;)). Per Fuely they are getting around 26 - 32 mpg and tanks of 400 - 600 (16-18 gallons). Doing some coasting in neutral and you might be able to get 700, although very difficult. That would be a $70 tank, of course, compared to a $44 tank with the C-Max.  A stiff fuel premium, stiff purchase premium & stiff shop rates premium for very comparable space & performance.  All combined I'd say twice the price over ten years and far less 'stewardly' of the air we breath.

So where does that leave a conservative, lower case communist like me! ;) ;) ;)  (Where did I leave my tofu ice cream anyway.........)

So...we have a Conservative Communist....

Oh goodie!! I like being Happy!!

and a Happy Liberal....

This will make everyone happy, all the scientists, and end ALL ARGUMENT that this phenomeon DOES NOT EXIST....

Yes folks....

Global Warming does exist.

Maxine left the garage and it was -40F

and when she got to work, it was a SMOKING 108F

I could not believe this....and my Maxine does not lie. After all, its put together by Ford, components made in China and software programmed by Micro$oft....

I present the proof....

12336322885_a716c7cfd2_z.jpg

So all you right wing, Al Gore hating, those fake emails from the global warming scientists believers...you are ALL WRONG!!!!

;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

So...we have a Conservative Communist....

and a Happy Liberal....

This will make everyone happy, all the scientists, and end ALL ARGUMENT that this phenomeon DOES NOT EXIST....

Yes folks....

Global Warming does exist.

Maxine left the garage and it was -40F

and when she got to work, it was a SMOKING 108F

I could not believe this....and my Maxine does not lie. After all, its put together by Ford, components made in China and software programmed by Micro$oft....

I present the proof....

12336322885_a716c7cfd2_z.jpg

So all you right wing, Al Gore hating, those fake emails from the global warming scientists believers...you are ALL WRONG!!!!

;)

Oh, and look...you're out in the middle of a field too!